Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Locker Room Wants Blake Bortles To Start

Quote:Thanks for correcting me it may be a little ray of hope but it is very little.
It's all we have

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It doesn't matter what Khan wants. He's the owner, not the coach. The coach/GM make the personnel decisions. 
I think if Kahn calls Dave/Gus to a meeting and says the kid starts, the kid starts.  That said, I think he's smart enough to let the football guys handle the football part.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

[url=http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Henne-%E2][/url]

What I can't stand is all of Chad Henne's passive aggressive interviews. As a QB and leader of the offense, I'm tired of all of the "WE" talk he uses. I wish he would take more responsibility. Even though the loss was definitely not all on him, it would be nice for him to start using " i " in these interviews. He's not prolific or respected enough to give these "lets blame everyone, not just me" speeches. Time for him to own up. 

Love this fantasy advice...

Allen Hurns, WR, Jaguars

Allen Hurns and the other Jaguar receivers can't be used until Blake Bortles is named the starter, and it doesn't help that Hurns sustained a foot injury at Washington. Gus Bradley needs to be fired if he doesn't give the nod to Bortles soon

Quote:I think if Kahn calls Dave/Gus to a meeting and says the kid starts, the kid starts.  That said, I think he's smart enough to let the football guys handle the football part.

I think you pretty much got it correct. TYPICALLY, the GM/HC make the personnel decisions on gameday no matter what the owner wants. Sure the owner can remove them if they want, but other than Jerry Jones, I don't think owners really get that much involved. 

Khan is not going to be telling Dave/Gus who to start. There's just no way. He may suggest it, but he's not going to be threatening them if they say otherwise. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Out of all the people you quoted, only Zane Beadles was on the offensive line, and he got beat worse than anyone apparently. 

Also, sorry to tell you, but I find it hard to believe you're going to watch interviews where the players legit say on camera they're against Henne and for Bortles. I mean if that's not the easiest way to alienate yourself from the rest of the team. 

It doesn't mean they aren't thinking it. 

The players are clearly thinking it is partly, but far from entirely, Chad Henne's fault - which is true. Therefore they know the team is not going to flip a switch and get a lot better just by changing quarterbacks while keeping all other positions the same. Regardless of who they think should be the quarterback, the players know everyone, not just Henne or Bortles, must improve.

Chad is a horrible qb trying to play the nice guy to save his job... he cant move... now that's fine if you have a 25 million dollar offensive line... but he stinks, always has..

I can't believe they couldn't find anyone better... Brady Quinn is better than Chad for crying out loud.  Terrell Pryor even, at least he can run.

Quote:Love this fantasy advice...

Allen Hurns, WR, Jaguars

Allen Hurns and the other Jaguar receivers can't be used until Blake Bortles is named the starter, and it doesn't help that Hurns sustained a foot injury at Washington. Gus Bradley needs to be fired if he doesn't give the nod to Bortles soon

I picked up Hurns right after my fantasy draft was done too. He's been on the bench though. 

Quote:The players are clearly thinking it is partly, but far from entirely, Chad Henne's fault - which is true. Therefore they know the team is not going to flip a switch and get a lot better just by changing quarterbacks while keeping all other positions the same. Regardless of who they think should be the quarterback, the players know everyone, not just Henne or Bortles, must improve.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this for a second. This team would infinitely look better at this exact moment with Bortles behind the helm. 

As another poster went back an evaluated, after looking at all the sacks, only 4 were on the O Line. I mean to be honest, I don't think you even had to go back.. you saw Henne standing around staring down 1 person nonstop all day long then ducking into a sack. 

Henne is not the answer, and this team would look much better with Bortles starting, and would look even better if we had another RB than terrible Toby. 

You can't tell me that getting back Ace Sanders, and a hopefully healthy CS3 at least for a game or two, plus with Bortles starting wouldn't turn this offense around. 

Quote:What I can't stand is all of Chad Henne's passive aggressive interviews. As a QB and leader of the offense, I'm tired of all of the "WE" talk he uses. I wish he would take more responsibility. Even though the loss was definitely not all on him, it would be nice for him to start using " I" in these interviews. He's not prolific or respected enough to give these "lets blame everyone, not just me" speeches. Time for him to own up. 

Using the word we is actually not bad at all because it includes him. When you say, "We went to the store," that means you and other people, not just the people who you went to the store with, were shopping. Chad Henne was spreading blame to everybody including himself.

