Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Colts Gameday***

What if...what if the bad play calling and terrible O line play was a ruse by Doug to lull the Chiefs into a false sense of security?

Nah, we sucked for 3 quarters.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2023, 04:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What if...what if the bad play calling and terrible O line play was a ruse by Doug to lull the Chiefs into a false sense of security?

Or maybe that's what the Chiefs were doing to us but they really committed?

(09-10-2023, 03:53 PM)Firesky Wrote: I have to give credit where credit is due, Bigsby had 2 nice runs to finish that drive; glad to see the ridiculous mental errors didnt impact his confidence

OMG I've had it....what mental errors.... people who don't know football would say that...go back and look at the interception it was high and behind him.... hence bad throw.... second he recovers a fumble has control and is touched... he's down ..play over or you could say he gave himself up.... ether way you can't blame him on a bad call....and then finally he literally gives us the lead with two powerful runs....

(09-10-2023, 04:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:26 PM)Newton Wrote: For one, I was impressed with Richardson. He exceeded my expectations.

Agree. He was more slippy than expected and made some good throws on the move. However, if he has any desire to stay in this league very long, he's going to have to suppress the urge to run.

Running is the best part of his game at this point in time. Will he adjust and prevent injuries such as today's?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-10-2023, 04:53 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 03:53 PM)Firesky Wrote: I have to give credit where credit is due, Bigsby had 2 nice runs to finish that drive; glad to see the ridiculous mental errors didnt impact his confidence

OMG I've had it....what mental errors.... people who don't know football would say that...go back and look at the interception it was high and behind him.... hence bad throw.... second he recovers a fumble has control and is touched... he's down ..play over or you could say he gave himself up.... ether way you can't blame him on a bad call....and then finally he literally gives us the lead with two powerful runs....

You play to the echo of the whistle.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I’m still irritated we took a RB over more o line he’ll and it showed today.

Pray for Chris Jones to holdout next week. Thankfully BB was ok and came back in.

(09-10-2023, 04:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m still irritated we took a RB over more o line he’ll and it showed today.

Pray for Chris Jones to holdout next week. Thankfully BB was ok and came back in.

Did Bartch get hurt? I thought it was Scherff.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-10-2023, 04:53 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

Agreed on the high pass, but the fumble was a mental error.  You play until the whistle.  With that said he's gonna be huge for this team and was a damn good pick.  I had a bigger issue with our 2nd pick when the 1st or 2nd best guard in the draft was sitting there.  His first game as a rookie.  I'm not worried about Bigsby

(09-10-2023, 04:02 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:00 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: For those losers crying earlier in this post...

SUCK IT!

Aren’t you supposed to cry when your team is underperforming and losing a game they should be dominating? They win though and no complaints from me.

No actually...you shouldn't cry and over react...and realize it's a 60 min game....ya you can have concern's sure....but going back and reading this thread after the game some people have some serious issues

(09-10-2023, 04:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What if...what if the bad play calling and terrible O line play was a ruse by Doug to lull the Chiefs into a false sense of security?

We absolutely sucked offensively for three quarters. I hope they got it out of their system today.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-10-2023, 04:22 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Minus the [BLEEP] fumble with Bigsby its 31 to 14.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I am fairly certain the rules were ignored there. He should have been down.

Why?  The fumble went to him and he stood there.  Exactly what got ‘ignored’?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-10-2023, 05:05 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:02 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Aren’t you supposed to cry when your team is underperforming and losing a game they should be dominating? They win though and no complaints from me.

No actually...you shouldn't cry and over react...and realize it's a 60 min game....ya you can have concern's sure....but going back and reading this thread after the game some people have some serious issues

You aren't new here.

Very fortunate to get a "win" today. The defense definitely was most responsible for the outcome, but they were going up against a rookie quarterback who didn't have Jonathan Taylor in the backfield. Trevor made some great throws, but he can't make mistakes like the one where the Colts defender dropped an easy interception.

I expect the Jaguars to easily win the division and get a first round bye, but the pass rush needs a lot of improvement. Walker will be a good player, maybe very good, but he is never going to be a difference-making Edge rusher. Time will tell if the pass rush proves to be good enough to beat the top AFC teams in the playoffs.

(09-10-2023, 04:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:53 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: OMG I've had it....what mental errors.... people who don't know football would say that...go back and look at the interception it was high and behind him.... hence bad throw.... second he recovers a fumble has control and is touched... he's down ..play over or you could say he gave himself up.... ether way you can't blame him on a bad call....and then finally he literally gives us the lead with two powerful runs....

You play to the echo of the whistle.

Yet there are rules in the NFL

(09-10-2023, 05:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You play to the echo of the whistle.

You have to be kidding me.  It was a bad play.  Period.

(09-10-2023, 05:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:53 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: OMG I've had it....what mental errors.... people who don't know football would say that...go back and look at the interception it was high and behind him.... hence bad throw.... second he recovers a fumble has control and is touched... he's down ..play over or you could say he gave himself up.... ether way you can't blame him on a bad call....and then finally he literally gives us the lead with two powerful runs....

Agreed on the high pass, but the fumble was a mental error.  You play until the whistle.  With that said he's gonna be huge for this team and was a damn good pick.  I had a bigger issue with our 2nd pick when the 1st or 2nd best guard in the draft was sitting there.  His first game as a rookie.  I'm not worried about Bigsby

Agreed

(09-10-2023, 05:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You play to the echo of the whistle.

Yea and we can interpret them any way we want.  I thought the interception was actually a forward lateral to the DB.....Smile
Ball dead....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-10-2023, 05:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 04:22 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I am fairly certain the rules were ignored there. He should have been down.

Why?  The fumble went to him and he stood there.  Exactly what got ‘ignored’?

Because by rule he had control and gave himself up....the whistle should have been blown....and even on review that should have been the call....had control gave himself up and was touched

(09-10-2023, 05:21 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 05:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Why?  The fumble went to him and he stood there.  Exactly what got ‘ignored’?

Because by rule he had control and gave himself up....the whistle should have been blown....and even on review that should have been the call....had control gave himself up and was touched

How did he ‘give himself up’?  Because he stood there with his head up his [BLEEP]?

(09-10-2023, 05:21 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 05:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Why?  The fumble went to him and he stood there.  Exactly what got ‘ignored’?

No that was the correct call.  He could have taken off running.
A new broom always sweeps clean.