Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer falling apart already?

(09-15-2021, 07:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:12 PM)jaglyn Wrote: For being fans of a regular .250 team, we seem to expect immediate success after any change

If by "success" you mean "able to line up correctly on the first play of the game" then yes, we expect a level of success that we did not achieve.

Right, I don't think anyone would expect him to make Taven Bryan into a great player in the first game, or anything like that. There's some things that aren't fair to expect from a coach, but expecting them to have the players ready to line up correctly and get plays called is the baseline for any NFL team. Not being able to achieve those things is beyond unacceptable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It might be a relief if urban ran off to USC, but can you imagine the black eye this franchise will take? You think we’re a laughingstock now….the fallout would be unreal and ESPN would be running a 30 for 30 twenty years from now still about the meltdown

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 10:50 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-15-2021, 11:58 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Only week 2 and he's already ducking/dodging the media lolololol

With the week 1 performance, I'd bet it has a lot more to do with identifying that time as a wasted hour on his calendar.

He was hired exactly 8 months and 1 day ago. From what we've seen so far throughout the off season/camps/games, it's been over 8 months of wasted time... What's another hour?...

(09-15-2021, 09:31 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: It might be a relief if urban ran off to USC, but can you imagine the black eye this franchise will take? You think we’re a laughingstock now….the fallout would be unreal and ESPN would be running a 30 for 30 twenty years from now still about the meltdown

It really wouldn't though. We have Trevor Lawrence.

The biggest laughing stock is if we waste at least 2++ years of Lawrence's rookie contract on the cancer that is Urban Meyer. That'd be the 30 for 30 story.

OMG people, it's 1 game for a rookie HC with a rookie QB. Give me a break already and let the guy do some coaching and see how things play out. It's not like we could get any worse than last year.

(09-15-2021, 11:21 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: OMG people, it's 1 game for a rookie HC with a rookie QB.  Give me a break already and let the guy do some coaching and see how things play out.  It's not like we could get any worse than last year.

We could lose 2 more games than last year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Trolls. Stop the negativity already. Let the season play out without complaining all the time about EVERYTHING. Sheesh

(09-15-2021, 07:12 PM)jaglyn Wrote: For being fans of a regular .250 team, we seem to expect immediate success after any change

If by "success" you mean "able to line up correctly on the first play of the game" then yes, we expect a level of success that we did not achieve.

That's pretty good.  +1 for that.

LOL.  That was like watching "The Replacements".
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-16-2021, 12:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Trolls. Stop the negativity already. Let the season play out without complaining all the time about EVERYTHING. Sheesh

I actually don’t think anyone here is trolling for what it is worth. I would imagine if we come out Sunday and beat Denver (or just play a good game), many people in this thread would be happy.

The problem for me personally is I see more bad than good decisions leading into the year. Those are my opinion of course. If the results on the field are good, I am happy to have them shut me up. However, when I carry that opinion into the first game and see my team get crushed in embarrassing fashion, it starts to validate/ strengthen my opinion.

(09-16-2021, 12:18 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Trolls. Stop the negativity already. Let the season play out without complaining all the time about EVERYTHING. Sheesh
Rainbows! Unicorns!

(09-16-2021, 08:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Rainbows! Unicorns!

I wouldn't say that, but I do think this is a bit over the top after one game.

Did anybody see the Packers game?  Did they look 'prepared'?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's not trolling when it's true. Give us something to be happy about and you get positivity, give us the [BLEEP] show we've seen for the last 6 months and you've earned the ire of the fans. Sheesh.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-16-2021, 08:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rainbows! Unicorns!

Thry look like Aaron Rodgers is intentionally sabotaging them for making him be there.

(09-15-2021, 11:21 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: OMG people, it's 1 game for a rookie HC with a rookie QB.  Give me a break already and let the guy do some coaching and see how things play out.  It's not like we could get any worse than last year.

He's not supposed to just coach during games, he's supposed to coach in practices also.  He's supposed to have coached in training camp also.  He was supposed to have coached during OTAs.  That way we're ready and able to line up correctly without having pre-snap penalties called.  When his college teams were undisciplined it didn't matter because they had more talent than just about any other team and could overcome that lack of discipline. We don't have that luxury, we need to be more disciplined due to the relative lack of talent on this team - it's harder for us to overcome stupid penalties that bring big plays back.  It seems to me like Urban has just had a difficult time adjusting to the differences in the NFL as opposed to college. I sincerely hope he adjusts and succeeds here - he's a Jag and I think we all want the Jags to succeed, I just don't think he's off to a good start and knowing his history, if things continue along these lines he may soon develop "health issues" and step away to "spend time with his family"....

(09-15-2021, 11:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:20 AM)Upper Wrote: I don't buy the USC rumor (I hope I'm wrong), I think if Urban quits the Jags it will be from coaching period and probably back to a cushy TV job.
He came out today and said "No Chance".

I actually think he believed the NFL would be easier since he didn't have to recruit but we'll see.

"I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." - Nick Saban, December, 2006

(09-16-2021, 08:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:08 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rainbows! Unicorns!

It’s a little different considering they are a team who has gone to the NFC title game 2 years in a row and they have a HOF QB.

They have reason to believe it’ll turn around because they’re well coached and they have great players.

I really hope the Jags turn it around this season but what evidence is there to believe they actually can do that? Either way, I’ll be here for the ride!

Agreed. Though the debut was crazy bad, you have to give him at least a season before leaping from the Modis building. Yes, for us it's been decades of rebuilding but for most of this team and staff, it's been one off season and one regular season game. Jag Fan has the worst case of kicked dog syndrome I've ever seen.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 09:01 AM by RicoTx.)

(09-16-2021, 08:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I wouldn't say that, but I do think this is a bit over the top after one game.

Thry look like Aaron Rodgers is intentionally sabotaging them for making him be there.

mmm-kay

(09-16-2021, 08:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:16 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I wouldn't say that, but I do think this is a bit over the top after one game.

It’s a little different considering they are a team who has gone to the NFC title game 2 years in a row and they have a HOF QB.

They have reason to believe it’ll turn around because they’re well coached and they have great players.

I really hope the Jags turn it around this season but what evidence is there to believe they actually can do that? Either way, I’ll be here for the ride!

How can you have any 'evidence' when you have a new head coach, rookie quarterback, new co-ordinators...?

I hated the Meyer hire.  Hated it and there's plenty of evidence on this board.

But I stand by my statement, this is over the top freaking out...after one game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Despite providing plenty of accelerant to the Meyer-Fire, I do think there is a good possibility we see the mistakes reeled in over the next few weeks.

Doesn't excuse the week one performance IMO, but... it will likely improve.
I've gone from "concerned but optimistic" to "legit worried" concerning our new HC and regime, but the odds of this thing rounding into decent form are still attainable.

I can't imagine what the freak out level will be if they rack up 90 yds in penalties, give Wingard half the snaps at FS, and don't run the damn ball again though. I may have to step away for a minute, LOL.

I'll be at the bank on Sunday BTW, cheering them on.