Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Maurice Drew Is Done

Oh god, we get a new board and it comes back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah, it doesn't sound right, tbh..

Maybe I'm confusing the MoJo 2nd round trade offer from Tampa with the 2nd round Tampa offer for Garrard back in the 2005-2007 era...

That said, the rumors were there, and I remember the posts/ articles at the time of MoJo's holdout citing teams that were interested/ reported offers of a 2nd round selection

Uh yea, or ya know, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Haha whos the one without any football acumen?

This is seriously too easy.

Quote:Maurice would be fine on any other team.

Its like asking what if Barry Sanders had an offensive line, the same is true with Mojo

Quote:This post has all the classic elements of a TMD thread.

First, insulting a current member of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Second, the trademark meaningless chest thumping

Third, the needless name calling of posters on this message board.
Same as it ever was.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I'm betting MJD Jaguars Jersey sales are still the highest of anyone on the team. Contract expires and he has no trade value but at least his name has recognition and can produce some cash for the team.

If only they had drafted better maybe we could have been in the playoff hunt the last year of his contract.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I'm betting MJD Jaguars Jersey sales are still the highest of anyone on the team. Contract expires and he has no trade value but at least his name has recognition and can produce some cash for the team.

If only they had drafted better maybe we could have been in the playoff hunt the last year of his contract.

Profit on jersey sales are split between all the teams.  Nobody is making money on the Jags sales.

Quote:Well, then as I said 2 years ago...., he should have been dealt while he still had value. 

Hindsight is 20/20 if Gabbert became a Franchise QB, then trading MJD wouldnt have looked too smart, as bad as Gene was at GM he did believe his guys would make the team better, getting rid of MJD would have just made another hole on the team.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Wow. How times change..the ones defending MJD were ready to ride him out of town on a rail a couple years ago after a holdout. Now they gang up on TMD cuz he has a different point of view concerning the same guy in regard to MJDs usefulness. Classic.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Wow. How times change..the ones defending MJD were ready to ride him out of town on a rail a couple years ago after a holdout. Now they gang up on TMD cuz he has a different point of view concerning the same guy in regard to MJDs usefulness. Classic.

Seems to me everyone agrees that MJD isnt what he used to be.

They ganged up on TMD because he was 100% sure a team offered a 2nd for MJD, when in reality it was a figment of his imagination.

Call up the Saints and see if they would do a straight up swap for Mark Ingram.  Saints seem about done with him anyways.  Saints get a decent RB to add to their rotaion, Ingram gets a second chance to jump start his career. Mojo gets a chnace to play for a contender.  If it works out for us, we get a young back with some upside....if not..well MJD isn't coming back next year and we really don't lose anything.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:Call up the Saints and see if they would do a straight up swap for Mark Ingram.  Saints seem about done with him anyways.  Saints get a decent RB to add to their rotaion, Ingram gets a second chance to jump start his career. Mojo gets a chnace to play for a contender.  If it works out for us, we get a young back with some upside....if not..well MJD isn't coming back next year and we really don't lose anything.

I wouldn't do a straight up swap because there's a good chance that Mark Ingram remains the same guy we've seen over the years. 

Quote:..the ones defending MJD were ready to ride him out of town on a rail a couple years ago after a holdout.

link?

Quote:link?
You were one...you know that. I don't need no steenking link.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:You were one...you know that. I don't need no steenking link.

Nope. But whatever makes you feel better.

Quote:Seems to me everyone agrees that MJD isnt what he used to be.

They ganged up on TMD because he was 100% sure a team offered a 2nd for MJD, when in reality it was a figment of his imagination.

no...I might have got the team that offered it wrong....but it was reported back then of team(s) offering a 2nd for Drew during the holdout. 

Quote:no...I might have got the team that offered it wrong....but it was reported back then of team(s) offering a 2nd for Drew during the holdout. 
So what? We could have had Aaron Rodgers, Suggs, Russell Wilson, etc. but didn't draft them. If If If....Does it really matter on the hindsight of what ifs?? If I look at all the players this team overlooked, didn't draft, did draft, sign in FA over the last few years I'd be Matt Jones'n all day long. Just fuhgettaboutit.

Quote:no...I might have got the team that offered it wrong....but it was reported back then of team(s) offering a 2nd for Drew during the holdout. 

False.  There were no teams offering a second.  That, is fact.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

You don't remember because of two reasons...

!. It never happened

2. IT WAS 2 FREAKING YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 05:39 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Also calling out a sect of the message board as knuckleheads isn't "name calling". An example of name calling would be "Shack Del Rio is stupid". ...and thats not what was said or the context it was used. 

Huh?

Calling several people knucklehead is exactly the same thing as calling one person stupid multiple times.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I don't want to wade too deeply in this as I haven't been around here too much, but just like when people wanted to trade MJD last time cause he held out, I am opposed. I understand the open field quickness is not there right now, I mean I saw a ten yard run last sunday (hawks) that if MJD of old was there he would have motored for at least 20. But he got into space and looked downright surprised to me.

Our interior line is horrible. It has been getting worse for the last couple years, they haven't had good push since like 2007. Taking away Greg Jones, you knew that this would only be made worse. I mean the line implodes every play. And is any back even averaging better than MJD on this team right now? I don't so.

So I don't know if MJD will ever get the 2nd gear back, but it doesn't matter. He is better than his average suggest, and will round into shape the later part of the season. Fred used to do the same thing in the first half. Either way, I sincerely hope we sign MJD this offseason. He is my favorite current Jag, and it would be a shame to see him go. Indeed I will not be happy if he goes, hes only 28 (not 30), and he isn't done yet.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.