Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talk about the Season Opener

(09-08-2017, 12:55 PM)jradMITEX Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 11:10 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Oh no, it's a white-out!! LOL
http://www.houstontexans.com/

This is getting so overhyped. Hopefully, the Jags go into this just playing heads up football and beat em up a bit to deflate all this nonsense. You'd think they were Super Bowl Champs. Turn those white red guys!!

FYI every home opener for the Texans is Liberty White Out.
Yep, thanks. Just like every home opener they recognize first responders. It was a dig because now with all the Harvey hype, everything texans related is breaking news. I still want them whooped and turned red!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://youtu.be/B5kFW630m88

*singing*

It's gonna be a Jags day...and Bortles gonna be hot today...hey

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 09:40 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

It will be a rough game for both teams. With Texas just going through one storm and Jax another. Could end up tons of mental mistakes on both sides.

Regardless will not be an easy win for either team. Hopefully watson is not ready yet. And we hit him hard. And come out with the Win.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

It's just a question of can we run the ball worth a darn or are we going to open ourselves up to the turnstyle offensive line and bad QB decision making? If it's shotgun outside handoff runs on 1st and 2nd down then we can expect horrific offensive production for Sunday. I expect us to come out like we did against the Patriots in preseason and power it up with Fournette and mix it up but the rest of preseason didn't mimic that at all.
No pain, no gain.

(09-05-2017, 12:22 AM)SuperJville Wrote: I think the Texans are going to kill us personally.

(09-08-2017, 09:40 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: It will be a rough game for both teams. With Texas just going through one storm and Jax another.  Could end up tons of mental mistakes on both sides.  

Regardless will not be an easy win for either team.  Hopefully Watson is not ready yet.  And we hit him hard.  And come out with the Win.

Everyone who has been paying attention knows Tom Savage will start. Bill O'Brien said it throughout the offseason, training camp, and preseason and made it official by putting Tom, not DeShaun Watson, on the top of the QB depth chart. Get out from that rock you're hiding under.

Regardless of the weather conditions in Houston, we will play indoors at NRG Stadium with no worries about the road infrastructure being unsafe. Our job is to beat a division rival no matter what their mental state is after a storm. We have no other mindset - BEAT THE TEXANS!

(09-08-2017, 11:10 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Oh no, it's a white-out!! LOL
http://www.houstontexans.com/

This is getting so overhyped. Hopefully, the Jags go into this just playing heads up football and beat em up a bit to deflate all this nonsense. You'd think they were Super Bowl Champs. Turn those white red guys!!

[Image: racist1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 05:51 AM by SunriseCottage.)

(09-08-2017, 11:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 10:37 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: The game will open with the crowd in a frenzy. Nothing brings a community together like a tragic event. The Jags will play the role of the villain, upon whom the heroes ( especially Watt) will take out their pent up anger and frustration. Emotions favor defenses, and Houston's defense will smother the Jags, at least for a quarter or two.meanwhile, neither offense will gain much traction, and I expect a low scoring first half, perhaps 10-3 Houston. We'll see a bit more offense in the second half, but the Texans will be slightly more productive, pulling out a 23-9 victory.
How is that team scoring 23 points with a guy who has yet to throw an NFL td pass and an offense that averaged 17 points a game last year? Also, that scary defense has fewer sacks, fewer tackles for losses, and less forced fumbles than the Jags! Don't get me wrong, their defensive front can change games, but they shouldn't be on this pedestal and assumed unbeatable. If the Jags don't fall for the hype, I see this being a lopsided victory in the Jags favor, not the texans.
Who said their offense was going to score 23 points? Didn't you watch any Jaguar football last season? How did Denver score  20 points last year against us with a scrub at QB ? Answer: A pick six, and a fumble by Bortles in the 4th quarter of a game where Denver was 1-13 on 3rd down conversions. Denver had just over 200 total offensive yards. They averaged 3.7 yards per rush. Our defense dominated them........and we lost by 10 points. That's how.

(09-08-2017, 12:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 12:22 AM)SuperJville Wrote: I think the Texans are going to kill us personally.

(09-08-2017, 10:37 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: The game will open with the crowd in a frenzy. Nothing brings a community together like a tragic event. The Jags will play the role of the villain, upon whom the heroes ( especially Watt) will take out their pent up anger and frustration. Emotions favor defenses, and Houston's defense will smother the Jags, at least for a quarter or two.meanwhile, neither offense will gain much traction, and I expect a low scoring first half, perhaps 10-3 Houston. We'll see a bit more offense in the second half, but the Texans will be slightly more productive, pulling out a 23-9 victory.

Total nonsense. Emotions favor the whole team. If Houston's defense smothers the Jaguars, it will be because our OL is no match for their DL.

Anybody who has played football, and I played college ball, knows that the defense gets its energy from emotions, the offense stays cool, calm and collected.

(09-09-2017, 07:10 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 12:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Total nonsense. Emotions favor the whole team. If Houston's defense smothers the Jaguars, it will be because our OL is no match for their DL.

Anybody who has played football, and I played college ball, knows that the defense gets its energy from emotions, the offense stays cool, calm and collected.

Anyone who has played football would know energy comes from food and everyone has emotions.

