Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carr vs Bortles round one

Quote:ALL Jags fans wanted:

1) Clowney

2) Mack

3) Manziel

4) Teddy

That's it. 98% of them were wrong. Like usual.

I wanted Mack or Watkins in the first and Teddy or Jimmy G in the second. Bortles was one of the players I paid the least attention to in that Draft. I really just didn't want Johnny Manziel.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can't do IPAs, personally... too hoppy and bitter.

Prefer German Pils, or the occasional Sour.

There's a lot of good Ciders out there, as well, but I don't really count those as "beer".

And who doesn't love a good Chocolate Stout?

IPAs are my hot weather beers. Stouts/Porters are my cold weather. Nothing beats a cold evening and a Founder's Breakfast Stout.

Last weekend in Rochester,NY I had a Southern Tier Coffee Pumking... it was glorious.

Quote:Bud light and IPAs all day.

All those lights taste super similar to me these days anyway. IPAs are the [BLEEP]. I've been getting into the double IPAs recently.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:If we are going to play the shoulda woulda hypothetical game and give Blake the Arob TD, then you have to be fair and take away the Benn TD. 99% of the time that's not a TD. Just 1 TD for Blake either way.
What do you mean?  If you're not going to count a DB falling or blown coverage as TDs then 90% of the TDs scored against our DBs shouldn't count..lol

Quote:The rushing game and defense is actually the difference.

Carolina the past 2 years has 26 rushing TDs and the Jags have 8. The Panthers 141 yards rushing and Jags 91.

That's not including the defensive difference.

Once again, Bortles isn't the problem. See why Cam Newton is 1-5 this year. Is Cam Newton the problem?

Maybe the reason Carolina rushes the ball well is because Cam gets you 600-700 yards and 10 touchdowns in a year?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

[quote name="Skeet Broball" post="858531"

All those lights taste super similar to me these days anyway.[/quote]

What does having sex in a boat and American beer have in common?

They are both close to water
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:What does having sex in a boat and American beer have in common?

They are both close to water

The only caveat I'll throw in here is that America makes some pretty stellar craft stuff. But yeah, the mass produced stuff is water
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 10:51 PM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:ALL Jags fans wanted:

1) Clowney

2) Mack

3) Manziel

4) Teddy

That's it. 98% of them were wrong. Like usual.
Ewww I would have taken Mack over all of those. The other three are trash.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 11:03 PM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:That ball should have been caught no doubt. He should have had 280 yds 2TDs and 0 INTs. Did he play well in the 2nd and 3rd...no. He led the biggest comeback in team history but you would have thought he had 5 INTs and blew the game by reading this board...lol
True. On his fumble I don't really blame him a whole lot because he had his eyes downfield and was bringing the ball up to throw when it got stripped. That's what I saw. Not sure what beer goggles the lot around here sees out of tho. I think they just want to flame bortles.

Quote:In the end...it's all about wins and losses.

But comparing the two side by side.

I'd say...

Carr throws a much better pass...

Carr is more accurate

Carr makes better adjustments based on the defense

Carr is better at 3 step drop and throwing.

Carr has more wins.

Blake is better in the 2 minute offense

Blake is better when rolling out of the pocket.

I'd say at this point...

Carr is the better qb...

As a side note....

Based on these things...

And Blakes apparent regression into the horrible wind up and staring down receivers. ..

And Carr has been consistently good. ..

Carr is gonna have a better career
Carr is not that accurate.

Quote:Wow I didnt know Carr had thrown more TDs than Blake.
Hasn't Carr played like 4 'more games than Blake too?

Quote:What do you mean? If you're not going to count a DB falling or blown coverage as TDs then 90% of the TDs scored against our DBs shouldn't count..lol
But KY only wants to pick nits that fit into his own agenda. He will just dance around your answer.

Quote:Hasn't Carr played like 4 'more games than Blake too?
Also, was more NFL ready than him too base on his background

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:True. On his fumble I don't really blame him a whole lot because he had his eyes downfield and was bringing the ball up to throw when it got stripped. That's what I saw. Not sure what beer goggles the lot around here sees out of tho. I think they just want to flame bortles.
Nah that's what everyone saw and has been saying. Their point (I actually haven't harped on the fumble, but they are right) is that Blake's 'bringing the ball up to throw' motion is significantly longer and leaves more exposure for the ball to be stripped like that. 

