Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Colts vs Jags

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2022, 08:07 AM by Mikey.)

(09-14-2022, 06:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 04:34 PM)Mikey Wrote: There is a monumental difference between confidence and expectation.

As in "Do you think you guys are gonna win?" vs. "Are you certain you guys are gonna win?"

A "yes" response to each question is VASTLY different.

As soon as you manage to survey the team, let me know what they say.
What?  To expect something doesn't mean it's certain that it will happen.

Are you that nebulous that you don't understand the difference in the two sentiments?
expectation is "the strong belief that something will happen". So put all those farding words in place of certain above, and maybe then you get the honking point.

(09-14-2022, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 06:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I get the “feeling” this team is different or at least better coached, and want to pick them. But seeing is believing. I’ll pick them when they give me reasons to pick them to win.

Beating them 7 times in a row is a decent reason

ok, snowy.

that's circumstantial at best.

The last two times we played the Bills at home we won, so if we played them on Sunday, we're 1-1 for sure, right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-14-2022, 11:54 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: John McKay had some good quotes, and I think one of his quotes concerning retaining experienced players in between seasons went something like this:

“When you went 0-16 the previous season, retaining experienced players isn’t all that important”

Man we need witty coaches like that today...that's beautiful

2 streaks will be on the line sunday.

1. Jags winning at home vs colts

2. Matt ryans undeafted streak againest jags. he is 4-0

hopefuly its 2 that ends sunday.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-15-2022, 08:05 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 06:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What?  To expect something doesn't mean it's certain that it will happen.

Are you that nebulous that you don't understand the difference in the two sentiments?
expectation is "the strong belief that something will happen". So put all those farding words in place of certain above, and maybe then you get the honking point.

(09-14-2022, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Beating them 7 times in a row is a decent reason

ok, snowy.

The last two times we played the Bills at home we won, so if we played them on Sunday, we're 1-1 for sure, right?

It looks like you are starting to finally understand that expecting something doesn't mean it is certain to happen.  Baby steps.

(09-14-2022, 08:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: In division rivals know each other very well and some teams just matchup well against others and have their number.  When a team beats another team as many times as we have the Colts in can get in their head.  They wrote the score on the walls in the locker room lol.  Inthink they have been thinking about this game every since week 17.  When you are in one's head like that it can have an affect one's game imo.  Of course anything can happen anyone can win or lose any given Sunday but I think the week 17 loss will still have am affect on them

We have six different starters on defense this year and 6 on offense

That's 54 percent of the starting lineup. 

All playing in new schemes. 

And you think 'having their number' prior to that means anything? 

I think it means nothing other than the colts will be hungry to not look foolish.
That's a pretty good number. Those 6 from each side of the ball will be able to take what we did well against the Colts a few games ago.  A big plus for Josh Allen who was one of the biggest reason we won.  They have the same oline fornthe most part outside of maybe their LT which isn't very good

(09-14-2022, 09:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think are team is talented enough, the QB is talented enough, and we have a good enough coach to win this division.  If we can beat the Colts Sunday I believe we will have the division lead at the end of the day.  I think KC beats the Titans and I think Den beats the Texans in Den

KC plays SD this week.

(09-15-2022, 09:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 08:05 AM)Mikey Wrote: Are you that nebulous that you don't understand the difference in the two sentiments?

ok, snowy.

It looks like you are starting to finally understand that expecting something doesn't mean it is certain to happen.  Baby steps.

I understand expecting wins from a team that hasn't reliably demonstrated that capability in the past half decade is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Best of luck with your high bar. I'll be here to enjoy the weekly meltdowns.

(09-15-2022, 11:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 09:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It looks like you are starting to finally understand that expecting something doesn't mean it is certain to happen.  Baby steps.

I understand expecting wins from a team that hasn't reliably demonstrated that capability in the past half decade is setting yourself up for disappointment.

He has predicted 10+ wins just about every season lol

"Minshew the man!"

Gameday unis are white jerseys and black pants.

Good. The teal pants are cursed.

(09-15-2022, 09:53 AM)H8tank Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think are team is talented enough, the QB is talented enough, and we have a good enough coach to win this division.  If we can beat the Colts Sunday I believe we will have the division lead at the end of the day.  I think KC beats the Titans and I think Den beats the Texans in Den

KC plays SD this week.

Bills, my bad.  I think the Bills will have even a better chance of beating them

I'm seriously afraid to watch this game. Jonathan Taylor is coming off a 160 yard performance and holy cow our defense couldn't tackle anybody. I think 2 things would make sunday a huge success.

Trevor having a 3 td no int game, maybe 300 yards.
Jonathan Taylor having less than 100 yards.

(09-15-2022, 11:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 11:39 AM)Mikey Wrote: I understand expecting wins from a team that hasn't reliably demonstrated that capability in the past half decade is setting yourself up for disappointment.

He has predicted 10+ wins just about every season lol

"Minshew the man!"

Mishew is one of the last reason why this team was bad the couple years he played here  41 - 12 TD ratio is 3rd highest in the league.  The roster was horrible might of had just a little something to do with it.

I just want to see Trevor have a real breakout game, show us that he has that special in him. Overall tho man I just really need a big W to brighten up my week!

I want to see the team show they’re correcting mistakes from the last game. And a win, of course.

Better protection from the Oline.
Better passes by Trevor.
Less passes by Trevor.
Use the run game more, which is obviously effective.
Better tackling.
And for God’s sake, score from the red zone!

(09-15-2022, 01:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I want to see the team show they’re correcting mistakes from the last game. And a win, of course.

Better protection from the Oline.
Better passes by Trevor.
Less passes by Trevor.
Use the run game more, which is obviously effective.
Better tackling.
And for God’s sake, score from the red zone!

Bro right? What is with our team not wanting to give JRob the ball. Dude has shown consistently that he is a play maker. He barely got any touches and scored 2 TDs and his TD run was a thing of beauty, no one has been talking about it. If you watch his TD run back notice he had 2 guys right infront of him and he wiggled his way into the endzone. He's so talented and underrated it's disgusting.

Michael Pittman did not practice for the Colts today. Quad injury.

Jags are now a pass to open up the run
type team. I like it. We dont have a good enough offensive line to just always line up and be predictable running like the old days. We finally have a passing oriented coach. Let's enjoy it. Yes, the runs will be important too.

Pierce is in concussion protocol. So Indy will be thin at WR this week.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2022, 05:18 PM by JaguarJosh2.)

If this season is amounting to anything great then we will win this game. It's a big hole to go 0-2 with a home division loss in a game where we normally dominate. Our schedule isn't favorable after that. We could be in #1 draft pick mode in Week 5.

(09-15-2022, 08:12 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 11:54 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: John McKay had some good quotes, and I think one of his quotes concerning retaining experienced players in between seasons went something like this:

“When you went 0-16 the previous season, retaining experienced players isn’t all that important”

Man we need witty coaches like that today...that's beautiful

My favorite McKayism had to be when he was asked by a reporter post game
Q: How did you feel about the execution of your offense?
A: I'm in favor of it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption