Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting quotes from the players

Quote:I thought for sure after 2 offseasons we would see an actual NFL football team on the field. Don't you homers get it? Watch the other crappy teams in the league. They occasionaly move the ball on offense and make stops on defense. Our team goes out there and gets whooped every single play. It's not even a football game most weeks, it's a massacre. It's like watching Alabama play a high school team.

This had me laughing.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The lack of improvement thus far is concerning. Good for you if you are happy with the progress so far.

Quote:Yes it is too much.

Take a look at week 1.  The Jaguars pretty much had everybody shocked in the first half, and showed glimpses of what is being built.  In the second half, at least part of the meltdown occurred because of injuries and/or lack of experience.

Week 2 - The Jaguars are expecting and possibly planned for RG3 for the whole game.  Put a different QB in with different tendancies and the game plan goes out the window.  Also keep in mind that this is a very young team, and they still need to learn to adjust and adapt to circumstances.

We are only going into week 3 of a 16 game season.  Things will change.  It is what it is.

More like we saw glimpses of a fluke, what we've the 2nd half and last week is indicative of what the jaguars have been, and continue to be.  

Quote:I wonder who doesn't know the playbook.

Bryant and Clemons have played in the defense for years, so it's unlikely it's either of them.

Marks has played too well for me to think it's him.

It's doubtful Miller would make that specific criticism and he not know the playbook.

Alualu, Branch, Davis are all in their second year in the defense.

Hood, maybe?

One of the LBs or DBs?

I've been seeing a lot of missed plays and tackles by Telvin Smith, Winston Guy, Josh Evans
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 07:16 PM by foo895.)

Quote:It's interesting to view fan perspective on this board. I consider myself as an optimistic "glass half-full" kind of person. Quite a few on here are clearly pessamistic "glass half-empty" types that want success "right now". Rather than watch how things are coming together for this team, they would rather complain about how they don't win "right now" or complain about "how" the team loses a game.

It's going to get better.
Not trying to argue or disprove your statement but this is the same mindset I had at the beginning of the Gene Smith era.

A lot of us did. We said be patient, it takes time, youngest roster in the league, rebuilding, four year plan etc. That clearly didn't pan out and here we are, still waiting. It's no wonder this fan base has lost it's patience.

There's no reason to think this team will get better until we see it and from what I have seen, it doesn't look like it's getting better.

I truly hope I'm wrong.

Quote:It's interesting to view fan perspective on this board. I consider myself as an optimistic "glass half-full" kind of person. Quite a few on here are clearly pessamistic "glass half-empty" types that want success "right now". Rather than watch how things are coming together for this team, they would rather complain about how they don't win "right now" or complain about "how" the team loses a game.

Its not the end result that has alot of fans disillusioned with this franchise, it's the product on the field.

We lost plenty of games in the Del Rio era, but most of the games were competitive affairs. As a fan, I'd watch the games with a feeling of suspense and excitement because the outcome was uncertain. Yea, the losses were disappointing, but watching the game was still an enjoyable, emotional experience.

These days the team isn't even competitive most weeks. The team is thoroughly dominated in all phases of the game for 4 quarters and the final scores don't even look like NFL scores but more like an early season college mismatch. It is mind blowing that out of the entire talent pool of the NFL, our Jags have managed to cobble together the worst combination of players at every single position group.

I'm not even asking for wins-I mean how dare a fan of a professional sports team expect a win every so often?- all I want is to watch my favorite team involved in an actual COMPETITIVE game with an uncertain outcome every so often instead of the weekly butt-whooping we subject ourselves to. I'm a FOOTBALL fan, not a sadist, although this team is beginning to make me wonder...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:The lack of improvement thus far is concerning. Good for you if you are happy with the progress so far.

Happy is not the right word, but some of us do understand what it takes to rebuild a roster essentially from scratch and sometimes that means getting crushed in games.  '96 was an anomaly and we had twice the number of draft picks those first two years.  Typically it takes longer.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Thats an easy statement because it can't get worse.  I call that reality.

The words might seem like an "easy statement", but the fact is true.  Far too many fans of the game are pessamistic when their team isn't playing good.  Yes, it can get worse and quite frankley, there is a chance that it will.  I call that reality.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You mean Guy

This was my guess based on the last two weeks.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 07:21 PM by badger.)

Quote:The words might seem like an "easy statement", but the fact is true. Far too many fans of the game are pessamistic when their team isn't playing good. Yes, it can get worse and quite frankley, there is a chance that it will. I call that reality.
It could get worse? So 11 sacks allowed this week and losing 50-6 is a possibility. Now that is being pessimistic.

Come on. The game last week is as bad as it gets. We had 1 total yd mid way through the 2nd qtr

Quote:Its not the end result that has alot of fans disillusioned with this franchise, it's the product on the field.

