Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade Campbell

(03-15-2020, 01:36 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 12:51 PM)FBT Wrote: His leadership and work in the community was huge. Yes, he was getting older and wasn’t the player he has been last season, but he was worth keeping. My guess is that he wasn’t ready to take a reduced deal to stick around.

This move signals the team is in full rebuild mode unless the goal was to clear as much cap space as possible to keep Yannick.  I guess we’ll see.  My expectation is that 2020 is going to be a complete train wreck that will require another complete staff rebuild next year.

I agree with all but the last sentence.  Campbell is an incredible human being AND a good player, and I'd have loved for him to retire a Jaguar.  We'll miss him.

Unfortunately, getting young and better requires some tough moves, and this is one of them.  At least the Jags didn't have to cut him, and were able to recoup some value with a pick.

I'm more optimistic than most about next year.  This is what good teams actually have to go through - figuring out which high priced players to keep.  If this means we get to keep Yan, then maybe it's worth it.  If this means we get to build an offense around Minshew, it's worth it.  But it does suck to lose Campbell.

Getting young is an inevitable fact of life in the NFL.  Getting better is a total crap shoot for the Jags front office
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2020, 09:00 AM)FBT Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:36 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I agree with all but the last sentence.  Campbell is an incredible human being AND a good player, and I'd have loved for him to retire a Jaguar.  We'll miss him.

Unfortunately, getting young and better requires some tough moves, and this is one of them.  At least the Jags didn't have to cut him, and were able to recoup some value with a pick.

I'm more optimistic than most about next year.  This is what good teams actually have to go through - figuring out which high priced players to keep.  If this means we get to keep Yan, then maybe it's worth it.  If this means we get to build an offense around Minshew, it's worth it.  But it does suck to lose Campbell.

Getting young is an inevitable fact of life in the NFL.  Getting better is a total crap shoot for the Jags front office

This +1.

I would trust someone playing craps more than I would trust the front office brain trust making draft decisions right now.  For every Telvin Smith/Brandon Linder....there's a Scotty McGee/Larry Hart.

QUALITY teams build through the draft and AUGMENT through FA.  This team has yet to prove they can do EITHER.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

This was just such a BAD PR move from a team that's already made a bunch of bad PR moves. I can't wait to see what's next. Trade Chark for a 7th?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Baltimore overpaid bigly. CC is a great guy, but had declined the past 2 years. Hopefully he gets 20 quality snaps a game in Balt and can have an impact.

its all part of the plan to move jags to londen. lets get rid of the best team leader.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I see we're ALL IN for Trevor Lawrence. Hope it works out better for us than Luck did for the Colts.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 11:57 AM by MoJagFan.)

(03-16-2020, 10:52 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Baltimore overpaid bigly.  CC is a great guy, but had declined the past 2 years.  Hopefully he gets 20 quality snaps a game in Balt and can have an impact.

The power of the QB rookie deal.

In 2 years, they will move on from CC just in time to get a comp pick that is actually better than the draft pick they shipped to us.  And in that time they will continue to do Baltimore things to make sure they stay competitive and have their shots at post season play with super bowl possibilities.

Where will this team be in 2 years?  Probably about the same but without 2 picks in the first round.  I really hope the front office does well and we get some daylight but the track record lends itself to screwing it up.

Edit:
Let me add if this was a team with a good track record, it would feel great to get something for someone that you were going to cut.  The Bouye deal would feel better as well.  But they just feel hollow and like more of the same because they squandered defensive talent and now the cupboard is bare.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Ravens won this trade

We will eventually lose our beloved players. This just felt like it was 1 year too early. But who knows, maybe it was right on time. Our team will miss his leadership and consistency. Hopefully our younger guys can step up in his loss.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-15-2020, 12:51 PM)FBT Wrote: His leadership and work in the community was huge. Yes, he was getting older and wasn’t the player he has been last season, but he was worth keeping. My guess is that he wasn’t ready to take a reduced deal to stick around.

This move signals the team is in full rebuild mode unless the goal was to clear as much cap space as possible to keep Yannick.  I guess we’ll see.  My expectation is that 2020 is going to be a complete train wreck that will require another complete staff rebuild next year.

