Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Seferian Jenkins plans to visit the Jags

Oh [BLEEP] we got him!!!!! amazing.]

Let Lewis teach him the dark arts of blocking and we're cooking. Rare athlete.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is he adequate as a blocker? He's 6'6" and pretty bulky, he should be

(03-15-2018, 04:54 PM)JNev Wrote: Is he adequate as a blocker? He's 6'6" and pretty bulky, he should be

He's got plenty of strength and length but can be quite sloppy blocking technique wise. As I said Lewis should help with that. There are some plays where can easily hold his own on the edge which is very promising.

I like Schultz to take over for Lewis as our more inline TE, but if ASJ can improve his blocking too, all the better. Still, his athleticism is his biggest virtue, hopefully we put it to good use.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 05:06 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

4.56 40 yard dash. Finally we have a "move" TE (pre-draft). I get a feeling he will become a favorite of Hackett and Bortles.

(03-15-2018, 04:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Oh [BLEEP] we got him!!!!! amazing.]  

Let Lewis teach him the dark arts of blocking and we're cooking. Rare athlete.

I LOVE it!   Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I can smell what Dave is cooking, and I like it!
[Image: anigif_sub-buzz-2702-1490308241-1.gif]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Nice, he was an elite TE prospect coming out that a lot of us wanted. He is finally clean and its showing on the field. Huge pickup

TE Luke Willson still scheduled to visit tomorrow

It's like Dave is playing Madden franchise mode and everyone else is playing checkers...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-15-2018, 06:10 PM)Dimson Wrote: It's like Dave is playing Madden franchise mode and everyone else is playing checkers...

I was thinking it is like Tony got ahold of his Dad’s credit card and went overboard.   He’s going to be grounded.

(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This signing doesn't change anything for that #29 pick.. It's a 2 year deal. TEs typically don't set the league on fire in their rookie year as well. TE and G are still at the top of the list for that #29 pick.

I agree it doesn't really change our need for a TE, but it does sort of give us some insurance at the position. I'm now very confident we'll be able to get one of the top TEs in the 2nd round... possibly even Hurst.

(03-15-2018, 04:40 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: This signing doesn't change anything for that #29 pick.. It's a 2 year deal. TEs typically don't set the league on fire in their rookie year as well. TE and G are still at the top of the list for that #29 pick.

I mean... can we realistically carry 4 TE's on the roster?

Most teams carry 4... some even carry 5.
'02

(03-15-2018, 06:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

I agree it doesn't really change our need for a TE, but it does sort of give us some insurance at the position. I'm now very confident we'll be able to get one of the top TEs in the 2nd round... possibly even Hurst. 
This FA class has officially set us up to truly go BPA. If a top TE or G are there, you take them, but we don't have to force it now. Very good position to be in.

(03-15-2018, 02:33 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 02:31 PM)Inziladun Wrote: It's all speculation but think about it for a second. There's really only two possibilities here, Either Jaguars low-balled him and he decided to cash in somewhere else and the Front Office let it happen, or A-Rob got an offer and didn't entertain it or realistically counter it.

I'm leaning towards the later based on what we saw the Jags do after he signed with the Bears, retain Lee and Bring in Moncrief. I suppose there's an additional third possibility that his injury is worse than is expected but there's even less evidence of that.

I think it's much more likely we low balled him, probably offered him the same sort of deal Marqise took. If we were willing to go near what the Bears did we would have franchise tagged him or at least transition tagged him, which was a lower number than the 14 AAV he got.

If low balling is trying to pay a guy like he is coming off a down year followed by an ACL then I'm all for it.

(03-15-2018, 06:57 PM)Predator Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 02:33 PM)Upper Wrote: I think it's much more likely we low balled him, probably offered him the same sort of deal Marqise took. If we were willing to go near what the Bears did we would have franchise tagged him or at least transition tagged him, which was a lower number than the 14 AAV he got.

If low balling is trying to pay a guy like he is coming off a down year followed by an ACL then I'm all for it.

I see it as a money decision. My guess is the Jaguars offered him a one-year prove it deal worth $12 mil, which is kind of a slap in the face knowing that players typically have a down year their first year back from an ACL. The Bears gave a 3-year deal at $14 mil per which places him squarely among the top 10 WRs. That's not a hard decision to make. 
'02

Does he not get thrown to often? 350 yards receiving is his career high for a season.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 07:11 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Lots of people are crediting DAve but I smell Coughlin all over this.

Coughlin spends to the cap and I agree with that. Looks like the team is going for a serious Superbowl push for 2018.

I can see them taking a first round QB for two reasons. 1. To groom behind blake and 2. To push blake and be an insurance plan.

I see he has 50 catches but for only 350 yards. People are super pumped but don't know why.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-15-2018, 06:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 06:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I agree it doesn't really change our need for a TE, but it does sort of give us some insurance at the position. I'm now very confident we'll be able to get one of the top TEs in the 2nd round... possibly even Hurst. 
This FA class has officially set us up to truly go BPA. If a top TE or G are there, you take them, but we don't have to force it now. Very good position to be in.

If Goedert is there, I'll take him at #29. Otherwise, I'm thinking they still get one at the end of round two. It's actually my prediction that Hurst falls to that spot and the Jaguars take him there. If he's gone though I'm sure Andrews or Schultz will be there. Schultz might even be there in round three.
'02

(03-14-2018, 01:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He screwed me over 2 years ago in Fantasy Football.

I will never forgive him.

Signed with the Jags ??  Ok .... FORGIVEN !!   I LOVE THIS GUY !!

It's a pretty solid gamble. The kid is a rare athlete and if he takes the next step it's suddenly a hell of a signing.