Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Colts Gameday***

(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: What is everyone so salty about, Trevor looked good, Ridley looked like the prime Ridley of 2020... it was a good day?

And he had numerous good throws moving to his left…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2023, 05:56 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 05:49 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Well not cry literally but if you have passion for your team you’re going to be pissed when they play poorly and happy when they win. It’s an understandable reaction.

Well I have true passion and I don't act that way.... This fan base on this particular thread or message board has a meltdown over one bad play and are about to jump off a cliff and you don't see that as being a problem..... One interception and this message board is like Trevor sucks He's never going to be good...one missed tackle that player is the worst pick ever and so on and so on.... And then they all ultimately eat crow at the end

I didn’t see anyone saying Trevor sucks and is never going to be good but maybe I missed it. If Trevor throws a pic caused by another player and a fan complains about Trevor that’s just hyperbole and overreacting. Not everyone is as reserved, dispassionate and logical as some other fans on this thread are.

But we won so yay.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 06:44 PM by nejagsfan.)

(09-10-2023, 06:08 PM)NCJag Wrote: Checked out the Clots board post game. They’re all pretty livid calling Cisco a headhunter and calling for a fine due to a “dirty” hit on Richardson at the end of the game. Anyone see what the heck they’re talking about?

Lol nope

(09-10-2023, 06:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 05:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The board even melts down after a win lolol
We won by 10. We're all drunk or tipsy armchair coaches or positional coaches now. Lolololol.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I would agree but it happens at the first play of the game

(09-10-2023, 05:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The board even melts down after a win lolol

Disagreeing on a play = melting down

LoL

(09-10-2023, 06:41 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 05:56 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Well I have true passion and I don't act that way.... This fan base on this particular thread or message board has a meltdown over one bad play and are about to jump off a cliff and you don't see that as being a problem..... One interception and this message board is like Trevor sucks He's never going to be good...one missed tackle that player is the worst pick ever and so on and so on.... And then they all ultimately eat crow at the end

I didn’t see anyone saying Trevor sucks and is never going to be good but maybe I missed it. If Trevor throws a pic caused by another player and a fan complains about Trevor that’s just hyperbole and overreacting. Not everyone is as reserved, dispassionate and logical as some other fans on this thread are.

But we won so yay.

Lol I'm dispassionate because I don't overreact....some people on here think it's a Madden game and everything is going to be perfect

(09-10-2023, 06:52 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 06:41 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I didn’t see anyone saying Trevor sucks and is never going to be good but maybe I missed it. If Trevor throws a pic caused by another player and a fan complains about Trevor that’s just hyperbole and overreacting. Not everyone is as reserved, dispassionate and logical as some other fans on this thread are.

But we won so yay.

Lol I'm dispassionate because I don't overreact....some people on here think it's a Madden game and everything is going to be perfect

We're just being passionate fans, man. It's a fun emotional outlet. 

Unclench your butt cheeks a little.

(09-10-2023, 06:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 05:50 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Because he recovered a football he was touched the play should have been over
He gave himself up as a player.... When a player has control over a fumble the play is over.... So let me ask this when a player's in a pile and has recovered a fumble the whistle hasn't been blown He gets up and he's standing there can a player come over and just hit the ball out of his hands and run it in for a touchdown no he has control He has the ball... The whistle is never been blown at that point... If you watch when there's a fumble  and pile up there's no whistle being blown They wait to see who has the ball at the bottom of the pile right? If that player gets out of that pile and another player comes over and knocks the ball out and runs it in for a touchdown it doesn't happen because he has control and the play is over regardless of the whistle

You can't read this the thread and get a true understanding of what happened in the game That's impossible...lol Just go watch the highlights or rewatch the game lol

You have a very ‘unique’ view of giving himself up.  I KNEW what the call was before they ever confirmed it.  But you hang on to those misguided beliefs.

What ever dude...I could honestly care less...it was one play from a rookie who is in his first NFL game...I'm smart enough not to be calling for his head over one play....as he came back to score us a TD and put us in the lead....I honestly thought the play should have been over... it wasn't so what we win that all

Glad the Jags won - it was a LOT closer than I expected, or the final score reflected.

I hope Bigsby learns from this game that you keep playing until the whistle blows.

I'm chalking this one up to it being the first game of the season - I think they'll settle down and play more consistently as time goes on. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walker got a sack today! I was happy to see it . . . we need to see a lot more from him than we have so far, but he got a sack today.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(09-10-2023, 06:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 06:52 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Lol I'm dispassionate because I don't overreact....some people on here think it's a Madden game and everything is going to be perfect

We're just being passionate fans, man. It's a fun emotional outlet. 

Unclench your butt cheeks a little.
Lol bipolar.... fixed it for you

(09-10-2023, 07:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 06:09 PM)RicoTx Wrote: You have a very ‘unique’ view of giving himself up.  I KNEW what the call was before they ever confirmed it.  But you hang on to those misguided beliefs.

What ever dude...I could honestly care less...it was one play from a rookie who is in his first NFL game...I'm smart enough not to be calling for his head over one play....as he came back to score us a TD and put us in the lead....I honestly thought the play should have been over... it wasn't so what we win that all

So me calling you out on a bad understanding of rules after you call people dumb for not understanding the rules is ‘calling for his head’?  Too funny.

