Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seattle had the leagues #1 ranked defense in 2013, so did people overrate Bradley?

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014, 12:27 PM by Jags32250.)

How is it that we are letting this fool destroy our board?  I now check in every few days to get my Jags fix and it's always the same non-sense stirred up by this moron.  Imagine what fans of other teams must think if they check in here?  It's a clown show and it's destroying our forum and any hope for intelligent conversation.  He's a troll and a very successful one at that.  Please ban this idiot so we can get back to rational football talk. Please.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 10:04 AM by Perkolater.)

^^^^^  THIS!   Enough already!

Quote:You never advocated winning 5 or 6 games . I was advocating 6 wins and winning out our division to prove something and you said that would be a mistake by Gus and would prove nothing.

So does winning mean something or not?

As usual your arguments are contradicting themselves.

Quote:If that had happened, instead of hearing how "maybe Gus was the wrong pick" we would be hearing "won even more meaningless games and now we have a poor draft position".

I guess you cannot comprehend. 

Initially I wanted the Jags to pretty much tank and get the 1st pick. When they started to get something going, I was happy they were winning, and would have liked to seen that continue, but as usual they wind up stalling, and lose their last 3. 

The idea is to either have finished with the top pick in the draft, or overachieve to a 6, 7 win team. They wound up right in the middle of those 2 extremes as they usually do, and that generally is of little benefit. 

Not sure why this concept is so hard to understand for some of you. 

Quote:How is it that we are letting this fool destroy our board?  I now check in every few days to get my Jags fix and it's always the same non-sense stirred up by this moron.  Imagine what fans of other teams must think if they check in here?  It's a clown show and it's destroying our forum and any hope for intelligent conversation.  He's a troll and a very successful one at that.  Please ban this idiot so we can get back to rational football talk. Please.

Nothing's being destroyed. Its called differing opinion. What you're essentially saying up there is you want this board to essentially be another cheerleading section. You want to dictate what is said on here because YOU don't like hearing negative about the team. I wonder if you are this sort of spoiled in other aspects. If the team was actually good or had a good track record of recent on moves/ decisions working out and I was spewing negative then perhaps you would have a case. However, they haven't been, and you don't. I am merely the messenger. The Jags write my posts. Another case of misplaced anger from fans like you. If you want to be angry - be angry at the team for poor results. When they start doing things right consistently, my posts about the team will reflect it. Its just that they have been bad for so long, my posts follow suit and have been negative about them for equally as long. 

Quote:I am merely the messenger. The Jags write my posts. 
[Image: get-off-your-high-horse.jpg]

Did the Jags write that Bradley may be overrated - or was it the 2013 'hawks defense?  Oh.... that was just you. 

Quote:[Image: get-off-your-high-horse.jpg]

Did the Jags write that Bradley may be overrated - or was it the 2013 'hawks defense?  Oh.... that was just you. 

Its a topic worthy of discussion, given several factors discussed in the thread like Carroll's importance in all of this as well as the defense remaining top notch even after Bradley's exit. 

Quote:Nothing's being destroyed. Its called differing opinion. What you're essentially saying up there is you want this board to essentially be another cheerleading section. You want to dictate what is said on here because YOU don't like hearing negative about the team. I wonder if you are this sort of spoiled in other aspects. If the team was actually good or had a good track record of recent on moves/ decisions working out and I was spewing negative then perhaps you would have a case. However, they haven't been, and you don't. I am merely the messenger. The Jags write my posts. Another case of misplaced anger from fans like you. If you want to be angry - be angry at the team for poor results. When they start doing things right consistently, my posts about the team will reflect it. Its just that they have been bad for so long, my posts follow suit and have been negative about them for equally as long. 
No, it's just you.

Quote:I guess you cannot comprehend. 

Initially I wanted the Jags to pretty much tank and get the 1st pick. When they started to get something going, I was happy they were winning, and would have liked to seen that continue, but as usual they wind up stalling, and lose their last 3. 

The idea is to either have finished with the top pick in the draft, or overachieve to a 6, 7 win team. They wound up right in the middle of those 2 extremes as they usually do, and that generally is of little benefit. 

Nothing's being destroyed. Its called differing opinion. What you're essentially saying up there is you want this board to essentially be another cheerleading section. You want to dictate what is said on here because YOU don't like hearing negative about the team. I wonder if you are this sort of spoiled in other aspects. If the team was actually good or had a good track record of recent on moves/ decisions working out and I was spewing negative then perhaps you would have a case. However, they haven't been, and you don't. I am merely the messenger. The Jags write my posts. Another case of misplaced anger from fans like you. If you want to be angry - be angry at the team for poor results. When they start doing things right consistently, my posts about the team will reflect it. Its just that they have been bad for so long, my posts follow suit and have been negative about them for equally as long. 

I agree. People love having sunshine pumped up their rear end, and hate having to deal with inconvenient truths.

Fact is the team has been abysmal since Coughlin left. Hopefully that gets turned around.

Caldwell's first draft seems promising but we're going to need to see continued excellence, not just one good looking draft.

