Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where are Lamar Jackson haters now?

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 11:51 PM by jaglyn.)

This Ravens team is scary good

I can only imagine how satisfying it would be to have a team this dominant

And Marcus Peters picks off Goff

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"Lamar is a running QB. Won't last!"

Dude has the most TD passes from the pocket this season.

Shame we didnt draft him. Although I still think he is a snapped knee away from turning into RG3.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 12:27 AM by Caldrac.)

(11-20-2019, 09:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 02:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Jackson is fun to watch but hear me now and believe me later. At some point he's going to take the wrong angle or cut on one of those run plays and he's going to get his [BLEEP] lit up for it. It only works for so long in the NFL. He's played pretty damn good. But as they get closer and closer towards the end of December and the weather starts to stiffen up more he's going to be prone to some shots.

Yeah and we never see pocket QBs get hurt. Oh wait...
Pocket passers don't average 13+ carries a game. He's doing both. Which increases his risk that much more. It'll catch up to him. And it's going to suck when it does.

This 49ers Vs. Ravens game coming up is a must see though. This is potentially your Superbowl match up preview.

I hope everyone makes it out of there healthy because both defenses have a solid approach this year. And they're both about as fast and physical as they come.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2019, 12:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 09:20 AM)Upper Wrote: Yeah and we never see pocket QBs get hurt. Oh wait...
Pocket passers don't average 13+ carries a game. He's doing both. Which increases his risk that much more. It'll catch up to him. And it's going to suck when it does.

This 49ers Vs. Ravens game coming up is a must see though. This is potentially your Superbowl match up preview.

I hope everyone makes it out of there healthy because both defenses have a solid approach this year. And they're both about as fast and physical as they come.

Almost everyone gets hurt. This is football. People who say stuff like this are just tryna say "I told you so" when they've already been proven wrong.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019, 03:07 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-28-2019, 02:58 PM)jg77 Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 12:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Pocket passers don't average 13+ carries a game. He's doing both. Which increases his risk that much more. It'll catch up to him. And it's going to suck when it does.

Almost everyone gets hurt. This is football. People who say stuff like this are just tryna say "I told you so" when they've already been proven wrong.

Sure, sure. If you say so. There's been plenty of iron man awards given out in this sport any many others for years at many different positions. That's including during different eras where football was still football and people were getting their clocks cleaned on a weekly basis.

Has nothing to do with saying "I told you so". It has everything to do with history having a history of repeating itself. QB's with running abilities are brave and prone to injury. How is that a false statement? And how has anyone been proven wrong? Let alone me? 

"Almost everyone gets hurt". Agreed. Especially QB's that run more than 10 times per game whether by design or by seeing an opening. It's really. . . common sense. 

[Image: source.gif]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I like Jackson, and so far, it appears I was wrong about him. Really wrong.

I’ll see what happens next year before I say jump on this bandwagon, however.

He's exciting right now. But once he gets a bum wheel, and he will, can he be a quality passing qb? We don't know. But let's enjoy the highlights while they last.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

His passing stats are still dang good could be better obviously if he ran less.
214-322
66.5%
7.9 ypa
25 td
5 int
No Fun

(12-05-2019, 03:20 AM)nhiverson Wrote: His passing stats are still dang good could be better obviously if he ran less.
214-322
66.5%
7.9 ypa
25 td
5 int

One thing to keep in mind is that his running threat opens up his receivers.  If his running is no longer as big a threat, is he capable of getting to his 3rd read?  I'm not saying he isn't.  I just don't know.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

#Ravens OC Greg Roman about protecting Lamar Jackson: "Mobile quarterbacks are so much safer when they're out in space 'driving the car' as opposed to standing in the pocket, hoping that nothing surprises them. Lamar does a really good job being safe."

(12-13-2019, 12:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: #Ravens OC Greg Roman about protecting Lamar Jackson: "Mobile quarterbacks are so much safer when they're out in space 'driving the car' as opposed to standing in the pocket, hoping that nothing surprises them. Lamar does a really good job being safe."

It's good to see him figuring it out with Roman. He's a great football player. Certainly should be the runaway MVP this year. We'll see if defenses can figure him out in the play-off's soon enough though. This is the first time in a long time that I have been excited to watch these potential play-off games. Outside of our run in 2017 of course. . .

(12-13-2019, 01:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 12:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: #Ravens OC Greg Roman about protecting Lamar Jackson: "Mobile quarterbacks are so much safer when they're out in space 'driving the car' as opposed to standing in the pocket, hoping that nothing surprises them. Lamar does a really good job being safe."

It's good to see him figuring it out with Roman. He's a great football player. Certainly should be the runaway MVP this year. We'll see if defenses can figure him out in the play-off's soon enough though. This is the first time in a long time that I have been excited to watch these potential play-off games. Outside of our run in 2017 of course. . .
AFC: Chiefs Ravens Pats. Should be exciting.

NFC: Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, Vikings.... this is going to be insanely fun to watch.

If we were to somehow snag up Jalen Hurts in round 3 or something, with Greg Roman as HC (and de facto OC) I'd feel pretty good about our short term future.
Still don't think these running QBs can have 10 year careers but as has been pointed out before. If you can be really good for 5 years and get a championship out of it. Most franchises and fans would take it.

Ravens have 12 Pro Bowl players, tied for the most ever

*bump*

Take away the run and then what?
Dude had a helluva season... but didn't look great when it mattered.

12 points.
52% comp
1 TD 2 INTs
63 Rating

(01-14-2020, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote: *bump*

12 points.
52% comp
1 TD 2 INTs
63 Rating
Ah yes. 1 game takes away the previous 16 where he torched people.

Manning was 0-3 to start his playoff career. Same with Brees. 

Does Lamar have things to work on? For sure. But he's 23 years old and it wasn't just him on Saturday, it was the whole team. Drops, OLine play (which had been stellar all year), defensive miscues and just poor execution all around.

(01-14-2020, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote: *bump*

12 points.
52% comp
1 TD 2 INTs
63 Rating
Ah yes. 1 game takes away the previous 16 where he torched people.

Does Lamar have things to work on? For sure. But he's 23 years old and it wasn't just him on Saturday, it was the whole team. Drops, OLine play (which had been stellar all year), defensive miscues and just poor execution all around.

Manning and Brees are not really valid comparisons.  Both are pocket passers.  

I'm not saying that Saturday was any indication of his future and I'm not taking anything away from his fantastic year.  But he didn't look very good when he was forced to play in the pocket and pass only.   

This is my concern with any run centric quarterback.  Historically, they haven't been very good when the run is taken away as a weapon.  

As I've said many times...we'll see how it plays out over the next few years.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-14-2020, 02:37 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Ah yes. 1 game takes away the previous 16 where he torched people.

Manning and Brees are not really valid comparisons.  Both are pocket passers.  

I'm not saying that Saturday was any indication of his future and I'm not taking anything away from his fantastic year.  But he didn't look very good when he was forced to play in the pocket and pass only.   

This is my concern with any run centric quarterback.  Historically, they haven't been very good when the run is taken away as a weapon.  

As I've said many times...we'll see how it plays out over the next few years.
The comparison is valid because if we are judging QBs solely on their playoff experience and not their full season, let's at least be fair.

And Jackson didn't look good but I also think that was a team as a whole. They got down and the whole team was shook. Chiefs got down 24-0 and their team didn't stop fighting. I think the game was just so weird for the Ravens and they never recovered.