Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD wants a long-term contract

Quote:APPARENTLY HIS OPPORTUNITY TO FISH AROUND THE LEAGUE FOR OFFERS MUST HAVE COME UP SHORT...SHOCKER
LOL.  It doesn't start until March.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Some GM out there is going to cough up 5 or 6 mil for a 2 year contract with a 50% guarantee and MJD will jump on it and never look back IMO. 
I mostly agree with you but I think we are going to find that MJD is not nearly as loyal to us as we are to him...meaning he will take much less than the 5-6 million deal you stated with the opportunity to land someplace like New England where they will utilize him as a utility/OW as opposed to a feature back.

Quote:I mostly agree with you but I think we are going to find that MJD is not nearly as loyal to us as we are to him...meaning he will take much less than the 5-6 million deal you stated with the opportunity to land someplace like New England where they will utilize him as a utility/OW as opposed to a feature back.
Very possible. 

Quote:I mostly agree with you but I think we are going to find that MJD is not nearly as loyal to us as we are to him...meaning he will take much less than the 5-6 million deal you stated with the opportunity to land someplace like New England where they will utilize him as a utility/OW as opposed to a feature back.
I agree with this mindset.  MJD is as loyal as his agent and his bank account will permit him to be in this situation.  However, I also feel that the team is going to put a fair offer on the table as part of this process, and it will be up to him to decide what matters most to him. 

I can go either way on extending him.  I think the team will be more than reasonable in trying to retain him as a role player on the roster.  If he's realistic, and recognizes he's not a feature back any longer, and his preference is to remain here for the duration of his career, I could easily see him taking on a role similar to the one Fred Taylor did when MJD was drafted.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote: 

I can go either way on extending him. 

Shocker!!!!

Mr Fence strikes again... :woot: 

That dog won't hunt and he knows it!

The "news" isn't even intended for Caldwell, it's purpose is to inform other GM's in advance that he'll be available on March 11.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

He will go wherever they pay him the most money. 

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2014, 07:10 PM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:He will go wherever they pay him the most money. 
Don't hold your breath....you may find you love him a lot more than he loves you...

Quote:Shocker!!!!

Mr Fence strikes again... :woot:
I know reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for you.  It's hard to follow logic while avoiding splatter burns from the deep frier.

My point is pretty simple.  If he's willing to accept a reasonable deal to remain a Jaguar, I'm fine with him staying.  If he isn't, then it's time to move on.  It's really not that complicated for most people to understand.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm thinking the dolphins hand him a 3 year probably 10-12 mill deal

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 08:27 PM by giambi254.)

I would let him walk, because that is business. It doesn't help that a fellow 28 year old high profile RB named Chris Johnson, will not help his case. Having a deep RB draft class due to the underclass does not help MJD stay in Jacksonville.

If that is the case, then thank you MJD for everything you have done in JAX. The best memory I have of you is the whoopin' you and Fred Taylor gave the Colts in 2006. *cheers*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmQAYpeU0Hk

Quote:Long term cheap deal sure Big Grin
yeah exactly, how long is "long term" because if we're talking in running back years a 4 year contract would be "long" and if they make it a low pay, but long paycheck I wouldn't mind if its evenly through out the life of the contract so if he declines substantially we wouldn't be taking a huge cap hit at the end if we get rid of him. Plus if he ends up over performing in the middle years of it we might be able to trade him for something.  You never know.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]