Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 10:06 PM by Joe.)

Quote:I am keeping it in perspective. I didn't think Geno Smith was a franchise QB or worth the #2 overall pick. I didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick. 32 NFL GMs agreed with me. Geno Smith fell to the 2nd round in an insanely weak QB class. One good game against a terrible defense isn't going to make be believe that 32 NFL GMs were wrong.
What I was talking about has nothing to do with what you or I think of Geno Smith.

To say Geno Smith " finally " played good in week 5, im sorry, is dumb.

Do you realize our own top 10 QB hasn't had as impressive game as Geno Smith is having tonight, for the past 3 years, and there were people saying we needed to give him more time?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Peyton Manning had 12 turnovers in his first four games. Guess he wasn't worth a top five pick.

Who is saying that?

My point is that Geno Smith dropped to the 2nd round, in a weak class, for a reason. One good game vs a garbage defense isn't going to make me believe that 32 NFL GMs miss-evaluated Geno.

Quote:What I was talking about has nothing to do with what you or me think of Geno Smith.

To say Geno Smith " finally " played good in week 5, im sorry, is dumb.

Do you realize our own top 10 QB hasn't had as impressive game as Geno Smith is having tonight, for the past 3 years, and there were people saying we needed to give him more time?

Me saying that Geno Smith "finally" played good in week 5 is directly related to the poster saying "see, he is worth a first round pick because he is having a good game". Feel free to argue semantics, though. Such is message boards.

geno carving that falcons def. lol at the falcons. lol mike smith the defensive minded coach. might go to 1-4 hahahaha

Quote:Who is saying that?

My point is that Geno Smith dropped to the 2nd round, in a weak class, for a reason. One good game vs a garbage defense isn't going to make me believe that 32 NFL GMs miss-evaluated Geno.

You act like this never happens. 

On Wisconsin.

Quote:You act like this never happens. 
yeah but i'd rather trust the evaluations of nfl gms than message board posters.

Quote:yeah but i'd rather trust the evaluations of nfl gms than message board posters.

Yes, but how many times can you say "32 NFL GMs" passed on him at least once about a player who actually turned out to be quite good? A lot.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Yes, but how many times can you say "32 NFL GMs" passed on him at least once about a player who actually turned out to be quite good? A lot.

And if Geno continues to play this way, I'll put Geno in that category. If you think one good game is enough to consider Geno Smith worth a 1st round pick, then cool. I need to see more though.

WOW

Quote:Yes, but how many times can you say "32 NFL GMs" passed on him at least once about a player who actually turned out to be quite good? A lot.
and they have hit way more than theyve miss. are we really gonna keep doing this dance?

LOL genos defense gonna fail him

LOL, they are scared of Tony

lol matty ice getting the aaron murray treatment  :teehee:

Lets see what Geno is made of, can he get them in field goal range?

Quote:And if Geno continues to play this way, I'll put Geno in that category. If you think one good game is enough to consider Geno Smith worth a 1st round pick, then cool. I need to see more though.

If that's what you took away from my post, brush up on your reading skills.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:and they have hit way more than theyve miss. are we really gonna keep doing this dance?

We can stop whenever people want to stop pretending that Geno's career was written on draft day.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:If that's what you took away from my post, brush up on your reading skills.
Maybe you should read up on your brushing skills.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:If that's what you took away from my post, brush up on your reading skills.

I comment that we need to keep things in perspective because while Geno looked really impressive tonight, it is still only one game and vs a garbage defense. I think that is a pretty fair analysis.

Do you agree or disagree?

Geno goes into ATL and beats the Falcons.  Not bad at all.

lol mike smith. lol matty ice. lol 1-4.