Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/05...n-jaguars/

Finally someone who gets it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 01:00 AM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-27-2022, 07:24 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/05...n-jaguars/

Say It Isn't So!!!

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-27-2022, 07:24 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/05...n-jaguars/

Trevor had a lot going against him last year in terms of coaching and talent. But along with the things he couldn't control, he didn't do a great job when it came to the things he could. 

I really hope he becomes that guy for us because i'm honestly so tired of being a fan of a team that feels out of the playoff race by week 3 every year, but he's gonna have to show me something on the field before I'm sold.. I've bought hype on so many players over the past 15 years that i've been a fan and very rarely has it ever come to light. 

So i'ma wait and see.

(05-28-2022, 03:46 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Trevor had a lot going against him last year in terms of coaching and talent. But along with the things he couldn't control, he didn't do a great job when it came to the things he could. 

Most believe he actually did quite well considering the ineptitude around him. 
The typically rookie mistakes that are to be expected were magnified/amplified because of (again) the ineptitude around him.

I don't think you've been able to identify those moments in his performance, and I don't believe you're able to grasp how much he was thrown to the wolves by that coaching staff.  As a result, you attribute too many mistakes to the player when he was thrust into a crap situation, and you place too much weight on little errors that rookies historically struggle with. 

Conversely, the more I look at tape of his good play and his bad play in 2021, I'm even more encouraged. 

As long as the O-Line doesn't seriously struggle and the receiving corp doesn't fall off a cliff again, the Lawrence/Pederson combo will show a healthy increase in production and efficiency.

(06-01-2022, 02:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/ihartitz/status/1532...BQnpcDKGSQ

DROPS

That pretty much sums it up.

(06-01-2022, 04:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 02:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/ihartitz/status/1532...BQnpcDKGSQ

DROPS

That pretty much sums it up.
Some of those drops had me laughing out loud

The drops from 59 seconds on were absolutely hilarious and embarrassing
Waiting for the same posters to come in and say those drops werr all Lawrence's fault......

(06-01-2022, 04:55 PM)Newton Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 04:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: That pretty much sums it up.
Some of those drops had me laughing out loud
And some of those throws were INSANE

(06-01-2022, 08:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 04:55 PM)Newton Wrote: Some of those drops had me laughing out loud
And some of those throws were INSANE

You spelled “horrendous” wrong

Tongue

Just terrible how he made those poor receivers hurt their hands that way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Despite the Circle Jerk going on in this thread as I stated previously, last year was last year. The minute we hired Pederson I was instantly optimistic. I believe Pederson will get the most out of Lawrence. If you want to continue on with last years narrative you are free to do so but some of you are like old men shaking a stick. I know it's the off season and your bored but just let it go.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(06-02-2022, 12:08 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Despite the Circle Jerk going on in this thread as I stated previously, last year was last year.  The minute we hired Pederson I was instantly optimistic.  I believe Pederson will get the most out of Lawrence. If you want to continue on with last years narrative you are free to do so but some of you are like old men shaking a stick.  I know it's the off season and your bored but just let it go.

Lol, like we're just gonna forget your history.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-01-2022, 11:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just terrible how he made those poor receivers hurt their hands that way.

Smh
To much power and spiral

He jarred there fingers bad, there mother's were furious

(06-02-2022, 12:08 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Despite the Circle Jerk going on in this thread as I stated previously, last year was last year.  The minute we hired Pederson I was instantly optimistic.  I believe Pederson will get the most out of Lawrence. If you want to continue on with last years narrative you are free to do so but some of you are like old men shaking a stick.  I know it's the off season and your bored but just let it go.

If that isn't the truth.

NH3...
"AZANE"

You literally started this thread with "most of his problems are on him"

But now with Pederson it's different? 

OK

(06-02-2022, 08:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

OK

Of course, because if he does anything this year it's Pederson and not Lawrence.

DUH!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-02-2022, 08:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

OK

(06-02-2022, 08:18 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 08:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You literally started this thread with "most of his problems are on him"

OK

Of course, because if he does anything this year it's Pederson and not Lawrence.

DUH!

QFT.

It wasn't just the drops. The offense had like a 3:1 pass/run ratio in many of these games, creating too many situations where Lawrence was under pressure, or his receivers were double covered, or both. Frankly a 59% completion rating is impressive in that circumstance.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-02-2022, 09:11 AM)mikesez Wrote: It wasn't just the drops.  The offense had like a 3:1 pass/run ratio in many of these games, creating too many situations where Lawrence was under pressure, or his receivers were double covered, or both.  Frankly a 59% completion rating is impressive in that circumstance.

It was the plan, the coaching, the game prep, the play calling, the execution, the lack of supporting talent, and the usual rookie issues. Clearly this means Lawrence was terrible and a Josh Rosen-like bust.