Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drafting if we fall out the first 5

Given our run in for the rest of the season, it is feasible that we could (possibly) win another 2-4 more games. My question is if we draft lower that 5th overall would your draft strategy change? If so what would you do?

Do you think its an option to not draft a QB in the first if Bridgewater and Mariota are gone and try and pick up someone like Flynn, Vick or ever make a large play for Rothersburger then draft someone in rounds 5-7 (Murray or someone). Basically go the same way as Kansas City have done this year?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

One way or another I think they'll draft the QB they plan to build around.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

If that happens we'd probably draft Tahj Boyd if all the other top QBs are gone or wait til the 2nd and get Murray, McCarron, or Mettenburger.

Quote:If that happens we'd probably draft Tahj Boyd if all the other top QBs are gone or wait til the 2nd and get Murray, McCarron, or Mettenburger.
Although I don't possess the keen QB evaluation skills of TMD, I was impressed by Mettenburger on Saturday.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Although I don't possess the keen QB evaluation skills of TMD, I was impressed by Mettenburger on Saturday.

I was thinking the same thing. He has a load of talent around him but he looked alot better than Johnny F on Saturday. And he's got an NFL body too.

;

;

Quote:I was thinking the same thing. He has a load of talent around him but he looked alot better than Johnny F on Saturday. And he's got an NFL body too.
If we don't get Teddy with the 1st or 2nd pick (Teddy and Clowney go 1 and 2), then we would most likely take Barr or Matthews. Then take a QB in the 2nd round (Mettenberger Boyd).

Not sure what to think and I really could care less who our QB is going forward as long as they are the right QB. It doesn't have to be Teddy but he looks to be the most polished.

Quote:If we don't get Teddy with the 1st or 2nd pick (Teddy and Clowney go 1 and 2), then we would most likely take Barr or Matthews. Then take a QB in the 2nd round (Mettenberger Boyd).

Not sure what to think and I really could care less who our QB is going forward as long as they are the right QB. It doesn't have to be Teddy but he looks to be the most polished.

They aren't taking Matthews. But I could see a Clowney/Barr in the first and then come back and get a Mettenber back into the first or top of the second.

;

;

Quote:They aren't taking Matthews. But I could see a Clowney/Barr in the first and then come back and get a Mettenber back into the first or top of the second.
If we end up at say #4 with Teddy, Clowney and Barr off the board, who would they take?

Draft a QB and go out a Cutler or Vick. Vick could be had on the cheap and would improve our offense 10 fold.

I hope we get Teddy or Mariota, but looking at the schedule I would be shocked if we ended up with one of the first 2 picks. Can't see Minnesota winning another game with their schedule, and the Texans and Falcons look very poor.

I only mentioned about the Flynn/Vick/Rothersburger idea as obviously the roster is very young, so might be an idea to bring in someone who knows the league (but isn't awful!)

Have to say, I enjoyed the performance from the defence yesterday!

Quote:If we end up at say #4 with Teddy, Clowney and Barr off the board, who would they take?

It won't be Matthews. Could be a trade down. Could be Derek Carr.

;

;

Quote:Although I don't possess the keen QB evaluation skills of TMD, I was impressed by Mettenburger on Saturday.

I think they will look for a more athletic qb. This is a complete guess but they are taking very similar players to Seattle.

Haven't seen enough of Mettenberger tho.

Quote:It won't be Matthews. Could be a trade down. Could be Derek Carr.

What makes you think anybody would trade up to #4?

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013, 11:17 AM by Jinjo.)

Wouldnt mind Carr. I need to watch him more but from the couple of games I saw it looks like he could develop into a franchise guy.

Dont over react to this win though. The offense is still pitiful and I dont think the defense cant keep performing like this.

Quote:What makes you think anybody would trade up to #4?

Who thought the Dolphins would trade up to 3 last year?

;

;

Quote:Wouldnt mind Carr. I need to watch him more but from the couple of games I saw it looks like he could develop into a franchise guy.

He's a guy to keep an eye on for sure. He had a great game the other night. They are positioning themselves for a potential BCS bowl berth.  

;

;

If we fall out of the top 5, then its QB lottery for us. 

That worked out well last time (Gabbert). 

Quote:If we fall out of the top 5, then its QB lottery for us. 

The scary thing is Gabbert wasn't considered a lottery pick. He was the top QB on a lot of boards, and even the draft pundits liked him too, but were the first to blame up for taking him when he went all Gabbert on us.

Quote:If we don't get Teddy with the 1st or 2nd pick (Teddy and Clowney go 1 and 2), then we would most likely take Barr or Matthews. Then take a QB in the 2nd round (Mettenberger Boyd).

My head will explode if we take another OT in the 1st.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:If we fall out of the top 5, then its QB lottery for us. 

I agree with this. I dont think that past Bridgewater and Mariota theres really alot between the next bunch of QB's. Was one of the reasons that I mentioned bringing someone in on a trade/ free agency. On a side note. Do you think Roethlisberger will leave Pittsburgh? And if he did would you rather take him or draft a QB baring in mind he's 31.