Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PATS JAGS FINAL SCORE PREDICTIONS

38-21 Pats

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is what I expect.

31-13 Pats. It will probably be around 21-6 at half and then we will score a meaningless touchdown some time in the fourth quarter.

What I hope for is that the Pats come out flat thinking "it's just the Jaguars lol" and we can hold them to a three point game, something like 27-24 Pats.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 08:43 PM by snowwolf776.)

there are 3 reasons a lot of people are picking the pats this sunday vs jags.     

1. Cheaters always win,even in court

2. they are Super Bowl champs 

3. Its in new England

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote: there are 3 reasons a lot of people are picking the pats this sunday vs jags.     

1. Cheaters always win,even in court

2. they are Super Bowl champs 

3. Its in new England

Dude, you don't have to show me or Patriots any respect, but show yourself some respect and DO NOT dive into that muck! The cheaters thing is getting old. Have you seen Brady's numbers since he started regularly playing with his balls @ 12.5 PSI? Go look at the last 3 games.... [mic drop]

Saying "look how well Brady is doing now with properly inflated balls" doesn't mean he wasn't cheating last year when they totally thrashed on the Colts. Last year's Lombardi will always be tainted.

'02

Quote:Saying "look how well Brady is doing now with properly inflated balls" doesn't mean he wasn't cheating last year when they totally thrashed on the Colts. Last year's Lombardi will always be tainted.

Sir, let me tell you, that if the Patriots hand their footballs to refs at a legal 12.5 PSI, as soon as they step out onto the field in November/December/January (or any game where the temperature is much lower than the temperature where the balls were inflated), they are playing with illegal balls. Furthermore, illegal balls are being used all over the NFL in the winter by any team that wants them at the league minimum of 12.5 PSI before kickoff and during a cold game. 12.4 PSI is illegal and that's what you'll get (and lower) depending on how cold the air is.

To your point about the Colts game. I got my father mad when I called him up while driving home early AM when I first heard about "deflategate" hours after the Colts game. The way it was reported, it seemed it was an organizational effort to tamper, etc. I was ready to go and throw my SB balls over the fence at Gillette Stadium. So yeah, I took that personal. He said wait until information is known, and I said no, I took that report personally, as I really love this team.

And after Brady gave his press conference, I thought he was lying to me when he said he didn't care how he wanted his balls, and that he just touches them and that's that. I'm not dumb, I know he wants those balls *exactly* as he wants them. If you go to the Colts forum, and search my username "furi0usbee" you would see that I was calling for suspension, fines, etc. on Brady and I think even Belichick.

I don't think however Brady told these two clowns to go in and remove PSI *after* the balls were inspected. If you read those texts between Jastremski and McNally, it was clear Brady put a lot of pressure on them to have the balls the way he wanted. I think they went to great lengths, and indeed did tamper with the footballs. But I DO NOT think, for obvious reasons, Brady ever told them to do that. That would be dumb.

Even after saying all that, and after digesting it all, I would have still suspended Brady one game, and fined the Patriots $1,000,000.00 but I would not have docked them any picks.

About "tainted" footballs, you can believe that if that makes you feel better. SB49 was the fairest SB in the history of the SB. I would suspect if Brady "needed" these balls at a lower PSI to outperform his opponents, he would surely not have performed the way he did.

Oh, and here are his stats since playing the Colts, I won't even count the 2nd half of the Colts game. Good right? I think that PSI thing to him, like many athletes, is just about controlling everything and having things "the way you like them." Even if it provided no benefit, which it obviously didn't if you look at these numbers, many athletes just like things a certain way. I think that is the case here.

I'll say this though, the last thing the NFL wants is a Brady on a mission. And they got that. And the NFL (organization) is trying everything it can do to act against it, including snubbing him on promo materials, passing on him for player of the week awards, etc. which is fine. Goodell won't be able to pass on handing Kraft the trophy this year though...

And I don't post these numbers to be a jerk... just saying that this "cheating" and needed lower PSI balls to perform at a certain level is hogwash. It was a stupid thing to do, believe me, and I would have suspended him a game as I said. But to somehow think "taint" is in the air... that's just haterspeak.

