Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maurice Drew Is Done

Quote: 

IIRC, one of the teams interested was Tampa Bay. 

Right after drafting Doug Martin. That would make sense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:IIRC, one of the teams interested was Tampa Bay and allegedly they were indeed willing to part with a 2nd rounder. 

You're a bright guy, TMD, so I'm certain you know the definition of the word "allegedly".

I think I even remember the thread.  Something to the effect of "the Jags should trade MJD for a 2nd and 4th round pick".  Some of us said never, some argued a higher pick, and some, including me, said they'd take it but it would never happen.

Which is why it never happened.

Quote:Right after drafting Doug Martin. That would make sense.

right, because in hindsight they obviously knew they had a 1000 yard rusher at the time..... :confused: 

Quote:right, because in hindsight they obviously knew they had a 1000 yard rusher at the time..... :confused:

They take a running back in the first round and then trade a second rounder for a running back holding out for a new contract?

He just came off of a major injury and hasn't gotten many reps. He said in a press conference he is still feeling the effects of not running for months.

Another delightful thread, from yours truly.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 11:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:They take a running back in the first round and then trade a second rounder for a running back holding out for a new contract?

Yeah, it doesn't sound right, tbh..

Maybe I'm confusing the MoJo 2nd round trade offer from Tampa with the 2nd round Tampa offer for Garrard back in the 2005-2007 era... 

That said, the rumors were there, and I remember the posts/ articles at the time of MoJo's holdout citing teams that were interested/ reported offers of a 2nd round selection

I agree that MJD lacks his normal burst and is probably done as an elite back in this league.

I also agree that TMD is a blatant, pathetic attention whore who starts threads featuring 'dissenting opinions' in order to work the 'fanboys' into a frenzie, and thus assure himself more replies from the board members that he LOLs @.

Sad. Pathetic. Predictable.

I've seen this episode 1000+ times.

Quote:I agree that MJD lacks his normal burst and is probably done as an elite back in this league.

I also agree that TMD is a blatant, pathetic attention whore who starts threads featuring 'dissenting opinions' in order to work the 'fanboys' into a frenzie, and thus assure himself more replies from the board members that he LOLs @.

Sad. Pathetic. Predictable.

I've seen this episode 1000+ times.
It's like a game.

I bet he has 3-4 accounts on this board also.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Yeah, it doesn't sound right, tbh..

Maybe I'm confusing the MoJo 2nd round trade offer from Tampa with the 2nd round Tampa offer for Garrard back in the 2005-2007 era... 

That said, the rumors were there, and I remember the posts/ articles at the time of MoJo's holdout citing teams that were interested/ reported offers of a 2nd round selection
Link?

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:I agree that MJD lacks his normal burst and is probably done as an elite back in this league.

the only thing in your post that stayed on topic

Quote:the only thing in your post that stayed on topic

What did I say in my post that was untrue?

That's what I thought.

Barring the miraculous we should just cut our losses with MJD and probably Marcedes too. I would expect outside of Shorts Blackmon Monroe and Joekel we will see an entirely different looking offense. 

No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 11:54 PM by Tommy.)

Quote:Barring the miraculous we should just cut our losses with MJD and probably Marcedes too. I would expect outside of Shorts Blackmon Monroe and Joekel we will see an entirely different looking offense. 
Yes, and outside of Mercedes, we have... Allen Reisner. What an impact he's made.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I am a big MJD fan. Now there isn't much of running room here lately. Very few holes,and the one time he uses a CB as a block to Woodson ,Charles Woodson flew over the CB to clothesline MJD! Who knew that was gonna happen? MJD looks like he is in fantastic shape atm. Having said that, if he is up on the block,and he is a puzzle piece to the playoffs for another team. Why not make a trade. His stock is as high as it's gonna go and he still has that Mojo factor.

[Image: 1aaimjaguarprowlingsig5yh.jpg]</DIV>
;

;
<DIV>LET IT BE KNOWN...WE CAME TO OWN!!

It's gonna take some time for mjd to get close to his old self.. I see him getting back to form midway point of season...Done... No way.. This off season he could not get into the shape he is used too due to the ankle..as for next year .. I see him 10 pounds smaller & New team Broncos Packers & Pats as possible destinations
Cali got the Oranges ..Jacksonville got the Drew !!

I hope MJD proves us wrong, but I am afraid his best days are behind him.  I miss the old MJD and the way he ran, he ran with so much heart and power!

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2013, 03:03 AM by Banatha.)

Nevermind

Quote:Uh...the eye test. 

If you cannot easily see that this is a tired (as in tread on the tires) RB out there, you're blind,

We all have had to suffer thought your "eye test" before... the QB's you bombarded the board with and blasted the Jags FO for not drafting...a bunch of them never made a dent in the NFL...what about the players you had listed in your signature,  if drafted by the Jags, was the road to the Super Bowl... we suffered thought so many "eye test" from you that you made my eyes hurt trying to read through a thread...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:Yeah, it doesn't sound right, tbh..

I thought you were 100% sure... This is why you back up claims with factual information. I remember you called out Blaine Gabbert when it was actually Henne an you swore it was Gabbert... Point is, you have been wrong about things you knew to be true in the past without backing it up so it seems logical people would be hesitant to believe you when you say "trust me". If you are going to make a bold claim, then back it up. Don't be lazy.

Quote:Jags could have easily gotten a 2nd rounder, minimum for MoJo 2 years ago.....and should have taken it. 
That observation is only relevant if you think Gene Smith could have done something with it.