Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talk about the Season Opener

Regardless of how this environment plays out with the crowd, refs, etc., I have not been as confident in a Jags win as I am right now. I really think we have the advantage at every position aside from DE/LB. This is not a good matchup for the Texans. I've been burned before but this just feels different. Here's to no beer throwing before halftime!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-07-2017, 12:09 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 11:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Texans have a weak interior D. I loved the way LF ran in his debut. He is a punisher. If we can punish their interior while taking Watt and Clowney out of the game, we can win. But people have to understand. The entire NFL and the Refs will be against the Jaguars in this matchup. It is nearly impossible to overcome. This is not a conspiracy, simply a fact.

True. EVERYONE AND THEIR MAMA IS AGAISNT THE JAGS THIS WEEK.

But JJ Watt will come out like he is John Wick and u killed his wife. 

I dont care what lageman says. RUN THE BALL RIGHT AT HIM.

Agreed.  You pound him with the run and snuff out the emotional aspect of the game.  He and the Texans will come out with a head of steam in the opener following Harvey.  Weather that initial burst, and it could be a good game.  It won't be a shootout, that's for sure.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-07-2017, 12:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 12:09 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: True. EVERYONE AND THEIR MAMA IS AGAISNT THE JAGS THIS WEEK.

If we can establish the run, we can use that to set up some short passes. I have seen nothing to make me believe there will be any long passes completed. Tom Savage is absolute trash, so as long as he has a long field, I have no doubts we can force him into some mistakes. I am more worried about abandoning the game plan, and their defense getting a pick 6 or some sack, fumble, TD return.

I say control it with 904nette. Tell him before the game, "hey, you are getting the ball at least once every 4 downs. And twice if its anything and short." That takes all pressure off of BK5.

(09-07-2017, 01:46 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 12:09 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: True. EVERYONE AND THEIR MAMA IS AGAISNT THE JAGS THIS WEEK.

Agreed.  You pound him with the run and snuff out the emotional aspect of the game.  He and the Texans will come out with a head of steam in the opener following Harvey.  Weather that initial burst, and it could be a good game.  It won't be a shootout, that's for sure.

yea, we gotta slowly take the air out of them.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I just don't understand how everyone is automatically assuming that Watt is going to be the same player that he was.

I guess we'll see.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

And Jadeveon Clowney is a model of consistency...  Rolleyes

(09-07-2017, 08:17 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 11:33 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Exactly. The NFL is run like a soap opera. Like does anyone really believe Zeke playing week one makes sense because of it being a day later ruling because of Labor Day? If so I got a bridge to sell you.

The refs missed 16 penalties in our opener against Green Bay. If you think the lowly Jags are gonna be allowed to win this game you're crazy. It's over already.
If you truly believe this then why in the hell would you even watch or follow the NFL. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you like soap operas? Just curious.

I know for me the second it became clear of the fraud and fight rigging in professional boxing I ceased to watch and have not since.

I don't know. I mean why have we all watched the Jags knowingly going to lose games with Gabbert or Bradley steering the ship. Maybe we're all crazy

(09-07-2017, 04:51 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I don't know. I mean why have we all watched the Jags knowingly going to lose games with Gabbert or Bradley steering the ship. Maybe we're all crazy

Of this, there is no doubt!! Big Grin
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Don't allow the Houston Defense to win the game or at least minimize their impact.

(09-05-2017, 12:22 AM)SuperJville Wrote: I think the Texans are going to kill us personally.

(09-07-2017, 11:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Texans have a weak interior D. I loved the way LF ran in his debut. He is a punisher. If we can punish their interior while taking Watt and Clowney out of the game, we can win. But people have to understand. The entire NFL and the Refs will be against the Jaguars in this matchup. It is nearly impossible to overcome. This is not a conspiracy, simply a fact.

It is 100% conspiracy if you are making stuff up to fit your agenda

The game will open with the crowd in a frenzy. Nothing brings a community together like a tragic event. The Jags will play the role of the villain, upon whom the heroes ( especially Watt) will take out their pent up anger and frustration. Emotions favor defenses, and Houston's defense will smother the Jags, at least for a quarter or two.meanwhile, neither offense will gain much traction, and I expect a low scoring first half, perhaps 10-3 Houston. We'll see a bit more offense in the second half, but the Texans will be slightly more productive, pulling out a 23-9 victory.

