Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dan Arnold

(11-13-2021, 09:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm on record for saying Arnold is a top 3 TE in the NFL. Prove me wrong.

This is factoring in looks, production,  and future contributions

He's ranked 11th in receiving yards.

He's ranked 16th in yards per catch

He's tied for last place in touchdowns (0)  - Ten other TEs have at least 3 this season 

You're clearly wrong unless your "future contributions" thing comes to be prophetic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-13-2021, 10:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 09:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm on record for saying Arnold is a top 3 TE in the NFL. Prove me wrong.

He's ranked 11th in receiving yards.

He's tied for last place in touchdowns (0)  - Ten other TEs have at least 3 this season 

You're clearly wrong unless your "future contributions" thing comes to be prophetic.

He passes my eye test. .my eye test never fails. Quit hating.

(11-13-2021, 10:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 10:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's ranked 11th in receiving yards.

He passes my eye test. .my eye test never fails. Quit hating.
Hating? 

The hell are you talking about? 

You literally asked to be proven wrong. That's done now. 
You're welcome.

I like Dan Arnold. I'm stoked he's a Jag. 

I'm just not delusional in thinking he'll rank among the elite TEs in receiving production and I know he doesn't block as well as most of them.

(11-13-2021, 11:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 10:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He passes my eye test. .my eye test never fails. Quit hating.
Hating? 

You're welcome.

I'm just not delusional in thinking he'll rank among the elite TEs in receiving production and I know he doesn't block as well as most of them.

TEs don't need to block anymore. This isn't our grandpa's league.

(11-13-2021, 11:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 11:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hating? 

You're welcome.

TEs don't need to block anymore. This isn't our grandpa's league.

Yeah, you keep trying to float that around here, but it isn't true. 

Go watch James Robinson's highlights from weeks 1-6 of this season and count how many of those successful plays  feature an integral block from a TE then get back to me.

Arnold wasn't brought in to block he was brought in to catch passes. We have two other TEs who can block, and neither of them catch very will.

This is factoring in looks, production, and future contributions

Dude...

(11-13-2021, 11:52 PM)icey14 Wrote: Arnold wasn't brought in to block he was brought in to catch passes. We have two other TEs who can block, and neither of them catch very will.

To get you caught up - the debate being had is not about Arnold's role in this offense. 

The first false assertion is that Arnold is a top 3 TE. One trait the top TEs in the league still mostly share is quality blocking skill. He's not top 3 and that is one reason. 

The second was that TEs don't have to block anymore, which is also a load of crap. 

Even TEs that play strictly the F role (receiving end) in an offense are more effective when they can block well.

Dan Arnold is definitely a keeper. I like his size, speed and catching radius. He seems like a smart player in that he was able to pick up the playbook fairly quickly.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(11-14-2021, 11:19 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Dan Arnold is definitely a keeper. I like his size, speed and catching radius.  He seems like a smart player in that he was able to pick up the playbook fairly quickly.
Agreed that he's a keeper, but to the original question - he's not a top 3 TE right now. Even if we only look at his time with the Jags and pro-rate those numbers over 17 games, he'd have 74 receptions for 850 yards. Definitely very good numbers, especially considering how we've been searching for a receiving TE forever. But not top 3....

He needs some mass. I think that would help him.

Dan Arnold -. Y'all take the over or under, 60 yards from Arnold today?

(11-14-2021, 11:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He needs some mass. I think that would help him.

Typical of a WR converted to TE, but he's had some time in the league now, so he may not pack on much more. 

Given our need for a receiving threat this season, it may not matter much in the short term, but would be great to see him get an offseason of bulking up and blocking work under his belt. 
We do have him next year for 2.5 mil. He's an UFA in 2023. 
I wonder if they'll work a new deal if he continues on his current pace?

(11-14-2021, 12:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dan Arnold -. Y'all take the over or under, 60 yards from Arnold today?

Got the over with 67 yards.  Next year Arnold might get over 1000 yards with the way he is playing

(11-14-2021, 05:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 12:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dan Arnold -. Y'all take the over or under, 60 yards from Arnold today?

Got the over with 67 yards.  Next year Arnold might get over 1000 yards with the way he is playing

Hopefully nxt year they have enough reveiving talent that they aren't forced into giving Arnold so many targets

(11-14-2021, 05:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 05:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Got the over with 67 yards.  Next year Arnold might get over 1000 yards with the way he is playing

Hopefully nxt year they have enough reveiving talent that they aren't forced into giving Arnold so many targets
It will just open up things more for him if we have threats on the outside.  A lot of plays he looks to be doubled but is still beating the double teams

(11-14-2021, 05:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 05:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hopefully nxt year they have enough reveiving talent that they aren't forced into giving Arnold so many targets
It will just open up things more for him if we have threats on the outside.  A lot of plays he looks to be doubled but is still beating the double teams

Seems like a stretch to me, but maybe.

Dude killed two drives today. One with a drop, one with a penalty. 

I'll wait to see him in a functional offense before drinking the koolaid.

Right now he's functioning as our #2 receiver from the f spot.

This [BLEEP] is so badly put together you've got jones as your #1 from the Z - Viska not doing anything in a horribly miscast role at X  - and a wing and a prayer Agnew in a gadget slot/hybrid role. 

It's a mess- but it gives Arnold lots of opportunity.

(11-14-2021, 05:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 05:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It will just open up things more for him if we have threats on the outside.  A lot of plays he looks to be doubled but is still beating the double teams

Seems like a stretch to me, but maybe.

Dude killed two drives today. One with a drop, one with a penalty. 

I'll wait to see him in a functional offense before drinking the koolaid.

Right now he's functioning as our #2 receiver from the f spot.

This [BLEEP] is so badly put together you've got jones as your #1 from the Z - Viska not doing anything in a horribly miscast role at X  - and a wing and a prayer Agnew in a gadget slot/hybrid role. 

It's a mess- but it gives Arnold lots of opportunity.

I like Arnold but he seems to drop a key pass every game.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 09:37 AM by Mikey.)

(11-13-2021, 04:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Arnold is already better than Lewis ever was.

swing, and a miss.

....or is this just posting something outrageous on the off chance that the dude is here 3 years from now and you can pat yourself on the back for calling it first?

For all we know, Arnold could be our next O'Shag. Give it a few before we crown him, man.

@since when is the NFL a beauty pageant?@

and w/r/t future contribution, I guess we can say Tavian Banks is right up there with Freddy and MJD as best RB in team history.

(11-13-2021, 10:16 PM)YouMadThough Wrote: What is such an obsession of having a TE with this fanbase?

There's an Urbz joke in there but I ain't pullin that pin.

Well you're on record with a horrible take hahahah

Kelce, Kittle, Waller, Andrews, Pitts, and Hockenson are all better than Arnold. Then you add in a guy like Gesicki who you could argue is better too.