Quote:You can't tell me that getting back Ace Sanders, and a hopefully healthy CS3 at least for a game or two, plus with Bortles starting wouldn't turn this offense around. 

Yes I can. None of that would fix the offensive line or Toby Gerhart.

Quote:Using the word we is actually not bad at all because it includes him. When you say, "We went to the store," that means you and other people, not just the people who you went to the store with, were shopping. Chad Henne was spreading blame to everybody including himself.

He's the QB. He's the one that took the majority of the sacks. He's the one that made plenty of absolutely horrible throws for an NFL QB. In this situation, he's allowed to come forward and say "I screwed up." 

Quote:Yes I can. None of that would fix the offensive line or Toby Gerhart.

I'm glad you're one of the only ones out of thousands of fans that think putting Bortles in wouldn't fix anything then! Big Grin

Quote:I'm sorry, but I don't believe this for a second. This team would infinitely look better at this exact moment with Bortles behind the helm. 

As another poster went back an evaluated, after looking at all the sacks, only 4 were on the O Line. I mean to be honest, I don't think you even had to go back.. you saw Henne standing around staring down 1 person nonstop all day long then ducking into a sack. 

Henne is not the answer, and this team would look much better with Bortles starting, and would look even better if we had another RB than terrible Toby. 

I never said Chad Henne is the answer. I just think coaches will know when the time is right to start Blake Bortles and, without having all that film or the playbook, we don't have any way to prove they are wrong. Gus Bradley said he will evaluate everything before changing quarterbacks, which is the right way to do it.

Adam from Jacksonville:

Gus is right. Henne sure gives us the best chance to win. Imagine if we had Bortles in today, we'd be getting killed! P.S. John Cyprien, I miss you.

John: The belief has been strong to this point that Henne does give the Jaguars the best chance to win. It’s hard to get a read on if or how much that’s changing. The offensive line struggled Sunday. Really struggled. There appeared at first glance to be some plays where Henne could have done more. There also appeared at first glance to be plays where everyone could have done more. My first thought after the game was that it was hard to see where Blake Bortles could have fared much better. Henne was under that much pressure and 10 sacks is difficult to overcome. My later thoughts have been that you do wonder if Bortles had fared better. We don’t know, but there will be a lot of questions this week about whether we’re closer to finding out.

Tonight's O-Zone.

Who exactly has had that strong belief?

Quote:I'm glad you're one of the only ones out of thousands of fans that think putting Bortles in wouldn't fix anything then!

I think Blake Bortles will fix the quarterback position after all of the pieces are in place for him to succeed. Until then, just changing quarterbacks alone will fix nothing on offense.

Quote:I never said Chad Henne is the answer. I just think coaches will know when the time is right to start Blake Bortles and, without having all that film or the playbook, we don't have any way to prove they are wrong. Gus Bradley said he will evaluate everything before changing quarterbacks, which is the right way to do it.

What he'll be evaluating is hoping he has a job next year.  It will come to a point if we have another loss like this or two, he'll start Bortles because it will give him a reason to keep his job.  This coach and GM are tied to Bortles and his success.  At some point, they're going to have to ride it, THIS year.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:I never said Chad Henne is the answer. I just think coaches will know when the time is right to start Blake Bortles and, without having all that film or the playbook, we don't have any way to prove they are wrong. Gus Bradley said he will evaluate everything before changing quarterbacks, which is the right way to do it.

Yeah, if I were Gus Bradley with a team looking this terrible, I'd say the same things as well. I mean what easier way to sneak your way into a 3rd year than keeping your star player on the bench his entire rookie year to give you an excuse to stay another year. 

Bortles should start now, and the coaches are being selfish by not putting him out there. 

As stated by several people before, this is not your ordinary situation where you bench the up and coming player. This team is on an abysmal slide, in which it may not recover if it doesn't do something, and something fast. Bortles showed so much promise in the preseason, and absolutely destroyed all other rookie QB's, that to not give him the chance is absolutely insane.

You can stand behind the coaches all you want, it doesn't make you right. 

Quote:I think Blake Bortles will fix the quarterback position after all of the pieces are in place for him to succeed. Until then, just changing quarterbacks alone will fix nothing on offense.

Why won't it fix anything on offense?