Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey has been the best CB in the NFL this past month...

Krazy is right, he's definitely not a teal colored Jags type guy, he's the opposite.....he's typically one of the more annoying people on the board.  Sorry Krazy

So lets get this right, you've got Hail and Krazy against you in this thread. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Krazy is right, he's definitely not a teal colored Jags type guy, he's the opposite.....he's typically one of the more annoying people on the board.  Sorry Krazy

So lets get this right, you've got Hail and Krazy against you in this thread. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know you are in trouble if that is happening...

Ramsey has been a stud at the CB position as a rookie. It really looks like the sky is the limit for him. Time will tell but what he has shown us so far is nothing but promising and refreshing. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Krazy is right, he's definitely not a teal colored Jags type guy, he's the opposite.....he's typically one of the more annoying people on the board. Sorry Krazy

It's pretty damning. Haha.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016, 02:08 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

Quote:Krazy is right, he's definitely not a teal colored Jags type guy, he's the opposite.....he's typically one of the more annoying people on the board. Sorry Krazy

I just tell it how it is, and how I feel. After as pathetic as this team has been for so long I give them no benefits of any doubt.

But Ramsey is clearly IMO the best rookie corner to come out since I can remember and looks easily primed to be an all pro and future hall of famer. He pops off the screen watching him both vs the pass and vs the run. He plays the run like kam chancellor. He is as long as the top tier stud wrs. His make up speed is special. I love him!

Quote:I just tell it how it is, and how I feel. After as pathetic as this team has been for so long I give them no benefits of any doubt.

But Ramsey is clearly IMO the best rookie corner to come out since I can remember and looks easily primed to be an all pro and future hall of famer. He pops off the screen watching him both vs the pass and vs the run. He plays the run like kam chancellor. He is as long as the top tier stud wrs. His make up speed is special. I love him!
Since Patrick Peterson? I think that's a fair assessment. Peterson has been really good.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Since Patrick Peterson? I think that's a fair assessment. Peterson has been really good.

Certainly a fair assessment. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Where is KYJaggy?

Don't throw it to #20 Wink

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Don't throw it to #20 Wink

You mean "throw his way if you want to."
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Where is KYJaggy?

Going back over Ramsey's spider chart and SPARQ numbers.

He is waiting for twitter to give him some more fodder for us on the board here. Once he exhausts all of that, argues their point for a little while and gets stumped again he will disappear for a while and repeat that process.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016, 07:12 PM by Bullseye.)

Amazingly, I haven't seen this posted anywhere in this thread or on the board, so I'll just put this here...

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...23e4e7b853

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

DROY no matter who wins, he's my DROY.

and other than a few cowgirls, I would put him in top 5 ROY.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016, 08:01 PM by Sosa.)

Ramsey hasn't had a bad game. He made some mistakes, but he's never gotten beat bad or given up huge chunks of yardage consistently. He's constantly going up against #1 WR's.

I am probably done posting here, at least in the Jaguars forum but maybe period. Maybe I'll post some draft takes or something, but as far as on the field opinions I am probably done. People here aren't interested in the truth, they just want their biases confirmed and anyone who disagrees is shouted down by the teal glasses mob neanderthals. You all know me, I am Mr. naunce. You really think the totality of the reason I think Ramsey was below average for a bit over half of the season is based off of two simple stats? 

Of course not, everyone knows eyes is the first tool and then I supplement with a multitude of things. You all claim to do it too, but you don't. Because if you did you wouldn't claim that Ramsey played great and shut down Amari in the Raiders game, for example. My eyes told me that despite only giving up 1 catch to Amari, he also got beat by him...a lot. A plethora of extremely respected people who are paid professionally to break down film like Andy Benoit or Louis Riddick (and plenty more) pointed out that Amari burned Ramsey several times too (they also pointed out Holmes shaking him badly once for what would have been a gimme TD). So did lesser respected guys like Jax's own Gene Frenette. But he only gave up 1 catch so all of the sudden your eyes told you Ramsey played great against Oakland when he didn't. He just got lucky. 

But I can't use that for ammunition in a debate cause Achilles, and a few others, will just brush it off and attack you for parroting someone else's opinion. Because supplementing your own opinion with other experts facts and opinions is somehow a bad thing. Except that they don't actually think it's a bad thing, or they would be shouting down the original post of the thread that coincidentally was also parroted from twitter, from a PFF twitter account no less! They just want to bash something that doesn't line up with their teal glasses mob mentality. If it's a parroted opinion that lines up with their own mentality it is completely fine.

