Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD wants a long-term contract

Per Mark Long:

Early indications are MJD wants a long-term contract & doesn't want to settle for a 2-year, incentive-laden deal

See ya!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All aging RBs want a long term contract, doesn't mean they are going to get it. 

Wow, I didn't think he would try to pull something like that. Nobody will give him a long term deal due to the many injuries he's had the last few years and decreasing numbers (which isn't all his fault lol O-line and play calling *cough* *cough*). Sad to hear this cause I would have liked to bring him back...

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Enjoy Oakland bro.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Wow, I didn't think he would try to pull something like that. Nobody will give him a long term deal due to the many injuries he's had the last few years and decreasing numbers (which isn't all his fault lol O-line and play calling *cough* *cough*). Sad to hear this cause I would have liked to bring him back...

GO JAGS!

You didn't think he would pull something like that? Everbody was pretending that MJD was buying into Gus' system and would take a play cut to pay for him. It's all about the money.

Of course MJD is gonna want a long term deal first, if nobody offers him that he will settle for a shorter deal

Every player wants a long term deal thats not any breaking news

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

If Caldwell gives it to him, its a stupid move. 

Quote:If Caldwell gives it to him, its a stupid move. 

I guess he will get it then cause according to you all Caldwells moves are stupid. :teehee:

Quote:I guess he will get it then cause according to you all Caldwells moves are stupid. :teehee:

Either this is joking or simply patently false. I've given Caldwell credit for lotsa moves most recently the Marks acquisition and recent contract extension. 

Quote:You didn't think he would pull something like that? Everbody was pretending that MJD was buying into Gus' system and would take a play cut to pay for him. It's all about the money.

OMG! An agent making the first statement of many more to come. Shocking!

"Pull something like that"? Are you totally new to this professional athletes negotiate contract thing?

Professional football all about the money? No! It's about the love of the game.

That's why you do what you do, isn't it?. You'd do it for free, I'm sure.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You didn't think he would pull something like that? Everbody was pretending that MJD was buying into Gus' system and would take a play cut to pay for him. It's all about the money.
I thought he'd be smarter about it; seeing how he said he wanted to come back and finish his career here. If someone has that kind of wish and hasn't had good seasons the last few, I would think they'd be smarter about the starting negotiations. I'm not surprised by this statement if anyone else said it. But I figured he'd be a little more smooth about it. To me, it was a dumb move. But that's just my two cents. I don't think he'll be a Jag next year.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 01:34 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:OMG! An agent making the first statement of many more to come. Shocking!

"Pull something like that"? Are you totally new to this professional athletes negotiate contract thing?

Professional football all about the money? No! It's about the love of the game.

That's why you do what you do, isn't it?. You'd do it for free, I'm sure.

Thank you, people act like MJD is suppose to just go in there and ask for less money lol, its called negotiating he is gonna ask for more and they are gonna offer less, then you go from there, just like every player in sports.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

MJD won't get a long term contract, just like he didn't get the extension after holding out. If he wants to retire a Jaguar, he better be ready to accept a big pay cut and role change. I don't think any NFL team will sign him for starter money.

I still hope we can keep him though, for cheap.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 02:01 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Per Mark Long:

Early indications are MJD wants a long-term contract & doesn't want to settle for a 2-year, incentive-laden deal

See ya!

The writing was on the wall some time ago.

Had the Jaguars not maintained their idiotic posturing, they would have worked out a trade when Jones-Drew held out. This is basic NFL franchise stuff. The only successful way to follow-through is to deal the unhappy player away. Real NFL franchises know this and don't care to create the air of ill-will between players and management nor see a player known as the face of their franchise one day be treated like a slave the next day.

The marriage was over by the time it ever got to a hold-out. The Jaguars got their contract terms out of Maurice, but they've lost everything.

Instead, the worst franchise in the NFL took a giant, toxic misstep of threatening Jones-Drew with the obsessive fines angle contract language. This kind of badgering, slave v. master ill-will added to the reputation of Jacksonville being nothing more than a last-ditch place for quality free agents to land.

Players are assets above all else. You never allow a solid veteran player to walk without getting something in return. Sure there are circumstances where it is impossible. That's true, but not dealing appropriately with Jones-Drew has now left the franchise empty-handed.

I'm fairly sure when Maurice got hurt, there was a brown-noser's sense of delight among many so called Jaguars fans.

In the end, the dysfunctional Jaguars proved once again they are bush-leaguers, the lore of NFL jousters.

No self-respecting NFL free agent wants risk the same kind of disrespectful treatment the Jaguars' franchise is known for. 

Agents beware. Nothing has really changed in Jacksonville. Take it from a Jaguars' fan. Find a better home for your client.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

I don't think MJD signs with anybody until after the draft.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I really hope MJD doesn't have unrealistic expectations when it comes to his next contract.  If we're not offering him big money, what would make him think any other team would?

Quote:Either this is joking or simply patently false. I've given Caldwell credit for lotsa moves most recently the Marks acquisition and recent contract extension. 
So giving Caldwell credit for the Marks deal is not "lotsa" of credit... shows us the threads and post you've gave Caldwell those "lotsa" of credit you are talking about...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Long term cheap deal sure Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 02:24 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:The writing was on the wall some time ago.

Had the Jaguars not maintained their idiotic posturing, they would have worked out a trade when Jones-Drew held out. This is basic NFL franchise stuff. The only successful way to follow-through is to deal the unhappy player away. Real NFL franchises know this and don't care to create the air of ill-will between players and management nor see a player known as the face of their franchise one day be treated like a slave the next day.

The marriage was over by the time it ever got to a hold-out. The Jaguars got their contract terms out of Maurice, but they've lost everything.

Instead, the worst franchise in the NFL took a giant, toxic misstep of threatening Jones-Drew with the obsessive fines angle contract language. This kind of badgering, slave v. master ill-will added to the reputation of Jacksonville being nothing more than a last-ditch place for quality free agents to land.

Players are assets above all else. You never allow a solid veteran player to walk without getting something in return. Sure there are circumstances where it is impossible. That's true, but not dealing appropriately with Jones-Drew has now left the franchise empty-handed.

I'm fairly sure when Maurice got hurt, there was a brown-noser's sense of delight among many so called Jaguars fans.

In the end, the dysfunctional Jaguars proved once again they are bush-leaguers, the lore of NFL jousters.

No self-respecting NFL free agent wants risk the same kind of disrespectful treatment the Jaguars' franchise is known for. 

Agents beware. Nothing has really changed in Jacksonville. Take it from a Jaguars' fan. Find a better home for your client.

David Caldwell is still not answering your calls, is he? And apparently it really hurt your feelings.

We get it. But how about pouring your heart out in your diary, instead of these silly posts about how incompetent the current regime is.

We know you don't mean it. You are just feel rejected. Time heals all wounds.  

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

It's a business right? Shelf life of an NFL player (especially a running back) is short. Get every dollar you can.

;

;