Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quotes from the players

Shorts, and others, can say it all they want but we have to see it on Sundays. Just like Gabbert, we could see the talent in practice and preseason, but we have to see it on Sunday.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would have to disagree with you.

Yes it does matter and to fans that want to "win right now" and "start Bortles now" the concept of having a plan and sticking to it just doesn't sink in.

Nobody on this message board outside of a few real "homer fans" predicted or even expected the Jaguars to be really good this year.  I would venture to say that front office personell and coaches pretty much had the same idea.

Nothing turns around immediatly whether it's a NFL Franchise or a multi-million dollar company.  Success comes from planning, believing and sticking to the plan, and it comes over time.  From a management perspective, getting the rest of the employees (team) to buy into the plan is the challenge.

This coaching staff has players that have bought into the whole plan.  As long as they "stay on course" the wins will soon come.  I don't see the coaches or Front Office staff "failing this team", I see them making the tough decisions, enduring the reaction of the press and fans, and sticking with the long term plan to make this a winning franchise.

The goal this week is Sunday's game.  The result that we want to see is improvement.  While a win would be nice, the main objective is to just get better.
I'm not asking this team to win a ton of games.  All I am asking is not to get embarrassed on the field and lose by double digits every week.  Too much?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Yes so that's 2 offseasons in obtaining talent and 2 offseaons for the coaches to work out a plan. I don't think anyone is asking this team to win that much but not even being competitive after 2 offseasons is not acceptable. I believe the Colts are going to slap us at home again next week and wonder if you will keep singing that same toon.

Just like the Gene Smith era when people on here kept preaching "patienece." It's not always a good thing.

Repeat after me: SECOND year of rebuilding. SECOND youngest roster in the league. SECOND game of the season. Step away from the ledge.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:When this team continues to get blown out following the coaches game plan yes it is smart to not follow that same path.

What is the definition of insanity?  Because the plan this whole regime has laid out is blowing up in the fans faces. 

Going against the grain is different then whats going on now.  It can't get any wore and who knows could get better.

Again, I assume you expect a winning team "right now".  That never happens.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Repeat after me, 200 roster moves, 2 offseason acquisitions, 2 drafts, 2 preseasons, 2 training camps, still not competitive!

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:Repeat after me, 200 roster moves, 2 offseason acquisitions, 2 drafts, 2 preseasons, 2 training camps, still not competitive!

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Rome wasn't built in a day or even two, Chief but the number of moves definitely indicate how much of a makeover was needed.

Quote:Again, I assume you expect a winning team "right now".  That never happens.
You must not of read my post because I said I am not expecting lots of wins.

What I am expecting is a competitive team that does not get blown out by double digits every week.  After 2 offseasons is that too mush to ask?

Quote:I'm not asking this team to win a ton of games.  All I am asking is not to get embarrassed on the field and lose by double digits every week.  Too much?

Yes it is too much.

Take a look at week 1.  The Jaguars pretty much had everybody shocked in the first half, and showed glimpses of what is being built.  In the second half, at least part of the meltdown occurred because of injuries and/or lack of experience.

Week 2 - The Jaguars are expecting and possibly planned for RG3 for the whole game.  Put a different QB in with different tendancies and the game plan goes out the window.  Also keep in mind that this is a very young team, and they still need to learn to adjust and adapt to circumstances.

We are only going into week 3 of a 16 game season.  Things will change.  It is what it is.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Yes it is too much.

Take a look at week 1.  The Jaguars pretty much had everybody shocked in the first half, and showed glimpses of what is being built.  In the second half, at least part of the meltdown occurred because of injuries and/or lack of experience.

Week 2 - The Jaguars are expecting and possibly planned for RG3 for the whole game.  Put a different QB in with different tendancies and the game plan goes out the window.  Also keep in mind that this is a very young team, and they still need to learn to adjust and adapt to circumstances.

We are only going into week 3 of a 16 game season.  Things will change.  It is what it is.
Wow your expectations are real low.  At this rate it will take a century to build a solid team.  The truth is this team has underperformed and the game plan has not worked.  The philly performance I will give you that we out performed in the first half.

The Washington game whole performance was unacceptable from both offense and defense. 

Yeah, sure I hear that. But then I see guys like Reggie Nelson, Terrence Knighton, Eugene Monroe, Daryl Smith, et. al. playing on winning teams. They weren't good enough to play on a 4-12 team but yet they are good enough to be playing on winning teams.