I could have pointed out the NFL Next Gen Stat about tight coverage. It uses the same shoulder pad chip technology that posts the same cool visuals about acceleration, top speed, ,distance traveled, and route paths that everyone likes. Well it also produces a really cool stat that I believe they call tight coverage %, but it could be close coverage or good coverage I forget exactly it's been a few weeks since I listened to the breakdown. It shows how close a cornerback and wide receiver are to each other at the point of the catch or target. If it is 3 feet or less it is counted as tight coverage, if it's farther then it's not. Really cool use of technology to produce a useful stat to judge what is probably the hardest position to quantify. Well, Ramsey is DEAD LAST among qualified rookies in that stat (well he was when I heard that stat a few weeks ago, maybe he's gotten better during this streak he has had...but no one is arguing how he has played since the Lions game). Tavon Young is leading that stat by the way, and also has very nice traditional stats too. 

Can you imagine if I tried to come on here and use that stat to argue that a 4th round rookie most people have never even heard of was actually playing better than Ramsey? These same people who resort to constant attacking of something as useful and mind numblingly simple as a spider chart graph. Nah, no point in bothering to use something like Next Gen Stats around people like that. (They also don't dislike spider charts or think that they are not useful or overly complicated, they dislike that it helps easily show how badly their GM blew it by drafting a guy who is so clearly a terrible athlete when other guys who had great scores at the same position were right there. If Dave had taken an athletic guy with a nice spider chart they would like them, no doubt.)

So yes there was actually plenty more ammo to show that Ramsey had a below average first half, but no one cares about it...unless it lines up with the proper hive mentality. 

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2016, 08:19 AM by RicoTx.)

Boo-hoo

Your 'takes' are just parroting stats (your end-all).

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

And with all of that said, adios. See y'all in the NFL at large or draft forums from time to time, maybe.

Quote:I could have pointed out the NFL Next Gen Stat about tight coverage. It uses the same shoulder pad chip technology that posts the same cool visuals about acceleration, top speed, ,distance traveled, and route paths that everyone likes. Well it also produces a really cool stat that I believe they call tight coverage %, but it could be close coverage or good coverage I forget exactly it's been a few weeks since I listened to the breakdown. It shows how close a cornerback and wide receiver are to each other at the point of the catch or target. If it is 3 feet or less it is counted as tight coverage, if it's farther then it's not. Really cool use of technology to produce a useful stat to judge what is probably the hardest position to quantify. Well, Ramsey is DEAD LAST among qualified rookies in that stat (well he was when I heard that stat a few weeks ago, maybe he's gotten better during this streak he has had...but no one is arguing how he has played since the Lions game). Tavon Young is leading that stat by the way, and also has very nice traditional stats too.

Can you imagine if I tried to come on here and use that stat to argue that a 4th round rookie most people have never even heard of was actually playing better than Ramsey? These same people who resort to constant attacking of something as useful and mind numblingly simple as a spider chart graph. Nah, no point in bothering to use something like Next Gen Stats around people like that. (They also don't dislike spider charts or think that they are not useful or overly complicated, they dislike that it helps easily show how badly their GM blew it by drafting a guy who is so clearly a terrible athlete when other guys who had great scores at the same position were right there. If Dave had taken an athletic guy with a nice spider chart they would like them, no doubt.)

So yes there was actually plenty more ammo to show that Ramsey had a below average first half, but no one cares about it...unless it lines up with the proper hive mentality.

See ya.

people here ar very interested in the truth. We just don't take what you say as gospel. Can't wait for your draft takes on pass rushers having ankle flexion, though. For example, the long touchdown that Dorset had against us... at least according to boselli and lageman on the radio show, was not on Ramsey but on the safety. I guess it depends on who you trust more - PFF guys who rush to give grades less than 1 day after the game was played, or two guys who watch jaguars film consistently and understand their defense and concepts?

I went to the raiders game, and I remember specifically watching Ramsey VS amari... he shut him down most of the game. In fact, many times Carr wouldn't even look in Ramsey's direction. Maybe you can call that lucky, but I honestly don't care what you call it. Sometimes the receiver will have a corner beat, but I wonder how many times a corner like Patrick Peterson gets "beat" but the pass rush gets to the qb first?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>