Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will become the best QB of this franchise

Quote:will they please stop trying to make D-Rob a WR... he cant catch.. watching them throw to him on 4th down was gut wrenching...

i am so tired of seeing him drop passes.
Since he's been healthy, his drops are few and far between...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol my Packers fan buddy tried telling me he doesn't "see it at all" Blake yesterday

He doesn't have Rodger's zip, but then again, who does?

'02

Quote:Hurns is gonna be great as long as we don't have to rely on him as a #1 target.

Robinson is our true #1. Why do we need to draft one?

If Hurns can mostly eliminate the drops, he'd make a darn fine #2 with Greene filling the slot role.

And that's IF Lee never stays healthy.

Sure Robinson is OUR true #1, but I think he's talking about getting a "true #1" as in a top fantasy guy like Julio Jones.

'02

I know it's early but he's got everything you want in a QB. He's got pocket presence, awareness, the ability to go through his reads, the arm strength, mobility, calm demeanor in pressure situations, the clutch factor he proved multiple times at UCF.

Is there anything he is lacking at all?

Quote:I know it's early but he's got everything you want in a QB. He's got pocket presence, awareness, the ability to go through his reads, the arm strength, mobility, calm demeanor in pressure situations, the clutch factor he proved multiple times at UCF.

Is there anything he is lacking at all?
Experience...superlative surrounding talent....a proven championship caliber coordinator.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Experience...superlative surrounding talent....a proven championship caliber coordinator.

Olson has had a number one offense and created a MVP QB out of someone with a fraction of Blake's talent
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Is there anything he is lacking at all?

Not to rain on your parade, but he looked pretty dang good in last year's preseason as well.  Might want to give Bortles 4 actual games prior to declaring him your messiah.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 04:32 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:Not to rain on your parade, but he looked pretty dang good in last year's preseason as well. Might want to give Bortles 4 actual games prior to declaring him your messiah.

There's a distinct difference of looking good against starters vs backups. Against 2 playoff teams compared to the Bucs and Falcons 2nd teams. And as good as he looked last preseason, this preseason is on another level.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Joke will effect his ability to make plays

Quote:Not to rain on your parade, but he looked pretty dang good in last year's preseason as well. Might want to give Bortles 4 actual games prior to declaring him your messiah.

Unlike you, I saw all of last year's pre-season games as well as this season's. To use your words, not to rain on your parade...but this is a much better QB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I think both points are fair.  This is definitely not the same QB as last year, but lets see what happens when the regular season starts. 

In Oley's interview, they asked him about Blake's ability to grasp everything involved with his offense. His comment was that he's very happy where Blake is at, but that there are certainly things Blake can do better where he envisions Blake doing better in the future. As good as Blake has looked, I'm wondering what he's talking about. Any ideas?

'02

I agree!

</haeole>

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Not to rain on your parade, but he looked pretty dang good in last year's preseason as well.  Might want to give Bortles 4 actual games prior to declaring him your messiah.
The comparison from last year to this preseason is like comparing night and day.  Keep trying.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The comparison from last year to this preseason is like comparing night and day. Keep trying.

"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:Bortles has definitely put in the necessary hard work to better his game this offseason and it has definitely shown in game. His stock is pointing in the right direction and it can only get better with his progression.

I feel like we have found THE quarterback that we need, who can take us to the next level. He is our FRANCHISE QB. Also, his national perception will change positively - and subsequently our team - but that is something that does not matter. Winning does.

Now let's work with the players around him to get our team where we need them to be. Playoff contenders.

Go Jags!

Pete Priscoe, is that you.

Listening to 1010xl right now and you just told Boselli that Blake would be the best QB in team history in 8 years.

mvannostran...

Care to elaborate?

I just perused Olson's bio.

They made no such mention of the accomplishments you listed.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 07:14 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:mvannostran...

Care to elaborate?

Sorry my numbers were off.

2006 Rams

6th in total offense

3rd passing offense

4000 yard passer, two 1000 yard receivers, and a 1500 yard rusher.

Bulger, Holt, and Bruce were all pro bowl selections. Burger was a pro bowl MVP but not under Olson, sorry not sure where I got the MVP title from. Blake has more talent than Bulger IMO.

2010 Bucs

Josh freakin Freeman was sixth in the NFL passer rating under Olson. And the 3rd best offense in team history.

So my numbers were admittedly off. Sorry about that. But still, when he has talent to coach, he puts out one heck of an offense. And works wonders with QBs. Carr already looks a bit lost without him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

mvannostran,

I don't suggest it is impossible for Bortles to thrive under Olson.  But as impressive as Olson has been, he doesn't have the track record of some other coordinators (i.e. Norv Turner).

I guess there is a "rebuttable presumption" that Olson is a lower caliber than a Turner.  In other words, if the circumstances were right here, Olson could become one of the elite coordinators.

Quote:
Quote:mvannostran...

Care to elaborate?

Hmm... I imagine he was talking about Oley's great season with the Bucs. I mention it in my article about Olsen...

http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/th...son-story/

Here's a quip...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">

In 2010 under Oley’s guidance with the youngest roster in the league beginning to take shape, the Bucs offense nearly carried the team into the Playoffs. The Bucs finished 10-6 with Josh Freeman scoring 25 TDs to only 6 INTs as his 95.9 QB rating set the Bucs record for a 16-game starter. In half his games Freeman finished with a qb rating over 95, and in half of those over 120. He was so impressive over the final four weeks of the season that his combined stat line speaks for itself:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">4 starts (3 wins, 1 loss), 77 of 109 (70.6%) for 1009 yards (9.3 YPA), 9 TDs and 0 INTs for a 127.0 qb rating.

Among these games was a 38-15 win over the Seahawks that saw Freeman post an 80.8 completion percentage, 5 TDs and a near perfect 144.2 QB rating. Freeman quickly established a lethal connection with rookie fourth-round pick Mike Williams who, in part due to his uncanny jump ball elevation, finished the season leading all rookie receivers in yardage (964), receptions (65) and TDs (10) while setting most of the Buc’s rookie WR records and landing on a couple All-Rookie teams. The passing game worked in part as it fed off their power running game thanks to undrafted rookie LaGarrette Blount who became the second undrafted RB in league history to gain over 1000 yards, and in part due to another rock solid season from TE Kellen Winslow. Even backup QB Josh Johnson had a solid season completing 14 of 16 passes for 111 yards and a 95.6 QB rating.

This was the best he did as of late with a qb who you might say had a fraction of Blake's talent, although I don't know that they had a #1 offense or MVP qb. He might have been talking about Oley's first year in the NFL when he coaced Jeff Garcia...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">He started out in the NFL as a QB coach with the 49ers in 2001 helping Jeff Garcia reach his second Pro Bowl after a 12-4 season as Tim Rattay warmed the bench behind him. In his third NFL season, Garcia posted a career-best 32 TDs along with 12 INTs and a QB rating over 100 in half his games. In the New Orleans Superdome for the season finale, Garcia put up a near-perfect 149.3 QB rating (perfect is 158.3) winning a 4-TD game 38-0.

'02