(09-09-2017, 05:21 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 11:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote: How is that team scoring 23 points with a guy who has yet to throw an NFL td pass and an offense that averaged 17 points a game last year? Also, that scary defense has fewer sacks, fewer tackles for losses, and less forced fumbles than the Jags! Don't get me wrong, their defensive front can change games, but they shouldn't be on this pedestal and assumed unbeatable. If the Jags don't fall for the hype, I see this being a lopsided victory in the Jags favor, not the texans.
Who said their offense was going to score 23 points? Didn't you watch any Jaguar football last season? How did Denver score  20 points last year against us with a scrub at QB ? Answer: A pick six, and a fumble by Bortles in the 4th quarter of a game where Denver was 1-13 on 3rd down conversions. Denver had just over 200 total offensive yards. They averaged 3.7 yards per rush. Our defense dominated them........and we lost by 10 points. That's how.
We're playing Denver? If you're going to and make a point, at least use the team we're playing!

(09-09-2017, 07:10 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 12:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Total nonsense. Emotions favor the whole team. If Houston's defense smothers the Jaguars, it will be because our OL is no match for their DL.

Anybody who has played football, and I played college ball, knows that the defense gets its energy from emotions, the offense stays cool, calm and collected.Yeah, okay pom pom boy.
Yeah, okay pom pom boy!

(09-09-2017, 08:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 05:21 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: Who said their offense was going to score 23 points? Didn't you watch any Jaguar football last season? How did Denver score 20 points last year against us with a scrub at QB? Answer: A pick six, and a fumble by Bortles in the 4th quarter of a game where Denver was 1-13 on 3rd down conversions. Denver had just over 200 total offensive yards. They averaged 3.7 yards per rush. Our defense dominated them........and we lost by 10 points. That's how.

We're playing Denver? If you're going to and make a point, at least use the team we're playing!

How about Brock Osweiler throwing two interceptions and getting benched in the first half? Or in the first meeting, Jalen Ramsey only allowing DeAndre Hopkins to gain 48 yards?

(09-09-2017, 10:48 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 08:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote: We're playing Denver? If you're going to and make a point, at least use the team we're playing!

How about Brock Osweiler throwing two interceptions and getting benched in the first half? Or in the first meeting, Jalen Ramsey only allowing DeAndre Hopkins to gain 48 yards?

I guess what they say is right.........you just can't fix stupid!

(09-09-2017, 08:29 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 07:10 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: Anybody who has played football, and I played college ball, knows that the defense gets its energy from emotions, the offense stays cool, calm and collected.Yeah, okay pom pom boy.
Yeah, okay pom pom boy!

After 1100 posts, you would think you'd know how to reply correctly, but some folks are just slow.

(09-09-2017, 08:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 05:21 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: Who said their offense was going to score 23 points? Didn't you watch any Jaguar football last season? How did Denver score  20 points last year against us with a scrub at QB ? Answer: A pick six, and a fumble by Bortles in the 4th quarter of a game where Denver was 1-13 on 3rd down conversions. Denver had just over 200 total offensive yards. They averaged 3.7 yards per rush. Our defense dominated them........and we lost by 10 points. That's how.

It's called an analogy.......if you had finished 4th grade, you'd know that Laughing

(09-09-2017, 08:29 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 07:10 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: Anybody who has played football, and I played college ball, knows that the defense gets its energy from emotions, the offense stays cool, calm and collected.Yeah, okay pom pom boy.
Yeah, okay pom pom boy!

(09-09-2017, 11:48 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 10:48 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: How about Brock Osweiler throwing two interceptions and getting benched in the first half? Or in the first meeting, Jalen Ramsey only allowing DeAndre Hopkins to gain 48 yards?

I guess what they say is right.........you just can't fix stupid!

(09-09-2017, 11:56 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 08:29 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Yeah, okay pom pom boy!

After 1100 posts, you would think you'd know how to reply correctly, but some folks are just slow.

If you're going to continually insult one another - at least try to talk some damn football while you're at it. 
C'mon, guys.

(09-09-2017, 12:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you're going to continually insult one another - at least try to talk some damn football while you're at it. 
C'mon, guys.

Better yet, how about let's talk about football without any insults?

I really did not want to continue my bad habits from the old board, but that is easier said than done as long as people call me stupid for knowing something about football.

Broncos and Packers suck.

(09-08-2017, 12:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Total nonsense.
Emotions favor the whole team. If Houston's defense smothers the Jaguars, it will be because our OL is no match for their DL.

(09-09-2017, 08:22 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

(09-09-2017, 07:10 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: Anybody who has played football, and I played college ball, knows that the defense gets its energy from emotions, the offense stays cool, calm and collected.

Anyone who has played football would know energy comes from food and everyone has emotions.

(09-09-2017, 12:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 12:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you're going to continually insult one another - at least try to talk some damn football while you're at it. 
C'mon, guys.

Better yet, how about let's talk about football without any insults?

I really did not want to continue my bad habits
from the old board, but that is easier said than done as long as people call me stupid for knowing something about football.

You should start by leaving out unnecessary condescending comments from your posts like the ones in red above. 
That stuff only serves to take the conversation away from football and incite negative reactions to your posts. 

BACK ON TOPIC:

Here's a site that compiles recent historical stats/performances from both teams to predict a win by the tinhorns:

http://ironrank.com/football/Jacksonvill...ton-Texans

(09-09-2017, 12:23 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Broncos and Packers suck.

Get on topic and stop poking the bear, please.