We lost plenty of games in the Del Rio era, but most of the games were competitive affairs. As a fan, I'd watch the games with a feeling of suspense and excitement because the outcome was uncertain. Yea, the losses were disappointing, but watching the game was still an enjoyable, emotional experience.

These days the team isn't even competitive most weeks. The team is thoroughly dominated in all phases of the game for 4 quarters and the final scores don't even look like NFL scores but more like an early season college mismatch. It is mind blowing that out of the entire talent pool of the NFL, our Jags have managed to cobble together the worst combination of players at every single position group.

I'm not even asking for wins-I mean how dare a fan of a professional sports team expect a win every so often?- all I want is to watch my favorite team involved in an actual COMPETITIVE game with an uncertain outcome every so often instead of the weekly butt-whooping we subject ourselves to. I'm a FOOTBALL fan, not a sadist, although this team is beginning to make me wonder...

I can accept and understand that.  However, the only "domination for 4 quarters" has only happened in one game after two games.  We're in week three and it's going to get better.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The words might seem like an "easy statement", but the fact is true. Far too many fans of the game are pessamistic when their team isn't playing good. Yes, it can get worse and quite frankley, there is a chance that it will. I call that reality.

How can it possibly get worse? We lose by 30 points once a month! I don't want to imagine what worse than this is. Triple digit scores by the opposition? Surrendering after halftime? Giving up 1000 yards in a game?

Message Board fans know more than the players and coaches and what ever the game film may show. Come on CSIII!!
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I can accept and understand that. However, the only "domination for 4 quarters" has only happened in one game after two games. We're in week three and it's going to get better.

I'm talking about the last 3 years or so. We have stunk it up almost every single week for the last few years.

Quote:It's interesting to view fan perspective on this board.  I consider myself as an optimistic "glass half-full" kind of person.  Quite a few on here are clearly pessamistic "glass half-empty" types that want success "right now".  Rather than watch how things are coming together for this team, they would rather complain about how they don't win "right now" or complain about "how" the team loses a game.

They are not complaining because they are losing, they are complaining because we are getting beaten like a dead horse, esp by a team that was on a 9 game losing streak and lost both their starting QB and WR.

We know this team is young, with a lot of new players, and isn't going to win many games this year, but is it too much to ask to at least put up a fight out there.

Can they get past the 50 yd line more than a time or 2 the whole game?

Getting beat is one thing, but this team is getting beat, kicked and having their lunch money taken from them and they aren't doing a single thing about it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:It could get worse? So 11 sacks allowed this week and losing 50-6 is a possibility. Now that is being pessimistic.

Come on. The game last week is as bad as it gets. We had 1 total yd mid way through the 2nd qtr

No, I'm being realistic.  This is a young team and a new team.  It takes time for them to correct prior mistakes.  Perhaps I didn't choose my words correctly.

I'm not being pessamistic, but the chance of things getting worse refers to injuries.  There is always a chance that it happens to a key player at any time during a game.

Success? Don't talk about success! You kidding me success? I hope we just play competitive here."

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:Not trying to argue or disprove your statement but this is the same mindset I had at the beginning of the Gene Smith era.

A lot of us did. We said be patient, it takes time, youngest roster in the league, rebuilding, four year plan etc. That clearly didn't pan out and here we are, still waiting. It's no wonder this fan base has lost it's patience.

There's no reason to think this team will get better until we see it and from what I have seen, it doesn't look like it's getting better.

I truly hope I'm wrong.

This is how I am as well so you aren't the only one.

I was all about how much better Gene was than Shack and how much better his picks were. I defended him often those first few years. Then it became clear that I was wrong, Gene wasn't any better than what we had. He was part of the original problem too with the Shack Era and we never should have kept him. He should have went right out the door with Shack when he left.

Caldwell gave us reason for optimism because of how he did certain things and the simple fact that he was something different.

If Blake turns out as I expect, we'll be fine. Gene blew any chance of success with the Gabbert debacle. That was the nail in the coffin.

Quote:They are not complaining because they are losing, they are complaining because we are getting beaten like a dead horse, esp by a team that was on a 9 game losing streak and lost both their starting QB and WR.

We know this team is young, with a lot of new players, and isn't going to win many games this year, but is it too much to ask to at least put up a fight out there.

Can they get past the 50 yd line more than a time or 2 the whole game?

Getting beat is one thing, but this team is getting beat, kicked and having their lunch money taken from them and they aren't doing a single thing about it.

I don't see how this is so hard for some to understand. Sundays game was a complete mess from top to bottom. The team looked untalented and poorly coached. There's no excuse for that at this stage. We're in year two. This should be where we start to see improvement and I hope we see start to see it next week. That first quarter of the Iggles game will start to look like a complete anomaly otherwise.

This is the Jaguars coaching staff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivCgxE31gY

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]