Quote:Raiders are better coached, and Bortles isn't doing well right now.  I have to say Raiders win.  You can't get shut out for 3 quarters almost every week and expect to win.  The offense has to change things around, and it starts with Blake.  He has regressed.

Remember when a lot of the critics were saying Blake's stats... the JagUar's offense stats were garbage time stats? It's certainly looking that way. Brock & his receivers aren't able to generate an offense when the game is in contention. Well, unless the CB falls down. 

ImATexan

Quote:Remember when a lot of the critics were saying Blake's stats... the JagUar's offense stats were garbage time stats? It's certainly looking that way. Brock & his receivers aren't able to generate an offense when the game is in contention. Well, unless the CB falls down.

Yes, but that doesn't hold true for this season. The offense went toe to toe against green Bay and their defense is ranked in the top 10 still. The vanishing run game has been the main culprit. Bortles has misfired on some throws for sure, but he's also been the victim of untimely penalties.

Quote:Remember when a lot of the critics were saying Blake's stats... the JagUar's offense stats were garbage time stats? It's certainly looking that way. 

If you look at the box scores from last year - Blake had very little actual "garbage time stats."  They were in all but 3 games during the 4th quarter. 

The difference is that they came from behind during the second and third quarter frequently and did so by abandoning the run at times. That inflated some stats, but it's not garbage time that early in the game - especially when they caught up, surpassed or climbed within 7 points and had a shot to win. 

Playing from behind early =/= garbage time. 

Quote:If you look at the box scores from last year - Blake had very little actual "garbage time stats."  They were in all but 3 games during the 4th quarter. 

The difference is that they came from behind during the second and third quarter frequently and did so by abandoning the run at times. That inflated some stats, but it's not garbage time that early in the game - especially when they caught up, surpassed or climbed within 7 points and had a shot to win. 

Playing from behind early =/= garbage time. 

Agreed. The garbage time stat argument is a joke. These people don't have a clue. You're either a good QB or a bad QB. Phillip Rivers has made a career of garbage time----no, he's just a good QB with a terrible defense. 

Bortles had 35 TDs and over 4,400 yards last year----there are people on here that say "every" QB should do that----but Aaron Rodgers has only put up those 2 combined stats in ONE SEASON in HIS CAREER. 

Quote:Agreed. The garbage time stat argument is a joke. These people don't have a clue. You're either a good QB or a bad QB. Phillip Rivers has made a career of garbage time----no, he's just a good QB with a terrible defense. 

Bortles had 35 TDs and over 4,400 yards last year----there are people on here that say "every" QB should do that----but Aaron Rodgers has only put up those 2 combined stats in ONE SEASON in HIS CAREER. 
lol

Rodgers must really suck then.

Quote:Yes, but that doesn't hold true for this season. The offense went toe to toe against green Bay and their defense is ranked in the top 10 still. The vanishing run game has been the main culprit. Bortles has misfired on some throws for sure, but he's also been the victim of untimely penalties.

And, at least for this season thus far, some unfortunate interceptions. From what I remember/recall, he's only throw one "knuckleheaded" pick, and had three bounce off the hands of our guy into the hands of the enemy...and then "we" proceed to harp on his decision making...? If anything, I'd say it seems his decision making has improved...

Or I'm just insane. Who knows for sure.  Confusedweat:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:And, at least for this season thus far, some unfortunate interceptions. From what I remember/recall, he's only throw one "knuckleheaded" pick, and had three bounce off the hands of our guy into the hands of the enemy...and then "we" proceed to harp on his decision making...? If anything, I'd say it seems his decision making has improved...

Or I'm just insane. Who knows for sure. Confusedweat:
Agreed, he's almost careful to a fault now. His play doesn't worry me when I watch the game. I'm usually fretting over whether or not a run will be successful. Even on long 3rd downs I believe he's going to complete the pass.

Just to be clear though, agreeing about your insanity.