Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The Official Schedule Release Thread***

Quote:Settle down, little guy. Everything is going to be fine. The jags will win, I promise.

:thanks:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the order we play these games?

No Sir, you are not. If I was a season ticket holdet I'd care, but I am more or less like, bring it on! We aint never scared. This is most definately the unrealistic homer in me, but I feel we can win 10 games and sneak into the playoffs
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

So the Ponce De Leon Cup can be settled in the first two weeks of the season.  And I don't feel confident at all.  This team has broken me.

Breaking the schedule into quarters

I see the following as minimum wins

Q1: 1-3

Q2: 2-2

Q3:1-3

Q4: 1-3

At least 5-11 record + 1 upset sprinkled in there so 6-10.

We better hope for significant improvement and production across the board or else we won't even be in the wildcard picture. It's time to see this potential become production. Don't think this is our year, but we should see signs pointing to a division title in 2016.

Quote:It's unbelievable the amount of Panthers fans I see on Twitter already claiming that they are 1-0... here's what they had to say..

Panthers vs Jaguars week 1? That's a little early for a bye week isn't it?

The Panthers play the Jaguars Week 1...LOL that's a win

The @Panthers starting off with a (hopeful) dominant win at @Jaguars to get the season started. A nice tune-up game.

Jaguars week 1 @Panthers we 1-0 already

Nothing makes me smile more than the @Panthers opening with the mighty Jacksonville Jaguars.

Wow... The amount of disrespect and lack of knowledge of some of these people is ridiculous. It's going to be a good game and obviously I hope we win.
Granted, we love what we did in last year's draft and have done a lot in free agency.

But what have we done to earn the respect from other team's fans?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I like the way the schedule looks, particularly the pre-bye week schedule.

The Panthers, Panthers, Dolphins, Texans, Bills, Bucs and Colts are all winnable.  They're games we should compete in.

Jets don't scare me a bit.

Nor do the Chargers if they dump Rivers.

The tacks are the tacks.
What in the recent history against the Colts suggests to you it's a winnable game, or that it will even be competitive?

Yes, we're likely a better team this year than last, but still.

If the Chargers dump Rivers, it is most certainly a winnable game.

But where does he go?  If he goes to Tennessee as the current speculation has it, those Tennessee games get a lot tougher.

The Jets should be tough defensively.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2015, 05:26 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Pretty much what a lot of us feel about the schedule. It would be one thing if we got the Bucs and Tenn for our 1st homestand, but Car and MIami are no slouch and can give our team fits. Then you finish that with back-to-back on the road against Indy/NE.

I mean, seriously. One bad break each in those home games that leads to a loss and we're looking at 0-4 before that stretch of having only one game at home until week 11.

That, folks...is ROUGH.
I agree with this.

While both Carolina and Miami are winnable, they will be tough opponents.

Carolina has a strong defense, and Miami may be stronger defensively than they were last year with Suh.

It's almost as if the schedule is designed to weed us out early.

Quote:[Image: hERnTEc.png]

Smile

tacks @ Tampa Bay week 1 will be interesting, as will Pitt @ NE.
Looking at the schedule, barring anything unforeseen (trades, injuries, retirements), which games, going in, do the Jaguars appear to have the edge at QB, assuming moderate improvement from Bortles?

I see Tampa, Houston X 2, Buffalo, the NYJ, Tennessee X2.

I'm interested to see how your young offense and especially OL will do against a great Carolina front 7 and then next week against what is also supposed to be a good Dolphins defense around Suh. I expect a defensive battle and low score games. Both games are winnable and I think you should win at least one at home.

In the next two games I think you will be competitive, but can't see a win at New England and Indy. Hopefully you can prove me wrong, because I don't like either of them.

Next three games before bye are all winnable, but it will again be a challenge for your OL playing against Watt and Bills DL back to back.

Second half of the season right now seems a bit easier for me, but of course a lot of things can change between now and November. I think your offense should be improved by then and defense will also be able to keep up with all opponents. One of the non-Seahawks games I'm looking forward the most this season is Falcons@Jaguars. A battle of our former defensive coordinators. I was hoping this game will be late in the season, so both Gus Bradley and Dan Quinn will have enough time to improve their teams and I'm glad they schedule it for week 15.

I think best case scenario is we're 3-2 after week 5. Our two home games and at TB are all winnable. And we have to win them, because the season can go down the drain quickly if we don't. We can't even give up one home game. I don't think we have much of a chance winning at NE or Indy. So dropping even one at home in the first two weeks would put us in a 1-3 hole off the bat and we'd have very limited room for error after. If we lose to TB after that all hope is lost. But I'm probably regurgitating stuff that's been said ad nauseum.

Anyway, Bortles v. Winston will be interesting to watch. Robinson v. Evans too. 

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

The jags sometimes play better on the road.I potentially see  7 wins.

Looks like a potential 7 win team.

;

;

Quote:Anything less than seven home Monday night games and I'll be disappointed.

I'm disappointed.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Looks like a potential 7 win team.

There goes that "P" word again.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:For some reason, I'm not extremely scared of the Patriots... I just feel like our defensive line can get get Brady a little out of rhythm early in the game and hopefully the offense can control the ball and eat the clock.
I think if it drizzles a little bit in Foxboro, we will beat the Cheaters.  Remember, Tom Brady's little girly hands cannot grip a properly-inflated wet football.  He's a fumble machine without his deflation needle. 

Young team with 3 game road swing and the London travel?  Yeah going to be a rough year.  I don't care about the record again this year.  What will bother me is if the team doesn't have an arrow pointing in the upward direction.  Last year was a push and things are getting sorted out.

This year even with the FA Targets and the potential of the draft, this rebuild has a long way to go. I'm not going to set high bar expectations for this team.  They have their work cut out for them in so many ways.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Can we just win on opening weekend?

Hasn't happened since 2011....

W

L

L

L

W

W

W

W

L

W

L

L

W

W

L

L

8-8.

Quote:W

L

L

L

W

W

W

W

L

W

L

L

W

W

L

L

8-8.
DiRocco has us starting 5-3 too. Man that would be so awesome.

Still tough to project when the draft hasn't happened yet. If we get Cooper or Williams, I think that would help more so than if we got Fowler or Beasley.

If the Jags are going to improve on last years record, I believe at least 2 things have to happen.

First, the obvious, Bortles has to improve, and it starts with cutting down on his INTs.

Second, and it doesn't get talked about much, Bradley has to improve on his game day coaching, sideline decisions and half-time adjustments.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.