Oh no, it's a white-out!! LOL
http://www.houstontexans.com/

This is getting so overhyped. Hopefully, the Jags go into this just playing heads up football and beat em up a bit to deflate all this nonsense. You'd think they were Super Bowl Champs. Turn those white red guys!!

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 11:13 AM by Jagwired.)

(09-08-2017, 11:10 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Oh no, it's a white-out!! LOL

This is getting so overhyped. Hopefully, the Jags go into this just playing heads up football and beat em up a bit to deflate all this nonsense. You'd think they were Super Bowl Champs. Turn those white red guys!!

Whats green and white and flops around like a flounder out of the water?

Savage, after Calais pancakes him!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

After watching the Chiefs last night play in what was apparently the loudest Gilette has ever been, I gained a glimmer of hope. Just need someone to make a big play. Berry with the big stop on 4th down last night set them up. Need Blake to make smart decisions (terrified of this) and we need to run the ball.

(09-08-2017, 10:37 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: The game will open with the crowd in a frenzy. Nothing brings a community together like a tragic event. The Jags will play the role of the villain, upon whom the heroes ( especially Watt) will take out their pent up anger and frustration. Emotions favor defenses, and Houston's defense will smother the Jags, at least for a quarter or two.meanwhile, neither offense will gain much traction, and I expect a low scoring first half, perhaps 10-3 Houston. We'll see a bit more offense in the second half, but the Texans will be slightly more productive, pulling out a 23-9 victory.
How is that team scoring 23 points with a guy who has yet to throw an NFL td pass and an offense that averaged 17 points a game last year? Also, that scary defense has fewer sacks, fewer tackles for losses, and less forced fumbles than the Jags! Don't get me wrong, their defensive front can change games, but they shouldn't be on this pedestal and assumed unbeatable. If the Jags don't fall for the hype, I see this being a lopsided victory in the Jags favor, not the texans.

(09-08-2017, 11:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 10:37 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: The game will open with the crowd in a frenzy. Nothing brings a community together like a tragic event. The Jags will play the role of the villain, upon whom the heroes ( especially Watt) will take out their pent up anger and frustration. Emotions favor defenses, and Houston's defense will smother the Jags, at least for a quarter or two.meanwhile, neither offense will gain much traction, and I expect a low scoring first half, perhaps 10-3 Houston. We'll see a bit more offense in the second half, but the Texans will be slightly more productive, pulling out a 23-9 victory.
How is that team scoring 23 points with a guy who has yet to throw an NFL td pass and an offense that averaged 17 points a game last year? Also, that scary defense has fewer sacks, fewer tackles for losses, and less forced fumbles than the Jags! Don't get me wrong, their defensive front can change games, but they shouldn't be on this pedestal and assumed unbeatable. If the Jags don't fall for the hype, I see this being a lopsided victory in the Jags favor, not the texans.
I was wondering this exact same thing...

(09-08-2017, 11:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
It's almost like you've never watched a Jags game before.

(09-08-2017, 11:28 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 11:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote: How is that team scoring 23 points with a guy who has yet to throw an NFL td pass and an offense that averaged 17 points a game last year? Also, that scary defense has fewer sacks, fewer tackles for losses, and less forced fumbles than the Jags! Don't get me wrong, their defensive front can change games, but they shouldn't be on this pedestal and assumed unbeatable. If the Jags don't fall for the hype, I see this being a lopsided victory in the Jags favor, not the texans.
It's almost like you've never watched a Jags game before.
Hahaha, good one! :-| New season buddy. Why waste your time on this message board or watch games if you constantly believe things won't improve? Seems like a waste of time. I promise you won't hurt anyones feelings if ya leave to root for the pats or steelers.

(09-07-2017, 02:04 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 12:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If we can establish the run, we can use that to set up some short passes. I have seen nothing to make me believe there will be any long passes completed. Tom Savage is absolute trash, so as long as he has a long field, I have no doubts we can force him into some mistakes. I am more worried about abandoning the game plan, and their defense getting a pick 6 or some sack, fumble, TD return.

I say control it with 904nette. Tell him before the game, "hey, you are getting the ball at least once every 4 downs. And twice if its anything and short." That takes all pressure off of BK5.

Well you need a 321-0-line first.

(09-05-2017, 12:22 AM)SuperJville Wrote: I think the Texans are going to kill us personally.

Total nonsense. Emotions favor the whole team. If Houston's defense smothers the Jaguars, it will be because our OL is no match for their DL.

(09-08-2017, 11:10 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Oh no, it's a white-out!! LOL

FYI every home opener for the Texans is Liberty White Out.