Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Waiver claims: LB Arthur Brown (Ravens), DB Marqueston Huff (Titans)

Quote:Chris Smith should have been cut instead.

But Smith have been decent this preseason, and may actually produce this year. If anything he is currently what most of us would hope Holmes becomes in a year or 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And I did both apologize via message and on board about it. If ya chose to not accept it on you. But agreed we are all fans. Sides the trolls. But see no reason brittish is. And I am sure were both on the uk jags message board as well.

That's fine I saw your message and replied after I last posted just don't get so mad at people over nothing.

Let's move on.

Quote:Down goes another one...Interesting, If he chose the Hawks PS over Jags or if we just didnt even make him the offer? Honestly thought he played pretty well in camp and pre-season..

It's realistically possible Jordan Tripp chose the Seahawks because Seattle is much closer to Montana,  where he has roots.  Tripp is considered one of the best college players ever from Montana. 

Quote:Teal time may have been a fan longer but I think Brit is the better fan
Really dont care either way.  Ill still see every game regardless.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:That's fine I saw your message and replied after I last posted just don't get so mad at people over nothing.

Let's move on.
agreed,

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Jaguars claimed:

Arthur Brown

Marqueston Huff

Jaguars players got claimed:

Boddy-Calhoun - Browns

Holmes - Browns

Armbrister -Lions

Bowman - Jets

Caldwell gambled on a few guys clearing waivers who haven't :pinch:

Arther Brown was pretty good coming out of college, had a lot of injuries in the NFL

He seems like he would be an OTTO

Why are we whining about undrafted and 6th round picks getting claimed by other teams?

We should be past that

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Losing a player to a practice squad doesn't bother me much, because you can grab them pretty easily.  But the ones claimed to an active roster (especially Holmes) hurt. 

Bummed about Holmes. The rest are meh
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Huff was listed at SS for the Titans (played FS in college)  and saw ST action in 30 games and SS action in 2 or 3 games.  (2014-2015)

Look for him on ST right away with the Jags.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...s-pick-six

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...uffed-punt

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 03:03 PM by J-Mizzal.)

I like Holmes but some of you guys are acting like we cut our 2nd round pick, Holmes is a development guy at best, if Fowler and Yanick turn out good, Holmes would never see the field anyways, and in 2 years when he is ready we will prob have other guys that are better anyways 

We used to be in the Browns position... had to basically build our roster from waiver claims. Disappointed we lost Holmes, but it just means out talent pool has improved.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote: Thanks for starting this thread.

It's a good indicator of the improvement of the Jaguars roster when 4 players released get claimed by other teams.

My thoughts on the Lions claiming Thurston Armbrister is the combination of the Kyle O' Brien and Al Golden connections.   Golden is the Lions TE Coach and was Armbrister's college coach at the U.   Also, with former University of Florida, Bears, and Patriots LB Jon Bostic very likely heading to Short Term I.R.  and Josh Bynes dealing with an injury,  the Lions needed another LB.   That much more one who can contribute heavily on Special Teams.

As for Arthur Brown,  the Jags system might prove to be a better fit than the 3-4 he played in with the Ravens.   Brown was certainly a player on my radar screen when I reviewed all of the NFL cuts from the last couple of days. 

I concur. I was glad as well to see this thread to know who will not be joining the PS.

Extremely relevant threads like this are always welcome on the forum. 

'02

What time is the PS supposed the be set for NFL teams?

Quote:That is actually a great situation for him. With seahawks losing there big time lb.  To the raiders.  He has a real shot at developing into a good player.  But keep in mind.  Unless I am mistaken ps today does not mean cant be picked up tomorrow on someone elses roster.
Correct, players can be picked up off of any PS, but must be added to the other teams 53 man roster for minimum of 3 weeks.

Quote:I like Holmes but some of you guys are acting like we cut our 2nd round pick, Holmes is a development guy at best, if Fowler and Yanick turn out good, Holmes would never see the field anyways, and in 2 years when he is ready we will prob have other guys that are better anyways 

I totally respect where you are coming from and you make a valid argument.   Yet,   I can totally relate to the other point of view as well.   My own reaction to the Lions releasing DT Caraun Reid and him being claimed by the Chargers today is very similar to how some other reacted to what transpired with one or more of the Jags cuts.   We follow players closely and when it looks like on the surface a player shouldn't be exposed to waivers,  it's difficult when that player is claimed by another team.  

Quote:Teal time may have been a fan longer but I think Brit is the better fan

Get it right matey.  There is only one Brit Wink, and why thank you, he's pretty awesome

The other one is British.  An active, enthusiastic fellow with credible personnel takes.  Good to have him on board.  

Teal Time, we are all family mate. Glad you've softened.

I am tied this weekend postwise but read takes from the league and related outlets as they come out.  At this point, I just take my place as a mere fan, let the pros who are paid beaucoup d'argent that scout for years do their job.  Undoubtedly, a very exhaustive process.  

Come next week, we watch, assess and regain dissections. Go Jags.  #SittonLivesMatterDC

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote: 

<div>
<div>Mike KayeVerified account‏@mike_e_kaye
</div>

Source says multiple teams put in waivers requests for Tyrone Holmes. He wasn't making it to practice squads. #Jaguars

Yep, Dave done goofed with that one.

</div>

Simply put, Chris Smith better be a monster out there with multiple sacks this season in order to overlook this move.

'02

Quote:Simply put, Chris Smith better be a monster out there with multiple sacks this season in order to overlook this move.

Bc Tyrone Holmes would have done that?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:What time is the PS supposed the be set for NFL teams?

I think at 12:00pm ET,  you can begin putting together a P.S.   A team can have as many as 10 P.S. players,  hence additions around the NFL likely will be happening most days during the regular season.

Quote:Simply put, Chris Smith better be a monster out there with multiple sacks this season in order to overlook this move.

Well.... with Fowler and Ngakoue ahead of him he's likely to play mostly ST with maybe 60 defensive snaps thrown in there on the season.  I wouldn't expect much unless injury forces him to start.