Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Re-sign Marqise Lee

So we aren’t allowed to look at the first 2 years of Hurns career?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2018, 04:57 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I suspect Hurns will also be retained. I would also be good with that.

Agree

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 06:08 PM by Predator.)

(03-13-2018, 05:41 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 05:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: Wait, do you think Lee has been more productive and valuable as a Jaguar so far?  

And Moncrief is legitimately a worse receiver than Hurns + Lee.   

Hurns's contract is too big, hence the need for a restructure or release. Very simple stuff.

As I clearly illustrated, Lee has proven to be the more productive and valuable WR the last two seasons.  It's why he got the contract.

On the other hand, Hurns has done nothing but decline since his contract.  If you can't see Hurns best days are behind him and he's likely on the way out because of that, I can only guess that you're a "U" fan.  Logically, there's no other explanation.  Cole is better and took his job.

If you're just going to troll and not base your arguments in reality, we've got nothing more to discuss.  You've yet to successfully rebut a single point I've made, anyway.  But continue on... odd hill to choose to die on.  Again, unless you see the world through Miami Hurricane colored glasses, I suppose.

I don't know if his best days are behind him, but you definitely don't want to leave your roster with him being the only truly experienced veteran WR that has had any significant time working with your QB.

(03-13-2018, 05:58 PM)rufftime Wrote: So we aren’t allowed to look at the first 2 years of Hurns career?

Hurns obviously hasn't been over the past two seasons.

(03-13-2018, 05:58 PM)rufftime Wrote: So we aren’t allowed to look at the first 2 years of Hurns career?

Sure you can. You'd just be wise to look a bit harder at the more recent years and weigh them heavily.

Signed Norwell, Crief and Lee..... but it would have been breaking the bank to pay ARob?

I’m not saying I would have kept ARob but so many people complained about the salary cap for future guys. Now it’s suddenly ok?

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 06:21 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

Good grief. Some of you clearly like to argue just for the sake of it. Hurns may be able to bounce back, but you don't pay someone for what they did two years ago. Especially when he already got paid for what he did two years ago. His last two seasons say resoundingly he isn't worth $7 mil right now. If he wants to play on a 1 year prove it deal for $3 or 4 mil, fine. But I think that ship has sailed here with the Lee and Moncrief signings.

I trust wide receiver coach Keenan McCardell will get the best out of all of our WRs.  These guys can't lay around here like sofas any more.

(03-13-2018, 06:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Signed Norwell, Crief and Lee..... but it would have been breaking the bank to pay ARob?

I’m not saying I would have kept ARob but so many people complained about the salary cap for future guys. Now it’s suddenly ok?

I think Robinson not getting done was more than just money.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-13-2018, 06:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Signed Norwell, Crief and Lee..... but it would have been breaking the bank to pay ARob?

It appears we were wrong lol

So it must be they had a number they weren’t going over. That’s fine too. Nobody is here to draw a line in the sand. It’s  okay to be wrong once you see it play out.

(03-13-2018, 06:20 PM)Achilles Wrote:

I think Robinson not getting done was more than just money.
Most likely. Considering the Jags are just throwing money around lol

I just never understood the “BUT HOW WILL WE PAY JALEN AND YAN AND JACK!” Crowd.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 06:25 PM by JackCity.)

(03-13-2018, 05:41 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 05:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: Wait, do you think Lee has been more productive and valuable as a Jaguar so far?  

And Moncrief is legitimately a worse receiver than Hurns + Lee.   

Hurns's contract is too big, hence the need for a restructure or release. Very simple stuff.

As I clearly illustrated, Lee has proven to be the more productive and valuable WR the last two seasons.  It's why he got the contract.

On the other hand, Hurns has done nothing but decline since his contract.  If you can't see Hurns best days are behind him and he's likely on the way out because of that, I can only guess that you're a "U" fan.  Logically, there's no other explanation.  Cole is better and took his job.

