Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drafting if we fall out the first 5

If we fall out of the top five, I would go Offensive BAP again unless Caldwell has a QB rated close to that pick. I wouldn't mind going after Sam Watkins. Justin Is far far from a guarantee to be able to conquer his demons. Cecil Shorts is a good receiver but not a #1. Even if Blackmon stays sober, he is not a burner who can stretch the field. If Blackmon beats his problem, he, Shorts and Watkins would be a well balanced trio of receivers and a potential nightmare for opposing defenses. If a decent quarterback drops to the 2nd round, we go get him. If not, we go interior offensive line. Someone like Gabe Jackson, G, 340lbs. Great run blocker and hard to push backwards in the passing plays. We fill out the rest of our interior in later rounds. Football is won in the trenches and the foundation will be there. The 3 and outs on offense is killing our defense. We extend our drives, our defense rests and the opposing offense has the ball less. Maybe we can beef up the defense some in free agency. We will definitely improve even if we keep Henne. We get our QB the next year. Look out for us in 2015. We all knew this would take time. Hopefully, we stay in the top 2 or 3 this year so we can get our QB this year (while strengthening our interior OL).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So now that this is looking increasingly likely (and in fact we might not even pick top 10) what are people's thoughts? Obviously Bridgewater and Carr will be gone. Do you take another QB in the first or draft another need and see what's around in the second?

I still think there's a chance we draft Murray late on and bring in Vick/Flynn/Cassel for next year. Given that Bradley is (amazingly) getting us wins with what we have at QB the future is exciting!

Quote:So now that this is looking increasingly likely (and in fact we might not even pick top 10) what are people's thoughts? Obviously Bridgewater and Carr will be gone. Do you take another QB in the first or draft another need and see what's around in the second?

I still think there's a chance we draft Murray late on and bring in Vick/Flynn/Cassel for next year. Given that Bradley is (amazingly) getting us wins with what we have at QB the future is exciting!
Pray that Bortles declares and if not then just grab whoever lasts out of Clowney, Barr, or Mack. These wins feel so good right now but are hurting the future of the franchise a lot.

Quote:So now that this is looking increasingly likely (and in fact we might not even pick top 10) what are people's thoughts? Obviously Bridgewater and Carr will be gone. Do you take another QB in the first or draft another need and see what's around in the second?

I'd be happy to take any of these guys if they last to the 10th pick: Manziel, Watkins, Mack, Mosely, Tuitt

1. Eric Ebron

2. Gabe Jackson

3. David Fales

do you guys still hate the idea of johnny? I don't.

Quote:Pray that Bortles declares and if not then just grab whoever lasts out of Clowney, Barr, or Mack. These wins feel so good right now but are hurting the future of the franchise a lot.

Havent watched much of bortles. Is he far behind Carr or are they similar talents?

I think we still may pick top 10, maybe even top 5. Hate to be debbie downer but the Texans had more penalty yards than we had total yards, and we still barely won against the "worst team in the league".

Its still a real possibility we lose out and are in position for Carr or Clowney.

Quote:Havent watched much of bortles. Is he far behind Carr or are they similar talents?

Don't think he that's far behind Carr. Carr definitely has more arm talent but Bortles is in a pro style offense and has better pocket presence. Think he'd be a guy worth targeting in the middle or late first round.

Quote:Havent watched much of bortles. Is he far behind Carr or are they similar talents?
Bortles is going to look a whole lot like a less advanced Andrew Luck. He's got the same size/build, sublime pocket movement, solid athleticism (and surprisingly powerful), good enough arm strength, good accuracy/placement. Just really solid all around, will be a top 10 pick if he declares. 

Quote:lol, we're not falling out of the top two, much less top five.

(-:

Now it looks like we have zero chance of clinching the first pick and may even pick after quarterback-starved Minnesota. If both the Texans and Vikings pick quarterbacks (which is the only smart thing to do), we have to look at other positions and second round quarterbacks.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 10:19 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Bortles is going to look a whole lot like a less advanced Andrew Luck. He's got the same size/build, sublime pocket movement, solid athleticism (and surprisingly powerful), good enough arm strength, good accuracy/placement. Just really solid all around, will be a top 10 pick if he declares. 

I have seen the Luck comparison.

Some described him as if Andrew Luck was a good prospect instead of a great prospect.

I have watched him play a few times. I will be honest. I am not sure I saw a top 5-10 quarterback, but I am no scout. The South Carolina game, I came away more impressed with Storm Johnson.

;

;

Would I be right in thinking that our desired picks in elimination order would be;

Bridgewater,

Clowney,

Barr,

Carr,

Bortles.

What do people think we should do if none of those players are available when we pick? Wont be alot of trade value to trade down unless someone really wants Evans or Matthews (if they're still available). Would you take one of those or address the TE or DL?

Carr is risky.I watched some videos of him.So many of his throws looks like he's throwing off back foot.

Quote:Would I be right in thinking that our desired picks in elimination order would be;

Bridgewater,

Clowney,

Barr,

Carr,

Bortles.

What do people think we should do if none of those players are available when we pick? Wont be alot of trade value to trade down unless someone really wants Evans or Matthews (if they're still available). Would you take one of those or address the TE or DL?

Spot-on list, but I would place Mack instead of Bortles. Kid is explosive.

As for your other question, if all these guys are gone, I think we take Nix or Manziel.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Nix is who came to mind. Maybe Ebron as a darkhorse.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 11:00 AM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:If we fall out of the top five, I would go Offensive BAP again unless Caldwell has a QB rated close to that pick. I wouldn't mind going after Sam Watkins. Justin Is far far from a guarantee to be able to conquer his demons. Cecil Shorts is a good receiver but not a #1. Even if Blackmon stays sober, he is not a burner who can stretch the field. If Blackmon beats his problem, he, Shorts and Watkins would be a well balanced trio of receivers and a potential nightmare for opposing defenses. If a decent quarterback drops to the 2nd round, we go get him. If not, we go interior offensive line. Someone like Gabe Jackson, G, 340lbs. Great run blocker and hard to push backwards in the passing plays. We fill out the rest of our interior in later rounds. Football is won in the trenches and the foundation will be there. The 3 and outs on offense is killing our defense. We extend our drives, our defense rests and the opposing offense has the ball less. Maybe we can beef up the defense some in free agency. We will definitely improve even if we keep Henne. We get our QB the next year. Look out for us in 2015. We all knew this would take time. Hopefully, we stay in the top 2 or 3 this year so we can get our QB this year (while strengthening our interior OL).

I would be estactic if this happened, Watkins (imo) is a franchise WR similar to AJ Green & Calvin Johnson, he's obvioulsy a different player than those guys, but will have a similar impact at the next level.

What do people think about Khalil Mack? Is he a reasonable top-10 Pick?

Quote:What do people think about Khalil Mack? Is he a reasonable top-10 Pick?
It would be a surprise if he wasn't.