I agree. 

So far 2020 has just been a train wreck in general.

Gonna miss the mayor but, it makes sense. God luck to him in Baltimore. Maybe Dave will catch the crabs
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I love how people overrate our players when they are here but as soon as they leave "yeah he is not that good, he was getting old" etc.

Calais was still easily very good but that's not the thing, he was by far the best leader in the locker room, he was one of the best mentors for young players anyone could ask for... This definitely means defense is gonna suck for sure... I mean the little hope we had (because Wash is still here) is now gone with Calais.

I would have rathered Hurst for Campbell than a fifth round pick. Judging by the Hurst to the Falcons trade, that may have been possible.

(03-16-2020, 12:00 PM)Haterade Wrote: Ravens won this trade

Calais won this trade. The Jaguars intentionally traded him to an contender because of his declining skills or should I say his window of opportunity. I'm truly convinced that the Jaguars could've reaped more benefits by trading him elsewhere but the respect level was too steep.

Good Job front office.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Locker room presence was overrated. If it was all that Ramsey and Telvin would still be here, and our defense wouldn't have been an embarrassment this year.

A locker room leader like Ray Lewis never allowed their defense to slip in such a manner. He's a nice guy and a great example but he wasn't a "I'm a great player and I own this defense, follow me" type of guy. From what I heard he was a quiet behind the scenes type. Not going cut it with young players.

There's a disconnect on NFL teams. Coaches can't choose the leaders alone. Every team, indeed any cooperative organization, chooses a leader by default. There's going be some individual who's talent and personality makes him the leader.

Coaches can try and FORCE a leader, but there's going always be conflict. Jags tried to force Jack as the leader, and maybe Calais too. The team was fine until THEY GAVE JACK A NEW CONTRACT FIRST! Rewarding him for being more.......palatable. When on that team the leaders should had been Ramsey, Telvin, and Calais, with Yannick included. They're the younger, louder guys. I'll bet money those guys minus Calais were close and the clique.

They should've paid Ramsey or Yannick first. And we'd still have our great defensive nucleus.

(03-16-2020, 08:22 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: There's a disconnect on NFL teams. Coaches can't choose the leaders alone. Every team, indeed any cooperative organization, chooses a leader by default. There's going be some individual who's talent and personality makes him the leader.

Coaches can try and FORCE a leader, but there's going always be conflict. Jags tried to force Jack as the leader, and maybe Calais too. The team was fine until THEY GAVE JACK A NEW CONTRACT FIRST! Rewarding him  for being more.......palatable. When on that team the leaders should had been Ramsey, Telvin, and Calais, with Yannick included. They're the younger, louder guys. I'll bet money those guys minus Calais were close and the clique.

They should've paid Ramsey or Yannick first. And we'd still have our great defensive nucleus.

Pretty sure Ramsey was still gonna ask for a trade, he is a diva, he was gonna start crying soon enough.

Ravens signing Michael Brockers as well. That d is gonna b nasty

Ravens fifth round pick sent to us will now be #153 instead of #170 due to Hurst trade compensation.

(03-16-2020, 08:30 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 08:22 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: There's a disconnect on NFL teams. Coaches can't choose the leaders alone. Every team, indeed any cooperative organization, chooses a leader by default. There's going be some individual who's talent and personality makes him the leader.

Coaches can try and FORCE a leader, but there's going always be conflict. Jags tried to force Jack as the leader, and maybe Calais too. The team was fine until THEY GAVE JACK A NEW CONTRACT FIRST! Rewarding him  for being more.......palatable. When on that team the leaders should had been Ramsey, Telvin, and Calais, with Yannick included. They're the younger, louder guys. I'll bet money those guys minus Calais were close and the clique.

Pretty sure Ramsey was still gonna ask for a trade, he is a diva, he was gonna start crying soon enough.

He would've lasted longer and respected the organization more if they handled him like a generational star.

Like it or not, the majority of good athletes are divas. Just some hide it publicly or the team treats them appropriately.