Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seattle had the leagues #1 ranked defense in 2013, so did people overrate Bradley?

Quote:Well, true, thats why he got fired. 

While the Vikings 5-10-1 season was far from the complete fault of Leslie Frazier,  in truth it was more difficult to make a case to retain Frazier than to fire him.   Having said that,  Rick Spielman can't afford to make a mistake regarding the Vikings long term QB situation from this point forward or he could easily be looking for work.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 05:30 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:Caldwell's first draft seems promising but we're going to need to see continued excellence, not just one good looking draft.

... but that hasn't been what TMD has said. He isn't waiting to use whatever he wants against Bradley or Caldwell. Using your argument, shouldn't you wait to decide either way?

Quote:... but that hasn't been what TMD has said. He isn't waiting to use whatever he wants against Bradley or Caldwell. Using your argument, shouldn't you wait to decide either way?

Maybe I haven't been following closely enough, but my impression was that TMD basically said we can't draw overly positive conclusions about what's going on here yet while most everyone else seems to espouse the idea of automatically assuming things will be great if we haven't yet seen evidence that things absolutely will be bad.

I think Caldwell is promising so far and Bradley looks to be just a guy. That's fine, though, if Caldwell can build a good roster we can upgrade the coaching talent down the road.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 05:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Maybe I haven't been following closely enough, but my impression was that TMD basically said we can't draw overly positive conclusions about what's going on here yet while most everyone else seems to espouse the idea of automatically assuming things will be great if we haven't yet seen evidence that things absolutely will be bad.

I think Caldwell is promising so far and Bradley looks to be just a guy. That's fine, though, if Caldwell can build a good roster we can upgrade the coaching talent down the road.

No, the above seems like you have a good understanding of the argument/ discussion

Quote:Of course not. Not exactly the same exact comparison/ variables either. Barry Switzer won with Jimmy Johnson's team shortly after Jimmy left.....but it was steadily downhill after that for the Cowboys. 

Chip Kelly managed to have success with his new team already. Gus Bradley's had success in SEattle but on his new team had the worst results on defense in team history. One could argue that if Bradley was as good as hyped, the defense might have seen at least some overachievement. 

Chip Kelly has an MVP candidate at QB.. the best RB in the NFL and talented WRs. 

Quote:Chip Kelly has an MVP candidate at QB.. 

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

If Foles ever got that award, he should be arrested for grand theft and cede the award to its righteous owner, Kelly, himself. 

Quote: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

If Foles ever got that award, he should be arrested for grand theft and cede the award to its righteous owner, Kelly, himself. 

Didn't realize that Chip Kelly was a player.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Chip Kelly has an MVP candidate at QB.. the best RB in the NFL and talented WRs.
Hey, come on. Get aboard the TMD train. Chip Kelly invented pro football. Where you been?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Maybe I haven't been following closely enough, but my impression was that TMD basically said we can't draw overly positive conclusions about what's going on here yet while most everyone else seems to espouse the idea of automatically assuming things will be great if we haven't yet seen evidence that things absolutely will be bad.

"Bradley looks to be just a guy". Glad to see you using the same insightful analysis you did when touting Gabbert. Truth is, you don't have a clue.

Quote:Hey, come on. Get aboard the TMD train. Chip Kelly RE-invented pro football. Where you been?

fixed

Quote:fixed
Yeah, having them eat fruit is cutting edge stuff.

If you were paying attention, you would see TMD saying Bradley is nothing special and our offensive/defensive coordinators are bad.

Quote:If you were paying attention, you would see TMD saying Bradley is nothing special and our offensive/defensive coordinators are bad.

Which is pretty much what Oklahomie said.

To be honest, I'm not sure why Bradley is 'just a guy'.  He's not elevated the talent of this roster because there is not much there to elevate.  Worst roster in the league.  Mostly because of what Gene Smith left behind.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:If you were paying attention, you would see TMD saying Bradley is nothing special and our offensive/defensive coordinators are bad.

Which is what Oklahomie said and the above is also true....at least at this point. 

Oklahomie was saying we should reserve judgement. TMD has his opinion formed and will argue it for the next 8 months (minimum).

Quote:I guess you cannot comprehend. 

Initially I wanted the Jags to pretty much tank and get the 1st pick. When they started to get something going, I was happy they were winning, and would have liked to seen that continue, but as usual they wind up stalling, and lose their last 3. 

The idea is to either have finished with the top pick in the draft, or overachieve to a 6, 7 win team. They wound up right in the middle of those 2 extremes as they usually do, and that generally is of little benefit. 

Not sure why this concept is so hard to understand for some of you. 

I comprehend just fine, it is you that has a hard time grasping reality.

When we still had a shot to win 7 games, you said that winning those games would have been stupid on the jags part. That is fact.

So now you want to pretend that you wanted those wins. The only thing that shows is that you were either just babbling idiot then or a babbling idiot now. Either way it just proves you are nothing more than a babbling idiot.

If you were truly intelligent and had clue as to what you were babbling about, you would have been advocating those wins at the time. Any moron can change their mind after the fact, and only a really dense moron would be dumb enough to change their mind and then pretend like the were for it all along after putting their original idiotic ideas out there in writing for everyone to see.

So basically TMD, you are going from criticizing Gus for trying to win 5-7 games during the season because you said those wins were meaningless, to now criticizing Gus for not winning 5-7 games last season because that shows he is not a very good coach.

So basically you created a generic criticism that applies regardless of the games' outcomes.

It's like you have a pathological need to criticize.

Quote:"Bradley looks to be just a guy". Glad to see you using the same insightful analysis you did when touting Gabbert. Truth is, you don't have a clue.

We're so lucky to have such an insightful chap like you around. You always add so much to the conversation. Thanks for blessing this board with your presence.

Quote:We're so lucky to have such an insightful chap like you around. You always add so much to the conversation. Thanks for blessing this board with your presence.
You're welcome. Someone has to keep Yahoos like you and TMD honest.

He at least attempts to offer a reason behind his expected negativity. You just throw stuff out there to see what sticks. Like TMD Jr.

Like this board needs that.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014, 02:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So basically TMD, you are going from criticizing Gus for trying to win 5-7 games during the season because you said those wins were meaningless, to now criticizing Gus for not winning 5-7 games last season because that shows he is not a very good coach.

So basically you created a generic criticism that applies regardless of the games' outcomes.

It's like you have a pathological need to criticize.

Not critiiczing Gus for "trying" to win anything....lol.....the criticism comes from not succeeding in overachieving. Heck, I could have been Jags coach and "tried to win 5-7 games" too! Laughing Laughing Laughing

The way I see it, the Jags were better off either totally flaming out this year and getting the #1 overall, or overachieving and really finishing strong to close out the year with 6 or 7 wins. As usual, the Jags do what the Jags do....& wound up stuck in the middle. Purgatory. SO they don't get the best of what either world would have offered.