Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Mallet to be traded

Quote:Gabbert was also the 10th overall pick in the draft. 

LOL... doesn't even factor.  Asinine...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Since you "watched" him in college, then you know he blew a sure win against Alabama nearly single handedly.  That was enough for me. 

One bad game was enough? Are you that consistent across the board with judging players or only certain ones?

Quote:It's a 2016 pick no less. Seems like NE didn't have much value to him if they're willing to wait 2 years to be compensated.

Keep in mind BTW that TMD is a firm believer that the patriots always come out on top in a trade.

Coming out on top in this trade is a conditional 7th round pick 2 years from now. That's how little value mallett held.

Pretty much think of it as TMD trading marqise Lee for a 7th rounder.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 05:52 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Keep in mind BTW that TMD is a firm believer that the patriots always come out on top in a trade.

Coming out on top in this trade is a conditional 7th round pick 2 years from now. That's how little value mallett held.

Pretty much think of it as TMD trading marqise Lee for a 7th rounder.

Not true. The Patriots just made a trade days ago that I don't think is all that great of a return for them. (Mankins deal) 

How you come up with the Marqise Lee deduction, no one knows. :wacko: 

Quote:Not true. The Patriots just made a trade days ago that I don't think is all that great of a return for them. (Mankins deal)

But mankins hasn't played yet? So you are a better authority on trade value than the Patriots now?

Also you always warn against these qb trades from the "elite front offices"

Patriots were trying to get a 2nd. Settled for a 6th. Hoddie lost this one. He got greedy and lost.

Quote:Patriots were trying to get a 2nd. Settled for a conditional 7th. Hoddie lost this one. He got greedy and lost.

ftfy

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I like Mallett, but I don't feel worried about him being in the division.

If anything, his trade value decreased due to the timing. They could have gotten more if they traded him earlier. But its just not favorable to sign a quarterback with one year left on his contract a week before the season. The Patriots are serious about their backups. And having a good backup is more important to them than acquiring value.

Quote:Not true. The Patriots just made a trade days ago that I don't think is all that great of a return for them. (Mankins deal)

You said you would trade a second for mallett.

Mallett value was clearly a 7th. 6th at best.

Pick 39 was used for Lee.

So you would have traded pick 39 for someone who only has 6th/7th round value which in turn, quantifies as a 7th rounder.

Pretty simple. Aren't you supposed to be a self-proclaimed genius?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I liked Mallett coming out of college but it seems every QB lights it up under Bobby Petrino. Brian Brohm anyone?

Quote:I liked Mallett coming out of college but it seems every QB lights it up under Bobby Petrino. Brian Brohm anyone?

Dave Ragone, Tyler Wilson.

A long list of bums.

Quote:So I'm guessing TMD would trade Bortles for Clowney/Mallett/Savage.

Personally I'd much rather be in our situation than theirs.

Quote:Those 3 vs just Bortles?

Yep, I'd take those three.

And I really like Bortles.

I feel like you will regret this answer.

he doesn't have much credibility in the first place so there's nothing for him to regret.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Wow

Quote:Wow

Anyone would think franchise qbs grow on trees. After 2 top ten busts and a decade of mediocre to awful qb play, he wants to trade away our potential superstar qb...

Quote:WHatever I would have given them for Mallett or not given for Mallett is immaterial.

The only thing that matters at the end of the day is the Texans got their QB.

and now with Savage already on the roster, even have a protege of similar physical tools/ playing style to develop at their pace.

#texanswinning

#tmdlosing

But he doesn't troll...
;

;

Well if Mallet plays he better play well as we are now in lefevour territory...

TMD,

Would you at least admit you severely overvalued Mallet in terms of market value?

My sarcasm meter just broke. Is trolling to this degree allowed?