Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Blake Bortles ready to start?

If it's already scaled back that much, and theyre still struggling this bad.... Jeez

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The way this team looks right now we might see it in early November 

Which is about the time of our bye week.

Quote:Things that are REALLY alarming: Gus said the receivers and henne have trust issues. He also said they've already scaled the playbook back A LOT for the rookies.
I would say that's to be expected since our veteran receivers are hurt/suspended.

Quote:I would say that's to be expected since our veteran receivers are hurt/suspended.

Ace Sanders is only a second-year player and no better than the rookies.

No matter who plays QB this team is pretty garbage almost all the way around. And especially with the new injuries on offense.

Quote:No matter who plays QB this team is pretty garbage almost all the way around. And especially with the new injuries on offense.

If Bortles becomes thre starter, the quarterback is not garbage.

Sounds like some more rational postings coming out besides start BB, start BB.

The D was horrendous. Yes, they were tired, but they were bad before the game was out of hand. They were not even lining up in the right position. This is where the experience on this team lies. Players themselves say this.

I was hoping the D could keep us competitive in some games, figuring offense was a work in progress.

No experience at WR. OLine has more holes than buildings in Baghdad. Lewis is pedestrian at best...and he's out now, and he was a blocker as well. Toby getting hit behind the line.

I'd rather be a reporter behind ISIS lines than be a QB on this team.
Blakes Life Matters

BB5 improving our offense is an UNDERSTATEMENT...

His completions of +20 yards alone is an improvement. When BB5 enters the game the offense performs on another level and I'm certain that I'm NOT the only one that sees this...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:No matter who plays QB this team is pretty garbage almost all the way around. And especially with the new injuries on offense.

So Not True...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Ace Sanders is only a second-year player and no better than the rookies.
The topic was scaling back the play book for the rookies so try again.

Quote:BB5 improving our offense is an UNDERSTATEMENT...

His completions of +20 yards alone is an improvement. When BB5 enters the game the offense performs on another level and I'm certain that I'm NOT the only one that sees this...

NH3...

Are those stats from college or the couple exhibition games he played?
Blakes Life Matters

FBT is going to go down with the Henne ship

I don't understand how anybody can stick up for Henne right now.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 07:27 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Henne was bad, but there are alot of moving parts as to why he was this bad.  The O-line in both pass protection and run blocking was just terrible.  I mean, we did better in pass blocking in week 1.  I don't know what the heck happpened out there with the line.  

With that said, I'm ready for Bortles to get in there.  I watched every pre-season game, and even when the line broke down, Bortles made a play.  One play comes to mind, I think it was in week 4 when Bortles was playing against the Falcon's 1st string, Blake took the snap and a defender came straight up the middle un-blocked, Bortles side stepped him, rolled out to his right and threw it down field.  These are types of things against a first string D that makes me think Bortles can overcome a weak O-line. 

Plus, like I said, the line looked OK in pass protection against Philly...  So I'm trying to stay positive and hope that the line, especially at C and G get a bit better.  Of course, that's just a hope.  

The other concern that BB5 won't have control over is the personnel packages and game planning.  Can BB5 overcome a predictable offense?  The thing is, from what we've seen so far Defenses have no problem figuring out what's coming.  Looking at it from a positive perspective, perhaps Henne is so bad and figuring out what is coming from the D that he cannot exploit the matchup issues that come from overloading a side or from blitz packages that are coming his way.

Perhaps BB5 will be better at running Fish's offense.  It can be argued that I am hyper critical of the OC.  Perhaps what the OC needs is a QB that can better execute the game plan.  Either way, it's time to get BB5 in there.  I was thinking we'd wait till November, after the bye.  But I'm sorry, it's hard to watch Henne and the offense anymore.  I'm hoping BB5 is ready VERY soon.  Like  this week.  

But I doubt BB5 starts this week.  I hope he does.  But the coaches will do what they think is best.  Either way, I'll be watching.  It's just a matter of how much I'll be drinking and in what mood.  

In a way it comes down to do you prefer sacks by your Qb or ints by a young gun taking chances

Quote:In a way it comes down to do you prefer sacks by your Qb or ints by a young gun taking chances

I'll take INTS from a rookie QB than a bunch of 3 and outs from  our veteran QB...  

That's probably what they're comparing

Quote:I don't understand how anybody can stick up for Henne right now.

Easily: By not understanding Blake Bortles is a better quarterback.

Which of course is a tiny minority on this board.

The longer he waits, the better. Preferably a mid season start for him would be ideal. The offensive line is horrendous.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:The longer he waits, the better. Preferably a mid season start for him would be ideal. The offensive line is horrendous.

Honest question...  Do you wish BB5 not to start because of the O-Line and thier lack of talent?  Because they aren't gonna be getting that much better over this season.  "Gelling" is not the issue with them.  They were getting blown up in their 1 on 1 assignments yesterday.  The line won't be servicable this year, in my opinion.

Bowanko starting and Paztor coming back may improve us marginally, but at the end of the day we're gonna have issue with the line all year.  Therefore, does that mean we shouldn't start BB5 this year?  Cuz you know, the O-line?  

Naw, I say it's time to start the kid.  As Dr. Turkleton always says, "Learn by doing".