Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle down pitchfork and torch crowd. Meyer isn't going anywhere for the near future

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 04:30 PM by Mikey.)

(10-26-2021, 01:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just checked and apparently the 2-year warranty on my Pitchfork expired.  I really wish there was another beneficial use for Pitchforks other than marching in the streets.

you can cook 4 hoddogs at once if you're at a bonfire

(10-26-2021, 01:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 01:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just checked and apparently the 2-year warranty on my Pitchfork expired.  I really wish there was another beneficial use for Pitchforks other than marching in the streets.

Wait, we're supposed to march?

...are we in offseason mode already? I thought we just started winning?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 04:36 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-26-2021, 09:02 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 10:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Good to see another guy Urbs prematurely evacuated, Al Woods, getting mentions on MNF. Guess we didnt need him either.

is that the same Woods that jumped off sides and cost the Hawks the game...

Lol.... he actually jumped offsides 2x in that game.

(10-26-2021, 01:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Wait, we're supposed to march?

2 years ago we were (after the Jalen Ramsey debacle) but I think this year we were just going to do an online march due to Covid and the fact that everyone has gotten a little lazy.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 05:26 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-25-2021, 10:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Good to see another guy Urbs prematurely evacuated, Al Woods, getting mentions on MNF. Guess we didnt need him either.

To be Fair woods had a crucial penalty last time that gave the opponent a first down in the red zone.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-26-2021, 05:19 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

To be Fair woods had a crucial penalty last time that gave the opponent a first down in the red zone.

So that negates his value as a run stuffing Defensive tackle who got cut before we even got to camp? I don't think it does.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-26-2021, 07:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 05:19 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: To be Fair woods had a crucial penalty last time that gave the opponent a first down in the red zone.

So that negates his value as a run stuffing Defensive tackle who got cut before we even got to camp? I don't think it does.

The problem is not run defense.  We are solid against the run.  It's pass defense.  Woods can't give much value there.   We need pass rushers and CB's who do not leave receivers wide open after 2 seconds.

(10-26-2021, 07:25 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 07:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So that negates his value as a run stuffing Defensive tackle who got cut before we even got to camp? I don't think it does.

The problem is not run defense.  We are solid against the run.  It's pass defense.  Woods can't give much value there.   We need pass rushers and CB's who do not leave receivers wide open after 2 seconds.

The defense's problem, in my opinion, is that they are utterly reactive to the offense.  They are unable to set the pace and limit the offense's options.  Instead they are continually trying to guess and stop the offense.  If they were able to more effectively assert themselves into the game and limit an offense's options then they would be much more effective.

The issue is two-fold, I think.  Talent and experience/maturity.

Firstly, I believe thy lack the maturity to drive the play on the field.  I suspect that outside of small, one-person adjustments the defensive play calling is essentially relayed in from the sidelines and not meaningfully adjusted.  They don't have the on-field leadership to do this.

Secondly, I don't think they have the talent to mix up the defense on field even if they did have the play calling experience.  There are no lockdown corners who will let you take risks with 1:1 coverage of the other team's #1.  No monster safety that will let you over play the linebackers and risk a runner getting deep.  No pass rush threat that will let you drop everyone into coverage.

Their talent and maturity means that vanilla is the best this defense can do.

It was heartbreaking watching TL stop himself from going deep on the first drive. I suspect coaching up the rookie is the issue.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

*Ahem! *Ahem!

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2021, 05:18 PM by MoJagFan.)

(11-07-2021, 05:16 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: *Ahem! *Ahem!

Easy now. No week to week stuff. We will know good things when they happen. 2 wins to build on.
The Khan Years

I'll give Cullen some credit this week
Big Grin

Meyer is still on my [BLEEP] list

(11-07-2021, 05:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I'll give Cullen some credit this week
Big Grin

Meyer is still on my [BLEEP] list

Love it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

It still took them 9 weeks to finally go with a lot more Big Nickle sets. About 7 weeks too late..

Some of us wanted this adjustment for weeks now. Why it took them so long to make the switch is head scratching.

(11-07-2021, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It still took them 9 weeks to finally go with a lot more Big Nickle sets. About 7 weeks too late..

Some of us wanted this adjustment for weeks now. Why it took them so long to make the switch is head scratching.

Did you watch the game in Seattle?

(11-07-2021, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It still took them 9 weeks to finally go with a lot more Big Nickle sets. About 7 weeks too late..

They way they've handled the secondary from start to finish has been a clinic in confusion and indecision

At least they are finally figuring out how to use what they have available.  
Hope they can continue it when teams aren't looking past them as a sure-fire W  - and the opponent doesn't rack up 130 yards in penalties.

This is easily the worst thing about this win.

(11-07-2021, 06:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

They way they've handled the secondary from start to finish has been a clinic in confusion and indecision

At least they are finally figuring out how to use what they have available.  
Hope they can continue it when teams aren't looking past them as a sure-fire W  - and the opponent doesn't rack up 130 yards in penalties.

Maybe, but until proven otherwise, today's game is an outlier and a big unicorn.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 07:09 AM by I am Yoda.)

(11-08-2021, 12:54 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:

This is easily the worst thing about this win.

No. The worst thing is it might buy urban another year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-08-2021, 07:08 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 12:54 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: This is easily the worst thing about this win.

No. The worst thing is it might buy urban another year.

I dont think anything was going to free us from the urbz
The Khan Years

We even did a QB sneak!

(11-08-2021, 08:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We even did a QB sneak!

If they'd been able to do that most basic of football plays 2 months ago we'd have twice as many wins today.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato