Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There is no way you can blame the Coaching Staff for this.

Quote:I'd say give them a fair enough time to rebuild one of the worst rosters in the history of the NFL. I'd say 3-4 years, but 2-3 years would be adequate if we see no improvement at all.
How long do you expect people to fork over thier hard earned money for these performances.  The days of long rebuilding are gone!

Go Navy! Support our returning veterans!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How long do you expect people to fork over thier hard earned money for these performances.  The days of long rebuilding are gone!
Nobody is forcing you to do anything. In fact, the fan support at Everbank has been quite terrible this year. Yeah, I can understand why. But still, it's been terrible.

And, no, the days of long rebuilding are NOT gone. Just because the Colts did it in 1 year, it doesn't mean everyone can. The Colts got Andrew Luck. There is a difference. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Nobody is forcing you to do anything. In fact, the fan support at Everbank has been quite terrible this year. Yeah, I can understand why. But still, it's been terrible.

And, no, the days of long rebuilding are NOT gone. Just because the Colts did it in 1 year, it doesn't mean everyone can. The Colts got Andrew Luck. There is a difference. 

The Colts literally caught good Luck.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Off topic kinda.     I remember some fans on here wanting to draft Kerrigan or Robert Quinn  with our 1st pick in the 2011 draft. Both are great players and I'm watching Quinn tonight just shaking my head. SMH.....Gene Smith trolled us hard.    TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLL GABBERT

Quote:Nobody is forcing you to do anything. In fact, the fan support at Everbank has been quite terrible this year. Yeah, I can understand why. But still, it's been terrible.

Seattle's new regime was competitive in year 2 and had a winning record in year 3.

San Fransisco's new regime won the division year 1

Baltimore's new regime was in the playoffs in year 1

Kansas City is undefeated in year 1

Detroit's regime had them competitive in year 2 and in the playoffs in year 3. (you could argue this is the closest comparison to the Jags)

Indianapolis regime had them in the playoffs year 1

Denver's regime had them in the playoffs year 1 and now has one of the best teams in the league in year 2

Saints year 1 win the division in the playoffs

That's just a few off the top of my head. so yeah the 4 year rebuild days is a bunch of bull, team after team after team has done it, but not a single one of those rebuilds was structured around a blow it up philosophy. They found a QB, and retained/upgraded positions of need along the way.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Who do you blame for the play calling?

The blown cover assignments?

The stupid penalties?

Naming Gabbert as the starting QB?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 11:52 PM by Tommy.)

Quote:Seattle's new regime was competitive in year 2 and had a winning record in year 3.

Detroit's regime had them competitive in year 2 and in the playoffs in year 3. (you could argue this is the closest comparison to the Jags)

Denver's regime had them in the playoffs year 1 and now has one of the best teams in the league in year 2

That's just a few off the top of my head. so yeah the 4 year rebuild days is a bunch of bull, team after team after team has done it, but not a single one of those rebuilds was structured around a blow it up philosophy. They found a QB, and retained/upgraded positions of need along the way.
I fail to see your point with the Seattle rebuild. They did their rebuild pretty much the same exact way we are attempting. They hit and got lucky on their QB. This was explained to you by me and 3 other posters but you still can't seem to wrap your head around it.

San Francisco's success has nothing to do with the current regime. Look at their starting team. Most of the starting players are from the previous regime, who were also in a long-term rebuild. Once again, San Fran found success once Alex Smith finally caught a grasp on how to play in the NFL. The team was massively talented with home grown draft picks before the Harbaugh regime got there. This is common sense.

Bmore's "rebuild", was pretty quick. But, once again, if you look closely you can see a pattern here. They hit on their franchise quarterback. Their defense was already massively talented, also. 

You're really reaching on this one. The previous Cheif regime did an amazing job with their rebuild, but they just couldn't find a quarterback. Andy Reid's regime wasn't even looking to rebuild. The Cheifs are not in a rebuilding mode. They were massively talented on each side of the ball before the Reid regime even got there. Their starters are pretty much the exact same as last year. Why are they undefeated now? Because of 1 position change. Quarterback. Same old same old. 

Detriot's rebuild is very similar to ours. Their roster was so void of talent, that they are still struggling. I don't think Detriot is one of the best teams in the NFL, so I don't really see the correlation between the Lions and the other teams you mentioned. Their defense is horrible, they have no weapons on offense besides Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush (free agency), and Joicque Bell, (if you even consider him a "weapon"). The Lions started playing better in 2011. Why? Matthew Stafford finally started to live up to expectations. It comes back to the Quarterback, once again.