If you're just going to troll and not base your arguments in reality, we've got nothing more to discuss.  You've yet to successfully rebut a single point I've made, anyway.  But continue on... odd hill to choose to die on.  Again, unless you see the world through Miami Hurricane colored glasses, I suppose.

I was providing context on the difference in production between Lee and Hurns over the last two years.  You seemed to forget Hurns was injured , he wasn't "phased" out like you implied. Looking at the larger sample of their whole career here in Jacksonville I believe Hurns adds more to the team.

I don't mind if you personally value Lee more. I personally value Hurns more, even if his contract is too big and will likely be on the way out or at a reduced rate. 

I don't agree that Moncrief is better either.

And I would 100% be in favour of cutting Hurns or getting him on a reduced deal.

(03-13-2018, 06:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:20 PM)Achilles Wrote: I think Robinson not getting done was more than just money.
Most likely. Considering the Jags are just throwing money around lol

I just never understood the “BUT HOW WILL WE PAY JALEN AND YAN AND JACK!” Crowd.

The front office has a plan I'm sure. We all know some older vets that start to hit the wrong side of the slope will get cut and that'll free up space.

The team isn't going to let a core guy walk. They'll definitely do what needs to be done.

Norwell for me was easily priority over arob. As we saw with our players last year, it's easier to have a rookie wr make an impact than a rookie OL, so I'm happy we locked down norwell first. 

I really like the way this team is being built.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Cap should be ok for now. We had $26 mil before the league increase; so should have been $36 mil +/-. We still are good. I think.... lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 06:44 PM by jagforlife85.)

Marqise Lee is VASTLY underrated by most members on this board, some of you are claiming he's our 4th/5th best receiver? My goodness, sure he's had his problems with drops but fact is he get's OPEN, he's explosive in and out of his breaks and is a YAC machine. He can play inside and outside, his skill-set is perfect for Nathaniel Hackett's system (a variation of the West Coast system). Marqise Lee is a good #2 receiver and was paid as such, it's essentially a 3 year $18M deal, I'm happy he's back with Jags because I believe his best days are ahead of him.

(03-13-2018, 05:58 PM)Predator Wrote: It says max value of 38 mil. That means it's an incentive laden contract. He only gets paid that amount if he performs.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with this contract if Lee goes out there and performs next season.

I mean, this right here.

He's getting paid $4.5mil per year if he sucks. If he hits the incentives yo reach $38mil, I would imagine we'd all feel it was worth it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-13-2018, 06:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 05:58 PM)Predator Wrote: It says max value of 38 mil. That means it's an incentive laden contract. He only gets paid that amount if he performs.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with this contract if Lee goes out there and performs next season.

I mean, this right here.

He's getting paid $4.5mil per year if he sucks. If he hits the incentives yo reach $38mil, I would imagine we'd all feel it was worth it.

4.5M per? Can you share the source you have that shows his contract break down?

(03-13-2018, 06:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

I mean, this right here.

Yeah where did you see this?

(03-13-2018, 08:09 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I mean, this right here.

4.5M per? Can you share the source you have that shows his contract break down?
He’s basically dividing his guaranteed money by 4.

But that’s not how the contract works lol

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 09:31 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

Marqise Lee signed a 4 year, $38,000,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including $18,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,500,000. In 2018, Lee will earn, while carrying a cap hit of .

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-...lee-14448/

Four year deal.

Let that sink in for a while.

(03-13-2018, 09:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:09 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: 4.5M per? Can you share the source you have that shows his contract break down?
He’s basically dividing his guaranteed money by 4.

But that’s not how the contract works lol

You're right. And while you're also right about that not being how it works, you also can't just take 38 and divide it by 4 either because there are incentives in that 38.

Essentially my point was, if he's doing enough to earn all $38mil, we probably won't be complaining about him and if he's not performing to that level, he won't be making the $38.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS