Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WELP: Norman

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2016, 02:22 PM by Go_jags3228.)

Quote:Gettleman was talking about it more so from a contract standpoint, he didn't want someone who was going to holdout if they didn't get a longterm deal.

Anyways, if last years performance was him not being "all in," I'll gladly take a not "all in" Josh Norman.
Article on nfl.com say in they're open to signing him back so he wanted a garentee he was either playin for them or some one else no holding out now I like how they handled it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This guy is the epitome of a guy who has one really good year, gets a huge contract, and then goes back to being average. 
A 5th round pick, got better every year and become the top CB in the NFL in his 4th year, is not some guy having a great contract year, Robert Ayers is an example of having a good contract year he was in like his 8th year and had been below avg. all other years.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Tweet from Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) - Source says Josh Norman will approach free agency carefully. Money, city, team makeup, coach, ownership - it's about right combo, not just $

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/stat...3307711488

Well....we have 2 out of 5....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think the plan is to get YOUNG free agents. Meaning age 25 or 26.

Quote:Tweet from Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) - Source says Josh Norman will approach free agency carefully. Money, city, team makeup, coach, ownership - it's about right combo, not just $

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Which 2?

I would say we have at least 4 depending on what Norman thinks of our city and team makeup which is on the rise 

Quote:I think the plan is to get YOUNG free agents. Meaning age 25 or 26.
That plan has got us to a max 5 wins, how about getting the best FAs 

Quote:Which 2?

I would say we have at least 4 depending on what Norman thinks of our city and team makeup which is on the rise

Money and ownership. It definitely isn't coaching. City I'm skeptical about because players have already spurned our "way of living" in the past. Team makeup could be borderline because if Gus gets the boot this year that could change.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think the real plan is to get better; regardless of age (to an extent lol).

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:That plan has got us to a max 5 wins, how about getting the best FAs

I thought I remember Dave saying something along the lines of we are at a point where we can start looking at some older guys to help
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I thought I remember Dave saying something along the lines of we are at a point where we can start looking at some older guys to help

He did.

Quote:Tweet from Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) - Source says Josh Norman will approach free agency carefully. Money, city, team makeup, coach, ownership - it's about right combo, not just $

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, that's why he's considering that mess of a franchise known as the 49ers -- the team with one of the worst GMs.

Quote:I thought I remember Dave saying something along the lines of we are at a point where we can start looking at some older guys to help

Dave has a range of 27 years old or less and 29 years old or more.

Norman does not fit that range.

Quote:Yes, that's why he's considering that mess of a franchise known as the 49ers -- the team with one of the worst GMs.

We don't know who he's considering at this point. Everything right now is speculation.

After all the lies in this year's FA (Irvin and Oliver), I'm just waiting for the news: Josh Norman has agreed to a *blank* deal with *blank* worth *blank* dollars. The rumors are ridiculous and most of time never pan out....

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

It is starting to appear that the Jags are definitely not involved in the Josh Norman Sweepstakes.  That's okay, lets just go have an incredible draft!

Quote:Dave has a range of 27 years old or less and 29 years old or more.

Norman does not fit that range.
He's the same age as Sherman, and everyone would want to sign him immediately. I don't see the problem with him being 28? He'll be 29 next season, 30 the next, 31 the following, it's how numbers work. If you can get four quality years out of a shutdown CB, you get four quality years out of a shutdown CB. No questions about it.

Reports are the Jags are not looking to acquire.

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Quote:Reports are the Jags are not looking to acquire.
We must be going after Ramsey. Watch for the trade with the Chargers

Quote:We must be going after Ramsey. Watch for the trade with the Chargers

We're not trading with the Chargers. Good god people why do people really think we're going to move up for a DB? He's not Sean Taylor.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:We're not trading with the Chargers. Good god people why do people really think we're going to move up for a DB? He's not Sean Taylor.
But he's being compared to the great deion sanders as a corner.