Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People "shying away" from Jaguars OC position per John Clayton via BCC

Meh,, Clayton's opinions don't constitute fact, as many others have pointed out.

However, I have found Clayton to be very reputable when he reports facts, and also to being very close to fact when he offers his opinions.

So, as many here might get a little upset by his opinions,, maybe he's not far off from the truth (or maybe he is).

We'll just have to wait and see,, if we ever do get to see the truth.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would think an inexperienced candidate would jump at the chance because opportunities dont always come around.  For someone more established though I can understand why someone would want to pass.  If this team doesnt have a good year, decent chance Bradley is gone.  Which means the OC would be gone.  Nobody wants to be fired.

This.

Im thinking the guy we hire is with one of the 4 teams still in the playoffs

Clayton rarely says anything I agree with.

Quote:Meh,, Clayton's opinions don't constitute fact, as many others have pointed out.

However, I have found Clayton to be very reputable when he reports facts, and also to being very close to fact when he offers his opinions.

So, as many here might get a little upset by his opinions,, maybe he's not far off from the truth (or maybe he is).

We'll just have to wait and see,, if we ever do get to see the truth.

Or maybe Bradley's seat is hotter than suspected.

Quite possibly Khan/Caldwell told Bradley that it's either him or Fisch, and within the NFL circles this does not bode well in attempting to lure a top flight candidate.

Now this is mere speculation on my behalf, so please don't.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Maybe many of the OC's are lactose intolerant and can't have ice cream.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Or maybe Bradley's seat is hotter than suspected.

Quite possibly Khan/Caldwell told Bradley that it's either him or Fisch, and within the NFL circles this does not bode well in attempting to lure a top flight candidate.

Now this is mere speculation on my behalf, so please don't.
Bradley's seat couldn't be colder for a guy coming off a 3 win season. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Gus needs to hurry up and find our OC. I'm losing my patience

Quote:Bradley's seat couldn't be colder for a guy coming off a 3 win season. 
That in itself is very troubling.  I'm having Gene Smiff deja vu all over again.  Keep being "patient" they said. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Bradley's seat couldn't be colder for a guy coming off a 3 win season.
And Fisch won't be fired right?

Quote:Gus needs to hurry up and find our OC. I'm losing my patience

Someone would actually need to accept the job. Callahan went to the freaking Redskins. 

Quote:Gus needs to hurry up and find our OC. I'm losing my patience

"Alright, we'll hire the next guy to interview.  Who do we have scheduled?"

"Greg Olsen."

"[BAD WORD REMOVED]"

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/14/7...c-position

Here's an excerpt from the article

"It was a very curious move for Gus Bradley to fire Jedd Fisch. They were such good friends and all that. Hey, you go to a rookie quarterback, and the expectations are you're only going to get 14-16 points a game. That's reality, particularly knowing they didn't have a running game. So, Rick Dennison can be a candidate, but I think a lot of people are shying away from the job because it's going to take some time for this team to build up."
Yeah, one of 32 positions available in the entire world, which happen to pay in the high 6 figure to low 7 figure range.

Who would want that?

Anyone who would take a job like that is just plain silly.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Yeah, one of 32 positions available in the entire world, which happen to pay in the high 6 figure to low 7 figure range.

Who would want that?

Anyone who would take a job like that is just plain silly.

Plenty of people would take it. Just not somebody who's actually in demand from other teams. 

Quote:Plenty of people would take it. Just not somebody who's actually in demand from other teams. 
If they were in demand from other teams, why are they looking for work?

Did you think this through?.........

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:If they were in demand from other teams, why are they looking for work?

Did you think this through?.........

Is this a serious post? 

Quote:And Fisch won't be fired right?

You're turning into quite the little stalker. Creepy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You're turning into quite the little stalker. Creepy.

Calling you out when you continue to make definite statements that are invariably wrong is not stalking. 

Quote:Is this a serious post? 

I don't think that you get it.

My guess is that the new OC isn't going to be a "news flash" type of hire and might be a "who?" type of hire.  So called "big name" people are not necessarily "in demand" from 32 other teams.  The "big name" people are looking for work for a reason.

Relax and let it play out.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I don't think that you get it.

My guess is that the new OC isn't going to be a "news flash" type of hire and might be a "who?" type of hire.  So called "big name" people are not necessarily "in demand" from 32 other teams.  The "big name" people are looking for work for a reason.

Relax and let it play out.

So we're already preparing for when the team is going to settle for a bottom of the barrel OC who no other team even bothered to interview. Got it.