Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 talk: Houston vs Jax

(09-20-2023, 06:37 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Texans WR Nico Collins in top 5 in receiving yards in the NFL. Stroud is 4th in passing yards

Campbell going to shut his [BLEEP] down

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Getting closer. Hopefully we'll all be hammered by halftime with a 20+ point lead singing songs of redemption.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-21-2023, 07:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Getting closer. Hopefully we'll all be hammered by halftime with a 20+ point lead singing songs of redemption.

Hopefully. A lot of people took that Chiefs L hard and have started questioning the team and how good it is.

A win Sunday and all will be good again. Sadly if we lose its going to be a massive Welpdown

If we lose, or struggle, this Sunday just hang this on the front of the stadium.

[Image: il_570xN.1053432049_h7bd.jpg]

(09-21-2023, 08:34 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 07:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Getting closer. Hopefully we'll all be hammered by halftime with a 20+ point lead singing songs of redemption.

Hopefully. A lot of people took that Chiefs L hard and have started questioning the team and how good it is.

A win Sunday and all will be good again. Sadly if we lose its going to be a massive Welpdown
https://twitter.com/JustonLewis_/status/...95076?s=20

Ridley says the offense is...... upset (but not in those nice terms)

Are we talkin’ about practice??

Yep, practice.

https://jacksonville-fl.newsmemory.com/?...5f_134ad2d

(09-21-2023, 09:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 08:34 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hopefully. A lot of people took that Chiefs L hard and have started questioning the team and how good it is.

https://x.com/JustonLewis_/status/170458...95076?s=20

Ridley says the offense is...... upset (but not in those nice terms)

That's what I want to hear and expected to hear from the O. What I like about this team is there are no big egos or making bulletin board material talk, they just go out and play hard and as a team. They know they let the Chiefs get away with one but also that it's Week 2 and we are still putting it all together 

I expect us to win Sunday and have some plays and performances that get people happy again.

Incoming 50 burger.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...97843?s=20

So Texans won't have Stingley, possibly both starting tackles, and a rookie QB? And they are at home?

Come on now

(09-21-2023, 10:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...97843?s=20

So Texans won't have Stingley, possibly both starting tackles, and a rookie QB? And they are at home?

Come on now

The road is well paved for the Jags offense to put up points, and the defense should do well if they stay the current course. 

Hard to see the Jags bungling this.

(09-21-2023, 10:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 10:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...97843?s=20

Come on now

The road is well paved for the Jags offense to put up points, and the defense should do well if they stay the current course. 

And it looks like Shaq Griffin will be starting on the outside.....

(09-21-2023, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 10:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The road is well paved for the Jags offense to put up points, and the defense should do well if they stay the current course. 

And it looks like Shaq Griffin will be starting on the outside.....

Let the receivers eat

[Image: giphy.gif]

Time to be the team we know we can be.

Gone are the days we let a beaten, broken team have a "surprise resurgence" of talent and ability, right?.....right?

Jaguars - 56
tinhorns - 0

It's the NFL and the Jags aren't a consistent team. No game should be assumed as a win at this point. Maybe very late in the year when some teams have mailed it in (like the texans last year) but not early in the season. I could see any of these scenarios, we win comfortably, we win a tight game in the 4th similar to week 1, or we lose a tight game in the 4th. Only thing that seems unrealistic is us getting blown out.

All jokes aside. I see the game unfolding like this:

Jaguars: Q1 - 7 / Q2 - 10 / Q3 - 6 / Q4 - 13
Tinhorns: Q1 - 3 / Q2 - 3 / Q3 - 3 / Q4 - 7

Jaguars - 36
Tinhorns - 16

I think they've had a better week of practice after everything that came out about last week leading up to the Chiefs game. The offense will come out more focused and ready to go inside the redzone.

I expect this team to have complete control of the game while pulling away significantly in Q4 after the tinhorns are in desperation mode being down 23 to 9 entering the final quarter of the game.

I think this is the week that Stroud makes a mistake or two. It could be a tipped pass that goes back for a pick six or at least an INT that sets us up for a scoring drive or a sack, strip fumble for a TD. I hope this allows Bigsby and Strange to get some good reps on offense in along with Abdullah off the edge on defense.

With all of the injuries and inexperience the tinhorns have? There's no excuses for this team to be out performed two weeks in a row. This offense beat itself mercilessly against the Chiefs. It should be the other way around this Sunday.

Leon Searcy remarked on the radio if Shaq Griffin will be charged for the money he stole while here.

(09-21-2023, 11:36 AM)rfc17 Wrote: It's the NFL and the Jags aren't a consistent team.  No game should be assumed as a win at this point.  Maybe very late in the year when some teams have mailed it in (like the texans last year) but not early in the season.  I could see any of these scenarios, we win comfortably, we win a tight game in the 4th similar to week 1, or we lose a tight game in the 4th.  Only thing that seems unrealistic is us getting blown out.
I would agree with this take.

and this weekend is my birthday weekend, and Jags always win on my birthday week. so Jags by 27 37-10.

LETS GO!