Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WEEK 17/ DAMAR HAMLIN Updates

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/statu...2ib9g&s=19

How awesome is this?!?

The wife and I are donating today as well!

Still praying for this young man!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 10:12 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-03-2023, 09:47 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 09:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No, he didn’t.

Well, that’s what the team said. And I’m sorry, when has it ever been normal for sooo many young athletes dying or having cardiac issues? Nothing about what happened to that young man last night was normal. 

I’ve been watching Football for damn near 50 years and I’ve NEVER seen this happen before..

The NFL will never admit their I’ll advised mandate was possibly a huge mistake. Sadly, we will keep seeing this story play out again and again.

There are millions of young people playing sports.  Sports involve a significant amount of exertion, and heart issues will show up.  Are you sure the statistics for this year are not normal?  Have you compared the rate of incidences to other years?

Don't just get mad or upset about some of the comments on here. Not worth it..

Do something more productive and positive, donate to Hamlin's charity!

Will make you feel better and do some good for some kids at the same time!

I bet Hamlin and his family would appreciate it..

For those that want to discuss COVID and/or vaccines there is a thread in the political forum.  Unsubstantiated comments/theories in this thread will not be tolerated.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 11:26 AM by RicoTx.)

Thank you.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I wonder if they'll make up/restart this game? I'm definitely not saying that this is of great importance as the young man is first in everyone's heads/hearts. Just wondering because the game does have big playoff seeding implications.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 12:05 PM by Bullseye.)

(01-03-2023, 11:23 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: For those that want to discuss COVID and/or vaccines there is a thread in the political forum.  Unsubstantiated comments/theories in this thread will not be tolerated.

Did I miss something?

Who discussed Covid/vaccines?

In the first video I posted, the doctor emphasized his injury had nothing to do with any vaccines.

If that somehow sparked a covid /vaccine debate, feel free to delete it, but I thought the chart showing the heart beat cycle was most relevant to the topic at hand.

(01-03-2023, 11:41 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I wonder if they'll make up/restart this game?  I'm definitely not saying that this is of great importance as the young man is first in everyone's heads/hearts.  Just wondering because the game does have big playoff seeding implications.

I heard some speculation they could push the playoffs back a week.

In the wake of a horrible situation, that seems the best solution.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-03-2023, 11:41 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I wonder if they'll make up/restart this game?  I'm definitely not saying that this is of great importance as the young man is first in everyone's heads/hearts.  Just wondering because the game does have big playoff seeding implications.

I was thinking about that this morning.  It would be rather complicated because both teams are still scheduled to play their week 18 games this weekend.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-03-2023, 12:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 11:23 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: For those that want to discuss COVID and/or vaccines there is a thread in the political forum.  Unsubstantiated comments/theories in this thread will not be tolerated.

Did I miss something?

In the first video I posted, the doctor emphasized his injury had nothing to do with any vaccines.

If that somehow sparked a covid /vaccine debate, feel free to delete it, but I thought the chart showing the heart beat cycle was most relevant to the topic at hand.

It had nothing to do with your post.  Your post was actually very informative and very much relevant to the thread/topic.  A certain poster tried to make the topic more political and derail the discussion.

(01-03-2023, 12:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Did I miss something?

I heard some speculation they could push the playoffs back a week.

In the wake of a horrible situation, that seems the best solution.

Not applicable to you. A couple of pinheads were attempting to inject (pun intended) their COVID vaccine conspiracy theories into the conversation. Your posts were factual and enlightening.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 12:26 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-03-2023, 12:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I was thinking about that this morning.  It would be rather complicated because both teams are still scheduled to play their week 18 games this weekend.

This is so cringe.. But it's the elephant in the room when it comes to the season.  We're in the final week and it's gonna have to be addressed, whether we play on or suspend the rest of the season. Not an easy decision to make.

Tell ya the truth, I think that decision should be made by Goodell and The Bills Organization.