Indianapolis drafted Andrew Luck. I'm not even going to explain this to you, because by now I hope you can see the correlation. 

I don't think John Fox and John Elway were in rebuild mode either. Their defense in 2009 and 2010 were way above average. John Elway complemented that with 3 very impressive drafts and free agent signings, including Quarterback Peyton Manning.  Is this getting any clearer for you?

I know that you realize that these "Rebuilds", (which most of them were not), are centered around the QB. Buty you have to remember these teams had pieces in place also. The Jaguars do not. At all. Gene Smith left this team in such a hole, it is going to take 3-4 years whether you like it or not. The 1-2 year type of rebuild is not an option. We don't have the PIECES to rebuild that way. Caldwell is also very familiar with that type of rebuild from his years in Atlanta, with the drafting of Matt Ryan.

These teams plugged in their QB and found success. The thing is, if we were to have Teddy Bridgewater on our team today, there would be little improvement, if any at all. The team needs talent. And the best way to do it building through the draft. And with the amount of talent we have on this team, (next to none), it's going to take a couple of years. That's just how it is. Try to wrap your head around it.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Seattle's new regime was competitive in year 2 and had a winning record in year 3. This is the best comparison, SEA has a completley new roster like we will in 3 years.

San Fransisco's new regime won the division year 1 The only difference was the coach, the players there were already all pro talents, being held back.

Baltimore's new regime was in the playoffs in year 1 A functional QB here made all the difference to a team that already had a great defense.

Kansas City is undefeated in year 1 Add a functional QB and the offense becomes above average. Add good coaching and the same players as last year become dominant on defense.

Detroit's regime had them competitive in year 2 and in the playoffs in year 3. (you could argue this is the closest comparison to the Jags) Agree this and SEA pretty similar.

Indianapolis regime had them in the playoffs year 1 its technically year 2 because they had to tank to get there, like DET and us.

Denver's regime had them in the playoffs year 1 and now has one of the best teams in the league in year 2 lol they got Manning what do you expect.

Saints year 1 win the division in the playoffs Pro bowl FA QBs arent just lying around every year.

We suck everywhere.  O-line.  D-line.  LBers.  TE.  RB.  QB.  Only area that was really addressed in the offseason was secondary and they're young, but doing fairly well.  With as many holes as there are on this roster, it's going to take 2-3 years to compete for a playoff spot. 

Look at all overpaid dead weight on the roster - Henne, Gabbert, Lewis,  Uche, Mincey, Babin, Branch - you can't replace all of those deadbeats in one offseason. 

All of teh teams with super quick turnarounds had much more talent on the team than we do. Next year will hurt...hopefully a lot less and I think in 2015 is when we start to really notice improvement. 

Quote:The Colts literally caught good Luck.

No they simply avoided winning any meaningless games that would have been detrimental to their draft position in 2011, thats it in a nutshell. 

Quote:No they simply avoided winning any meaningless games that would have been detrimental to their draft position in 2011, thats it in a nutshell. 
They also have the grassy knoll gunman working for them.  And I'm pretty sure the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus had a talk with Curtis Painter before their last game.

Tell me, TMD, do you also believe the government faked the moon landing and that 9/11 was "an inside job?" Because I'm getting a little sick of the lie you keep trying to spread around here.

The Colts have a good bit of talent on their roster.  They had way more the last couple of years than the Jags did and do now.  They nearly gutted their roster, went young and drafted Luck.  Luck is good but not good enough to overcome a large lack of talent.  The Colts didn't end up with Luck by pure accident.

Quote:They also have the grassy knoll gunman working for them.  And I'm pretty sure the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus had a talk with Curtis Painter before their last game.

Tell me, TMD, do you also believe the government faked the moon landing and that 9/11 was "an inside job?" Because I'm getting a little sick of the lie you keep trying to spread around here.

No to the bottom 2. 

but to my Colts opinion? YES. 

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 12:16 PM by carly.)

Quote:Seattle's new regime was competitive in year 2 and had a winning record in year 3.

Saints year 1 win the division in the playoffs

Yup. We don't have ours yet. Do you get it now?

If a] we don't take a QB in the upcoming draft or b] we take a QB and see absolutely no improvement, I have no issues with wanting Dave and Gus to hit the road. 

But almost every quick turnaround you listed above has one thing in common: good quarterback play. 

On Wisconsin.

Quote: 

But almost every quick turnaround you listed above has one thing in common: good quarterback play. 

Slam dunk. 

Quote:Yup. We don't have ours yet. Do you get it now?

If a] we don't take a QB in the upcoming draft or b] we take a QB and see absolutely no improvement, I have no issues with wanting Dave and Gus to hit the road. 

That's why I only have issues with the starting of the rebuild, I'm not calling for Dave's head. I am pointing out that if your goal is to find the QB and be competitive in year 2 you can't afford to have a wasted offseason in year 1. Instead of looking to revamp the secondary last offseason we should've focused on the offensive line and the lack of pass rush both of which we knew where groups of issue.

Quote:That's why I only have issues with the starting of the rebuild, I'm not calling for Dave's head. I am pointing out that if your goal is to find the QB and be competitive in year 2 you can't afford to have a wasted offseason in year 1. Instead of looking to revamp the secondary last offseason we should've focused on the offensive line and the lack of pass rush both of which we knew where groups of issue.
The secondary was THE biggest need last year when it came draft time. Do you not remember who we had back there?

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:I fail to see your point with the Seattle rebuild. They did their rebuild pretty much the same exact way we are attempting. They hit and got lucky on their QB. This was explained to you by me and 3 other posters but you still can't seem to wrap your head around it.

San Francisco's success has nothing to do with the current regime. Look at their starting team. Most of the starting players are from the previous regime, who were also in a long-term rebuild. Once again, San Fran found success once Alex Smith finally caught a grasp on how to play in the NFL. The team was massively talented with home grown draft picks before the Harbaugh regime got there. This is common sense.

Bmore's "rebuild", was pretty quick. But, once again, if you look closely you can see a pattern here. They hit on their franchise quarterback. Their defense was already massively talented, also. 

You're really reaching on this one. The previous Cheif regime did an amazing job with their rebuild, but they just couldn't find a quarterback. Andy Reid's regime wasn't even looking to rebuild. The Cheifs are not in a rebuilding mode. They were massively talented on each side of the ball before the Reid regime even got there. Their starters are pretty much the exact same as last year. Why are they undefeated now? Because of 1 position change. Quarterback. Same old same old. 

Detriot's rebuild is very similar to ours. Their roster was so void of talent, that they are still struggling. I don't think Detriot is one of the best teams in the NFL, so I don't really see the correlation between the Lions and the other teams you mentioned. Their defense is horrible, they have no weapons on offense besides Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush (free agency), and Joicque Bell, (if you even consider him a "weapon"). The Lions started playing better in 2011. Why? Matthew Stafford finally started to live up to expectations. It comes back to the Quarterback, once again.

Indianapolis drafted Andrew Luck. I'm not even going to explain this to you, because by now I hope you can see the correlation. 

I don't think John Fox and John Elway were in rebuild mode either. Their defense in 2009 and 2010 were way above average. John Elway complemented that with 3 very impressive drafts and free agent signings, including Quarterback Peyton Manning.  Is this getting any clearer for you?

I know that you realize that these "Rebuilds", (which most of them were not), are centered around the QB. Buty you have to remember these teams had pieces in place also. The Jaguars do not. At all. Gene Smith left this team in such a hole, it is going to take 3-4 years whether you like it or not. The 1-2 year type of rebuild is not an option. We don't have the PIECES to rebuild that way. Caldwell is also very familiar with that type of rebuild from his years in Atlanta, with the drafting of Matt Ryan.

These teams plugged in their QB and found success. The thing is, if we were to have Teddy Bridgewater on our team today, there would be little improvement, if any at all. The team needs talent. And the best way to do it building through the draft. And with the amount of talent we have on this team, (next to none), it's going to take a couple of years. That's just how it is. Try to wrap your head around it.

whew

that's a lot of excuses why the Jags can't possible do a rebuild in 2 or 3 years.

The entire purpose of pointing out ALL of those teams is to illustrate the absurdity of saying it will take no less then 4 years to field a competitive team. not only is it possible but it should be EXPECTED to be competitive in year 2.

Quote:The secondary was THE biggest need last year when it came draft time. Do you not remember who we had back there?

When it came time for the draft yes, not when David took over. Let me ask you this would you rather have replaced Mester and Rackley or Cox and Landry?