Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 talk: Houston vs Jax

So let's look forward rather than back and the perfect game for the Jags to get things back on track with a good win against the Tinhorns at home.

Division games are always different and Houston are young and learning under a new HC and system but this feels like the perfect game right now, at home, to get some confidence and momentum going with the team before the trip to London.

I'm not saying this will be a 50 burger blowout but can see a good win and the O correcting a lot of today's mistakes 

Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 07:34 PM by Caldrac.)

Same. Just keep playing like your playing on defense. Accept your weaknesses on offense and start overloading the personnel and the formations to create more favorable outcomes and just execute better in general.

This feels a lot like last year but with just a little bit more steps ahead towards turning the corner. They didn't have the costly turnovers today on offense but they folded like a wet noodle in the redzone collectively.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-17-2023, 07:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Same. Just keep playing like your playing on defense. Accept your weaknesses on offense and start overloading the personnel and the formations to create more favorable outcomes and just execute better in general.

This feels a lot like last year but with just a little bit more steps ahead towards turning the corner. They didn't have the costly turnovers today on offense but they folded like a wet noodle in the redzone collectively.

Your exactly right about the O. That's the name of the game in the NFL, try and find ways to keep your team playing to their strengths and improving your weaknesses. I think the Oline will get better with reps and time but Doug needs to find plays and protection schemes that the Oline can win their battles with. How do we have our 3 WR's on the field but keep protection? These are the things Doug needs to find out.

This team was responsible for so many of its own problems last year to start but really turned a corner and realised how good they can be. Now we have higher expectations and demands but I still have faith in this team to excel but we are still young and improving. There's going to be these bump in the road games but this team is definitely going in the right direction.

As long as we don't beat ourselves this game shouldn't be close. Let Trevor air it out and cut out the cute stuff. Apparently we have a defense so lets get his offense going
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 08:46 PM by carp8dm.)

We outclass Houston.

But if this is another Press Taylor scheme and another Sunday with Press Taylor calling the plays, it'll be like week 1. We'll get the win, but we'll make it frustratingly too close based on the disparity of talent. The play calling and offensive schemes we ran last year combined with the talent and coheseivness we have this year should make this week 3 matchup a blow out.

But after watching how the offense has run for the past 2 weeks, I'm not so sure we're going to be that explosive. And if that's the case, it'll be the Defense again that breaks the game open, and not our offense. And that is a problem.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2023, 08:52 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jags need to bounce back.

(09-17-2023, 08:51 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags need to bounce back.

This next game can't get here soon enough.

eh?

Let's get to 2-0 in the division and get back on track overall. We should win this one handily.

The tinhorns are flat across the board. Stroud was sacked 6 times today. Coughed the ball up twice. This is another opportunity for Allen and Walker to make some plays. Stroud does not have the mobility to fear like Richardson does.

I think my biggest concerns are our offensive line against their front. They have now struggled two weeks in a row. Until they stop? I'll expect to keep seeing it.

I expect this staff to outcoach their staff. I expect them to keep Pierce in check this time at home unlike last year out of the backfield. Outside of Nico Collins I don't think they have much outside to fear. Just need to execute better.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-17-2023, 08:53 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 08:51 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jags need to bounce back.

This next game can't get here soon enough.

eh?

Correct lol

If it makes anyone feel better we beat the bills 9-6 with urban meyer n they almost went to the sb that year lol

Yayy the tin horns

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJusjrnZ5ls

Just win the division. Get to the playoffs and see what happens.

Help is on the way. We get Cam Robinson back and hopefully that offensive line can improve. Maybe Cooper Hodges can come in for Bartch.

We have to get better on 3rd down. The Jaguars converted 1 third down outside the 2 penalties and converted 0 out of 1 on 4th down.

Special Teams has been great. Tim Jones comes up with a scoop. Matistik had a good play getting down there. Cooke is one of the best, and we all know what Agnew can do. The defense held the Chiefs to 17. Cisco has turned it up a notch this year. Williams forced a fumble.

Lawrence struggled. Etienne had 12 rushes for 3.3 average. Seems like Kirk always has a good game against the Chiefs. He had 100 yard game. Engram is a horse. Need more out of Walker. Going into week 3 and he has 1 sack.

Don’t underestimate this Texans team who beat our tails last year. Pitre is an elite level safety. Will Anderson could be a handful for that oline. They will probably try to steal a couple of possessions with a fake FG. Maybe a trick play to loosen things up.

Jaguars are still tied for 1st place in the division. Huge game this weekend.

7 point win to the Jags. 24 - 17.

(09-18-2023, 06:49 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just win the division. Get to the playoffs and see what happens.

Help is on the way. We get Cam Robinson back and hopefully that offensive line can improve. Maybe Cooper Hodges can come in for Bartch.

We have to get better on 3rd down. The Jaguars converted 1 third down outside the 2 penalties and converted 0 out of 1 on 4th down.

Special Teams has been great. Tim Jones comes up with a scoop. Matistik had a good play getting down there. Cooke is one of the best, and we all know what Agnew can do. The defense held the Chiefs to 17. Cisco has turned it up a notch this year. Williams forced a fumble.

Lawrence struggled. Etienne had 12 rushes for 3.3 average. Seems like Kirk always has a good game against the Chiefs. He had 100 yard game. Engram is a horse. Need more out of Walker. Going into week 3 and he has 1 sack.

Don’t underestimate this Texans team who beat our tails last year. Pitre is an elite level safety. Will Anderson could be a handful for that oline. They will probably try to steal a couple of possessions with a fake FG. Maybe a trick play to loosen things up.

Jaguars are still tied for 1st place in the division. Huge game this weekend.
The clots just destroyed them with a rookie Richardson and noodle arm Minshew.

Jags should blow them out at home.

We need to get back on track. I look for some more balanced and complimentary football.

(09-17-2023, 08:55 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Let's get to 2-0 in the division and get back on track overall.  We should win this one handily.

Lol, just win.  They beat us last year in Jax.  I don't care if we win by 1 point.  We just have to win

Last year, we responded to the loss in Detroit with a winning streak. Tinhorns are up, let's get it rolling.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Any given Sunday.

Jags offense is last in the league on 3rd down %