Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

The mood swings in this thread are like 12 year old girls.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow, I don't mind the trade we just better get the value out of it.

Multiple picks that's a good sign!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Gene Smith got 3rd day picks for Mike Thomas, Reggie Nelson and Quentin Grooves, this trade is not impressive at all right now

Dave Caldwell better hit all home runs in this draft coming up

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Sure, but... I'm sure several teams would have made better offers than 3rd-day picks.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

wait so do we know what we got yet?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

As I said before, we will never improve because we will not be able to retain young talent. Monroe is a top 10 LT in the league at this time and we would had to franchised him to retain him.

Be prepared to face this year after year with Shorts, Blackmon, etc. these players will be leaving towards winning teams, I fear the tipping point has been reached and the word is out about our team. We will only be able to attract average players ( and have to pay them as above average players) or has beens that are in the twilight of their career.

Quote:Yes, I understand that.....but you have to weigh that vs the options the Jags did have, like waiting and franchising him if need be, or trading him at that point....which would have still been an option. 

Jumping on a bad deal just because he wasn't in the future plans isn't the smartest way to do business. 

I'm just hoping the 3rd day pick thing is false. 

I bet you the chargers would have taken a couple 4th picks rather than deal with their Vincent Jackson situation. You take trade offers when they present themselves or you could be left with nothing.

Quote:Again, we werent going to re-sign him, would you rather get a 5th round compensation pick or this? Those are the two options we have, or pay Monroe top 10 LT money. I guess Caldwell didnt think he deserved that.

It REALLY seems like Monroe wasnt interested in negotiating here, and honestly I cant blame him. If a player is set to leave at the end of this year get whatever you can for him.

I made the point a few weeks ago and everyone jumped on me 'wanting to lose' etc.

Teddy Bridgewater just decided not to declare.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:D6 great point.  I personally think Monroe is valued more than Roy Williams was......Detroit got a 1st, 3rd, 6th because jerry jones is a moron. Ozzie is no fool. I hope we at least get a second. PLEASE LET IT BE A SECOND.

Thank you,  JAGFAN4EVER!

The Lions were fortunate that Jerry Jones was making the football decisions in Dallas in 2008.    Unfortunately for Cowboys fans,   he's still making the football decisions for them.   

I doubt any other team would have given the Lions even close to that amount for Roy Williams,   who was a very talented WR,  but an underachiever.

Based on what I've seen of Eugene Monroe,   I would think that he would have more value by most GM's than the way they likely valued Roy Williams in 2008.       With Jerry Jones being an exception,   not the norm.

Personally,   if the Jaguars didn't get the equivalent of a 1st Round pick,    I would have held on to Eugene Monroe until closer to the trade deadline.    As we have seen,   injuries happen in the NFL.    LT's with Monroe's ability don't grow on trees.

I'll wait till the picks are disclosed but initially I don't like it because we were already spread thin on the OL,I just hope we at least get a pick in the top 2 rounds for him.

I wonder if we just dont grade him out to be a good player.  Its a premium position.  If he is a premium player then pay him premium money and be done with it.  No one likes to trade players for picks more than I do, but if you've got a good player at a premium position, then keep him.  

If we didnt like him as a player and planned on getting rid of him, I can understand.  I'd be curious to know what we would have received as a compensatory pick.  But i imagine that would hav ebeen one pick instead of multiple.  if we would have received a 4th in compensatory and here we get a 4th, 5th, and 6th, then its not as big of a loss.

but still seems odd.  I would have hoped for at least a 2nd considering how important the position is.  but the fact that a team has to pay him after this season definitely lessens his trade value.

Funny, the experts like the trade for both teams. The highest possible comp the Jags could have gotten is the last pick in the third round. Now they're getting multiple day 3. That's probably better. Now we have 10 picks in next years draft with maybe a conditional or two also.

Quote:The intellectual minority will understand.

As for the rest.......

Derp!

I'm not surprised you're among the rest.

Quote:I bet you the chargers would have taken a couple 4th picks rather than deal with their Vincent Jackson situation. You take trade offers when they present themselves or you could be left with nothing.

as said...we could have franchised him, and then if need be traded him at that point. 

Didn't the Chargers have some verbal agreement not to franchise Vincent Jackson in that situation?....

Quote:Is he the GM?

No. He's the son if the owner and VP of analytics. He works hand in hand with the GM.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

seriously man i wake up from a nap and i wake up to this :verymad:

Quote:Funny, the experts like the trade for both teams. The highest possible comp the Jags could have gotten is the last pick in the third round. Now they're getting multiple day 3. That's probably better. Now we have 10 picks in next years draft with maybe a conditional or two also.
Where are you reading experts thoughts?

Quote:Teddy Bridgewater just decided not to declare.

He just wants to finish his degree

Quote:Everyone, let's wait for the official stuff. Right now this only makes very little sense. Give it some time.

Every report on the trade mentions only late round picks.

Sorry, but even if he wasn't part of the long term plans, this kind of deal, if accurate, smacks of something I've been saying this front office wasn't about. Trading players who might be costly and replacing them with bargain basement players makes me wonder about where this team is headed. Sorry, but LT is a premium position. If you've got a good one you're looking to trade, bending over for pennies on the dollar in value is questionable to say the least.

Hope the reports are wrong, but it's been some pretty credible outlets.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]