And finally, the Patriots don't need to cheat to beat the Colts... which makes this all the more dumb on the Patriots part, because the Patriots own them the last several years. Let's see what happens on Oct. 18th against the Colts. If the Colts beat Brady with 12.5 PSI balls, I'll come back here and revisit your thoughts.

[Image: brady_psi.png]

I've quit predicting scores.
But what I will predict is a brawl....a hard fought game by the Jags that the cheat-a-lots weren't expecting.

I can understand some people wanting to preserve first stringers and play more backups. Get healthy they say for the clots.

But, we would come out looking like the early season sacrificial lambs playing a SEC power team.
Just take our licks they say and move on.....but that's giving up and you don't build winners that way.
One of these days, these guys are going to crumple.

Give it your all and show'em what you got Jags!
Maybe....just MAYBE the football gods will smile on you.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 03:21 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:Saying "look how well Brady is doing now with properly inflated balls" doesn't mean he wasn't cheating last year when they totally thrashed on the Colts. Last year's Lombardi will always be tainted.
Actually, the Colts couldn't stop the run at all that game last season. They couldn't even have stopped a 95 year old woman from running it.

Brady really didn't have to do all that much. Running Backs were basically getting anything they wanted.

Longest post ever. Too long and don't care about Pats.

New England 38

Jacksonville 20

I'm confident if the Jags rely heavy on the inside run game, they should have some success to put themselves in good positions.

I'm interested to see how Robinson plays against Butler (that's really the match up of the day I think on offense). If Robinson can dominate him at the line and create enough opportunities, it will stretch the run game further.

The defensive doesn't need to be too exotic in pass coverage. Lot's of 1v1 battles (I'm looking at you Telvin Smith). This is a little out of the Jags comfort Zone, but they need to go with pressure on Brady over cover two/cover three. I like Colvin/House on Edleman and Co. with the obvious threat of Gronk. being covered by Smith. Smith has the ability to stay with him, but he has to be able to match with Gronk's size/Speed... If you can develop pressure on Brady with 4-6 guys on each play, you're going be successful 

Lastly, Bortles has to be smart with the ball as usual. I don't want to say be conservative because the deep ball was working last week against a mediocre Miami secondary, but New England's group has been much stronger from week one to two and I'd hate to see him get careless or force the ball when he doesn't need to. New England's biggest weakness right now may be that inside run defense. Siliga, Branch and Easly are a very poor interior and they do not get very much penetration.. Bortles should be able to make some plays with his feet if he has nothing downfield. 

Quote:Longest post ever. Too long and don't care about Pats.

You should always know thy enemy...

The Pats are so confident, they aren't even bugging our locker room.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:The Pats are so confident, they aren't even bugging our locker room.

Rats, I forgot about *that* claim... I can't post Brady's stat line (again) for the last 3 games for that one Sad

I'm sure the equipment managers are spraying Pam on the pats jerseys as we speak.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I'm sure the equipment managers are spraying Pam on the pats jerseys as we speak.

Maybe they didn't read this article...

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/06/jo...on-jerseys

I will comply with the OP and give my prediction:

WOULD LIKE: Patriots 43, Jaguars 17

PROBABLY: Patriots 35 - 20

Drivel

Prediction:

Probably an entertaining game in the first half (as the Jags keep it competitive and look like a real team).

Then, the 2nd half Jags' woes continue. The Pats take over the game.

31-20 Pats

Quote:Drivel

The entire thread in general, or a post(s) in particular? We need specifics, man!

I believe this game will be a turning point for the franchise.  We've been wanting, and waiting, for change for a very long time.  Our season opener against Carolina was a disappointment but we saw progress.  Our win against Miami cemented that progress we saw.  While I don't think we will win this game, I think we will see more of the progress that indicates we aren't going back to the way we were.  Good things are going to happen on the field as reinforcement to the team that they're finally headed in the right direction.  It's going to be a satisfying loss.