I'm tired of hearing this crap that the team was void of talent when Gus got here. Dave and Gus have built this roster, they released who they thought was not worthy of staying, and they brought in the players they thought had talent. They own this roster, if it lacks talent then it's their baby.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

So true!

Quote:You must not of read my post because I said I am not expecting lots of wins.

What I am expecting is a competitive team that does not get blown out by double digits every week. After 2 offseasons is that too mush to ask?

I do agree if this team is playing like they did against WAS in week 15, then it may be time to at least start thinking about heading to the Modis building but I honestly believe the WAS game was due to a young team not knowing how to react after getting hit by the second half bus in Philly. Indy will help us understand if that was the case.

Quote:Wow your expectations are real low.  At this rate it will take a century to build a solid team.  The truth is this team has underperformed and the game plan has not worked.  The philly performance I will give you that we out performed in the first half.

The Washington game whole performance was unacceptable from both offense and defense. 

As a starting point, reference the 2009 and 2010 Seattle Seahawks.  Though the record of their team was better than the past couple of seasons for us, I see that kind of base, and that kind of improvement comming.

Quote:Yeah, sure I hear that. But then I see guys like Reggie Nelson, Terrence Knighton, Eugene Monroe, Daryl Smith, et. al. playing on winning teams. They weren't good enough to play on a 4-12 team but yet they are good enough to be playing on winning teams.

I'm tired of hearing this crap that the team was void of talent when Gus got here. Dave and Gus have built this roster, they released who they thought was not worthy of staying, and they brought in the players they thought had talent. They own this roster, if it lacks talent then it's their baby.

Regards........................the Chiefjag
I am in total agreement. 

You Reap what you sow

There is this little thing called progress.  As you go you get better little by little. The last 6 quarters has been a real eye opener. 

Quote:As a starting point, reference the 2009 and 2010 Seattle Seahawks.  Though the record of their team was better than the past couple of seasons for us, I see that kind of base, and that kind of improvement comming.

Agreed.  Teams, especially ones as young as this one is, have to learn how to win.

I thought for sure after 2 offseasons we would see an actual NFL football team on the field. Don't you homers get it? Watch the other crappy teams in the league. They occasionaly move the ball on offense and make stops on defense. Our team goes out there and gets whooped every single play. It's not even a football game most weeks, it's a massacre. It's like watching Alabama play a high school team.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

There is a difference between learning how to win and getting your butt handed to you on the football field.  I would not be so upset if most games were competitive and this team lost some close games.  This team still hasn't learned to compete.  It's like we are out manned, out gunned, and out coached every week.

It's interesting to view fan perspective on this board.  I consider myself as an optimistic "glass half-full" kind of person.  Quite a few on here are clearly pessamistic "glass half-empty" types that want success "right now".  Rather than watch how things are coming together for this team, they would rather complain about how they don't win "right now" or complain about "how" the team loses a game.

It's going to get better.

Quote:It's interesting to view fan perspective on this board.  I consider myself as an optimistic "glass half-full" kind of person.  Quite a few on here are clearly pessamistic "glass half-empty" types that want success "right now".  Rather than watch how things are coming together for this team, they would rather complain about how they don't win "right now" or complain about "how" the team loses a game.

It's going to get better.
Thats an easy statement because it can't get worse.  I call that reality.

Quote:I thought for sure after 2 offseasons we would see an actual NFL football team on the field. Don't you homers get it? Watch the other crappy teams in the league. They occasionaly move the ball on offense and make stops on defense. Our team goes out there and gets whooped every single play. It's not even a football game most weeks, it's a massacre. It's like watching Alabama play a high school team.

We occasionally move the ball on offense and make stops on defense.  Actually, we're tied for second in sacks right now.  We are still getting blown out but it is mostly due to mistakes on offense (especially in the WAS game) and really crazy blown coverages resulting in big plays on defense.  Mental mistakes, not physical mismatches.  That's why the scores have seemed so one sided.  Bradley spoke about this.  It's not being a homer to say, once the mental mistakes on defense are eliminated, these scores will be much, much closer.  It's also not outrageous to say that once the OL starts playing better the offense as a whole will start scoring more points.

The problems on the OL though I'm worried *are* due to physical mismatches.  If this is the case, then we're going to have problems scoring points all year but I'm confident the defense can keep us in games once they learn the bleeepin' playbook (see my early post about Roy Miller's comments).