To me, the most reasonable worst case scenario is that the season gets suspended, last night's game is erased, and playoff standings are determined by games already completed thru week 17. This is assuming that the young man doesn't make it. Delay the playoffs a week if there is a reasonable cause to do so, and dedicate them to the young man's memory. Of course, there are going to be a ton of teams that will be unhappy with this scenario. Goodell gets paid to work with the owners to formulate solutions/decisions like this.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 01:12 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-03-2023, 12:42 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: To me, the most reasonable worst case scenario is that the season gets suspended, last night's game is erased, and playoff standings are determined by games already completed thru week 17.  This is assuming that the young man doesn't make it.  Delay the playoffs a week if there is a reasonable cause to do so, and dedicate them to the young man's memory.  Of course, there are going to be a ton of teams that will be unhappy with this scenario.  Goodell gets paid to work with the owners to formulate solutions/decisions like this.

If playoff standings are determined by games already completed thru week 17, are we in the playoffs?  Are you saying we would cancel the Tennessee game?

I think a better solution would be to call last night's game a tie, and continue with the season.

Well, that’s what the team said. And I’m sorry, when has it ever been normal for sooo many young athletes dying or having cardiac issues? Nothing about what happened to that young man last night was normal. 

I’ve been watching Football for damn near 50 years and I’ve NEVER seen this happen before..

The NFL will never admit their I’ll advised mandate was possibly a huge mistake. Sadly, we will keep seeing this story play out again and again.

That is not what the team said.

Get the [BLEEP] out of here with this stupid [BLEEP].

Maybe you should look up Commotio Cordis and educate yourself for once.

Regarding the remainder of the season.

Since all of the other week 17 games have been played, I think the NFL has to make a decision about last night's game.  Either way it mainly impacts the Bengals and Ravens as well as the Bills.

1.  DECLARE THE GAME A TIE.

In this case it impacts the Bengals and Bills because of division championship and playoff seeding.  The AFC North division winner would be determined this coming weekend.  Had the Bengals gone on to win the game they not only clinch the AFC North, but seeding between the Bills and Bengals would also have to be determined this coming weekend.

2.  CALL THE GAME AND MAKE THE SCORE AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT FINAL.

In this case it would give the Bengals the win (they were leading) and eliminate the Ravens from the possibility of the AFC North championship.  It could also impact the Bills/Bengals as far as seeding depending on this weekend's outcomes of their respective games.

Either way, both teams are already in the playoffs, the only impact is going to be seeding as well as the winner of the AFC North.

Changing the schedule in any way would open a huge can of worms and affect all playoff teams.

(01-03-2023, 01:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 09:47 AM)Ronster Wrote: Well, that’s what the team said. And I’m sorry, when has it ever been normal for sooo many young athletes dying or having cardiac issues? Nothing about what happened to that young man last night was normal. 

Get the [BLEEP] out of here with this stupid [BLEEP].

Maybe you should look up Commotio Cordis and educate yourself for once.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1521289

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 02:23 PM by Mikey.)

Well, that’s what the team said. blobbidy bloop derpity doo

You need to hurry up and find your next reason to boycott the board.

Praise Admin! Ninja

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 02:37 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-03-2023, 01:10 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 12:42 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: To me, the most reasonable worst case scenario is that the season gets suspended, last night's game is erased, and playoff standings are determined by games already completed thru week 17.  This is assuming that the young man doesn't make it.  Delay the playoffs a week if there is a reasonable cause to do so, and dedicate them to the young man's memory.  Of course, there are going to be a ton of teams that will be unhappy with this scenario.  Goodell gets paid to work with the owners to formulate solutions/decisions like this.

If playoff standings are determined by games already completed thru week 17, are we in the playoffs?  Are you saying we would cancel the Tennessee game?

I think a better solution would be to call last night's game a tie, and continue with the season.

Yeah, I should have clarified on last nights game. A tie is probably the most fair to both teams, and would effectively 'erase' the game. As for week 18, it depends on if the young man remains in critical condition. Of course, if he passes, then who knows? week 18 could be canceled.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

https://twitter.com/NFL345/status/161034...1TPugVaZ9A

Looks like they have no plans to resume play any time soon.