Quote:I agree. People love having sunshine pumped up their rear end, and hate having to deal with inconvenient truths.

Fact is the team has been abysmal since Coughlin left. Hopefully that gets turned around.

Caldwell's first draft seems promising but we're going to need to see continued excellence, not just one good looking draft.

Yep, and what I would caution in regards to the last line you posted - 

At this point in 2010, wasn't it a VERY similar feeling around these parts as it is right now? People thought of the Jags 2009 draft just as favorably as we look at the Jags 2013 draft. 

But as time wen't on, it never did work out. 

Quote:Its a topic worthy of discussion, given several factors discussed in the thread like Carroll's importance in all of this as well as the defense remaining top notch even after Bradley's exit. 
Oregon looked the same this year without Chip Kelly, so is he bad? 

Quote:Oregon looked the same this year without Chip Kelly, so is he bad? 

Of course not. Not exactly the same exact comparison/ variables either. Barry Switzer won with Jimmy Johnson's team shortly after Jimmy left.....but it was steadily downhill after that for the Cowboys. 

Chip Kelly managed to have success with his new team already. Gus Bradley's had success in SEattle but on his new team had the worst results on defense in team history. One could argue that if Bradley was as good as hyped, the defense might have seen at least some overachievement. 

Quote:I guess you cannot comprehend. 

The Vikings need a franchise QB as much as we do. They were set up to have a higher pick than us and be able to take Bridgewater or Manziel.

They blow that chance by beating the Eagles, finishing the season with 5 wins. 

You applauded the Vikings for that win.

Tail-chase in 3.........2........

Quote:The Vikings need a franchise QB as much as we do. They were set up to have a higher pick than us and be able to take Bridgewater or Manziel.

They blow that chance by beating the Eagles, finishing the season with 5 wins. 

You applauded the Vikings for that win.

Tail-chase in 3.........2........

This is stupid, the Vikings blew their chance of the #1 pick with more than just the 1 win vs the Eagles. They missed it by like 3 or 4 wins. 

Plus, the Vikings situation is not as parallel to ours. The Vikings were a playoff team in 2012. The Jags have been crap for 6 consecutive seasons. 

Quote:Plus, the Vikings situation is not as parallel to ours. The Vikings were a playoff team in 2012. The Jags have been crap for 6 consecutive seasons. 
they don't need a QB? who cares if they rode AP to the playoffs last year? they might be slightly more talented than the Jags, but they need a QB just as bad

you're grasping at straws

Quote:they don't need a QB? who cares if they rode AP to the playoffs last year? they might be slightly more talented than the Jags, but they need a QB just as bad

you're grasping at straws

never said they didn't need a QB, just said their situation (as far as sustained losing over years) wasn't identical. 

So who did it better, the Jaguars FO/Coaching Staff or the Vikings FO/Coaching Staff? One team won 4 games and is in position to draft Clowney, Bridgewater, or Manziel. One team won 5 games and has no chance at Clowney, Bridgewater, or Manziel.

You praised one staff and ridicule the other. I like our position better than theirs, despite their "over achieving".

Quote:never said they didn't need a QB, just said their situation (as far as sustained losing over years) wasn't identical. 

Weren't the vikings in the NFC championship just a few years ago?

Jaguars haven't been to the AFC championship in almost  15 years now.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 03:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So who did it better, the Jaguars FO/Coaching Staff or the Vikings FO/Coaching Staff? One team won 4 games and is in position to draft Clowney, Bridgewater, or Manziel. One team won 5 games and has no chance at Clowney, Bridgewater, or Manziel.

You praised one staff and ridicule the other. I like our position better than theirs, despite their "over achieving".

Once again you are misrepresenting the argument. I gave the example of Minnesota when speaking of a single game of a bad team beating a good one, since the Jags had zero such "statement games" in Bradley's rookie year. I also brought up Del Rio beating a good Indy team in 2003 as an example. 

Quote:Once again you are misrepresenting the argument. I gave the example of Minnesota when speaking of a single game of a bad team beating a good one, since the Jags had zero such "statement games" in Bradley's rookie year. I also brought up Del Rio beating a good Indy team in 2003 as an example. 
You've once again lost touch of your own argument and don't know up from down. Nothing unusual here.

Quote:Once again you are misrepresenting the argument. I gave the example of Minnesota when speaking of a single game of a bad team beating a good one, since the Jags had zero such "statement games" in Bradley's rookie year. I also brought up Del Rio beating a good Indy team in 2003 as an example. 

IMO,  the Vikings had much more talent in 2013 than the Jaguars did.   It would have been much more difficult for the Jaguars to have beaten a team on the Eagles level.   That much more so without the services of Justin Blackmon.    Gus Bradley got more out of the Jaguars talent in 2013 than Leslie Frazier did with the Vikings talent.

Quote:IMO,  the Vikings had much more talent in 2013 than the Jaguars did.   It would have been much more difficult for the Jaguars to have beaten a team on the Eagles level.   That much more so without the services of Justin Blackmon.    Gus Bradley got more out of the Jaguars talent in 2013 than Leslie Frazier did with the Vikings talent.

Well, true, thats why he got fired.