Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where are Lamar Jackson haters now?

There were a few of us who wanted Jackson but of course "Bortles just took us to the AFC championship...."

Fins are garbage but still...

First we pass on Mahomes and then we pass on Jackson.... But but but Caldwell is a genius...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Still here. They were playing the worst team in the NFL that is intentionally tanking.

did he throw 1 contested pass? The WR were wide open. Looked like when Bortles had the 5 TDs 0 Ints against Bal

(09-08-2019, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: did he throw 1 contested pass?  The WR were wide open.  Looked like when Bortles had the 5 TDs 0 Ints against Bal

Aren't you a Josh Allen fan?

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 10:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-08-2019, 08:59 PM)roycee Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: did he throw 1 contested pass?  The WR were wide open.  Looked like when Bortles had the 5 TDs 0 Ints against Bal

A fan? Not really

(09-08-2019, 08:59 PM)roycee Wrote:

Im a Masom Rudolph fan.  Still think we should of taken him instead of Chark.  Although Chark had a great game today

(09-08-2019, 08:18 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: There were a few of us who wanted Jackson but of course "Bortles just took us to the AFC championship...."

Fins are garbage but still...

First we pass on Mahomes and then we pass on Jackson.... But but but Caldwell is a genius...

Stop being a crybaby please
[Image: giphy.gif]

I am here! Still a Hater.

Dolphins...thats all.

NFL sucks.

I was, and am, one of Ljax's biggest fans...but one week against probably the worst team in the league is not the time to do this.

Fun performance but yeah need to see Vs other opponents.

I'm still extremely confident he'll prove the naysayers wrong in here though

Didn't hate the kid to begin with. I loved him at Louisville. Knocked him a bit on his accuracy but also defended him quite a few times in a few games where his receivers were dropping dimes or TD's on him. My concern was his durability at this level.

I liked him coming out of college. Just knew they weren't going to take him at that time during the draft. At any rate. He did blowout a terrible Miami Dolphins team yesterday. That's not to discredit him as a 2nd year player. It's just to say that the Dolphins are that terrible and are probably looking at the No. 1 overall pick in next year's draft.

If he does this again or something similar to this performance over the next four weeks then you may have a case.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Harbs (the other one) played his guys some in the preseason, and it showed. They were tuned up and ready to run.

as for Lamar, not sold, but happy to eat words if he keeps this up for a stretch of games.

Well wait and see is probably a better way to go instead of crowing about one game... Remember how all BB5 haters were getting taken to task after last year's New England performance? Yeah that ended right where we all thought it would. Congratulations if he build on it and improves. Honestly if you really like him, you wouldn't have wanted him to be a Jaguar. This team would get zero out of him.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It's not one game, he had a decent rookie season too.

Jackson>>>>>>>Bortles, was a better pick than Taven Bryan and has the potential to be better than Foles

Too early to say that the Dolphins are the worse team in the league.   You know the Ravens could just be that good.  And the throws that Jackson made were on the dime...Bortles couldn't do that.  We definitely missed out on Lamar Jacksonville.  I thought pairing him with Fournette would've been perfect.

If he does this consistently the next few weeks I may become a believer.

They barely beat the Cardinals though. And beat up on a poor Dolphins team

(09-16-2019, 10:29 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: If he does this consistently the next few weeks I may become a believer.

They barely beat the Cardinals though. And beat up on a poor Dolphins team

He isn't going to do this consistently. But he'll still be more than good enough to be an NFL QB.

You know....that thing that lots of members on this board swore he would never be.

I was certainly never a hater of Jackson. But I didn't rank him highly among that draft class.

I had them:

Mayfield
Allen
Darnold
Rosen
Jackson

Rosen and Jackson were ranked about equally for me but for starkly different reasons.

I like seeing Jackson do well. I think it's a good story to see him prove doubters wrong and all that stuff. He is definitely going to face some tougher opponents down the stretch though.