(09-10-2023, 06:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 05:50 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Because he recovered a football he was touched the play should have been over
He gave himself up as a player.... When a player has control over a fumble the play is over.... So let me ask this when a player's in a pile and has recovered a fumble the whistle hasn't been blown He gets up and he's standing there can a player come over and just hit the ball out of his hands and run it in for a touchdown no he has control He has the ball... The whistle is never been blown at that point... If you watch when there's a fumble  and pile up there's no whistle being blown They wait to see who has the ball at the bottom of the pile right? If that player gets out of that pile and another player comes over and knocks the ball out and runs it in for a touchdown it doesn't happen because he has control and the play is over regardless of the whistle

You can't read this the thread and get a true understanding of what happened in the game That's impossible...lol Just go watch the highlights or rewatch the game lol
Good lord.

You really don’t know ball if you believe a fumble can happen, a player picks it up and is standing….. but he’s technically down because it was a fumble….

Like… what?

https://twitter.com/_john_shipley/status...915L-t18Xg

I said this earlier in the thread, we had all those Week 1 mistakes and gave the Clots 14 pts and still won. That double fumble would have been the spark that caused our implosion in the past and that 3rd Q was rough but, and this is what Doug and his staff have done that's impressed me most, we managed to turn the game completely around. Put together a tough drive and get 7 and the lead, got a turnover on Clots possession then Etienne breaks off a big one for 7 and its over.

Some people seem to think we will put up 50 every week and I love that optimism but they need to be realistic. There will be bad games and we'll have spells in games we look bad but this team has that ability to make game winning plays and that's the best trait of a team you could wish for.

We aren't going 17-0, we won't dominate every game but the confidence I have for us this year has only grown after seeing how we handled all the good and bad from today's game. Going to be a fun year.

(09-10-2023, 06:43 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 06:08 PM)NCJag Wrote: Checked out the Clots board post game. They’re all pretty livid calling Cisco a headhunter and calling for a fine due to a “dirty” hit on Richardson at the end of the game. Anyone see what the heck they’re talking about?

Lol nope

(09-10-2023, 06:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We won by 10. We're all drunk or tipsy armchair coaches or positional coaches now. Lolololol.

I would agree but it happens at the first play of the game

simple sucky bad teams find ways to lose, good teams find ways to win even when they don't play thier best football. Jags turned ball over today, and it cost them 14 points,yet we found a way to win.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 07:25 PM by nejagsfan.)

(09-10-2023, 07:04 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 07:01 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: What ever dude...I could honestly care less...it was one play from a rookie who is in his first NFL game...I'm smart enough not to be calling for his head over one play....as he came back to score us a TD and put us in the lead....I honestly thought the play should have been over... it wasn't so what we win that all

So me calling you out on a bad understanding of rules after you call people dumb for not understanding the rules is ‘calling for his head’?  Too funny.
Pay attention dude.... people were calling for his head never wanting to see him on the field again after the play.... apparently you have have a problem understanding or reading the message board....and I don't think I called anyone dumb

(09-10-2023, 07:04 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 06:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good lord.

You really don’t know ball if you believe a fumble can happen, a player picks it up and is standing….. but he’s technically down because it was a fumble….

Like… what?

https://twitter.com/_john_shipley/status...915L-t18Xg

I said this earlier in the thread, we had all those Week 1 mistakes and gave the Clots 14 pts and still won. That double fumble would have been the spark that caused our implosion in the past and that 3rd Q was rough but, and this is what Doug and his staff have done that's impressed me most, we managed to turn the game completely around. Put together a tough drive and get 7 and the lead, got a turnover on Clots possession then Etienne breaks off a big one for 7 and its over.

Some people seem to think we will put up 50 every week and I love that optimism but they need to be realistic. There will be bad games and we'll have spells in games we look bad but this team has that ability to make game winning plays and that's the best trait of a team you could wish for.

We aren't going 17-0, we won't dominate every game but the confidence I have for us this year has only grown after seeing how we handled all the good and bad from today's game. Going to be a fun year.

That's all I was trying to say to the people who are losing their [BLEEP] all game....but I'm not passionate for saying it

(09-10-2023, 07:02 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Glad the Jags won - it was a LOT closer than I expected, or the final score reflected.

I hope Bigsby learns from this game that you keep playing until the whistle blows. 

I'm chalking this one up to it being the first game of the season - I think they'll settle down and play more consistently as time goes on. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walker got a sack today! I was happy to see it . . . we need to see a lot more from him than we have so far, but he got a sack today.

We doubled the spread.  Met my expectations.

I figured 31 to 17 initially and it was close. If you erase the defensive TD they gave up they surpassed my expectations.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The team fought hard in a game in which they faced adversity. I’d take that any day of the week. Lots of players played well and that return by Swagney was worth the price of admission by itself. OMG that guy is lightning in a bottle.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(09-10-2023, 08:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...40040?s=20

Yea I saw that, he was really motoring. Not many on our team could have done that. He also didn't just block but served some pancakes..
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 09:13 PM by homebiscuit.)

(09-10-2023, 08:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...40040?s=20

Holy cow. 

Thank you, Doug Pederson, thank you.

(09-10-2023, 09:04 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

Yea I saw that, he was really motoring. Not many on our team could have done that. He also didn't just block but served some pancakes..

Yeah, buddy. He cooked on past knowing he was getting ready to lay it out. That's teamwork.

I saw that in real time...dude is fast