Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer falling apart already?

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:42 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Does not sound good...

https://youtu.be/fbHKKaxryLU
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

La canfora also reported that Coughlin was gonna come down from the office and start coaching

Lot of people hate the guy and clearly want him to fail. I'm reminded of the reaction of a lot of NFL observers when Spurrier went to coach in DC. There's a long way to go but they may ultimately end up getting their wish.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:04 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Urban is just a clueless egomaniac.

So pathetic and sad.

(09-13-2021, 01:02 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Lot of people hate the guy and clearly want him to fail. I'm reminded of the reaction of a lot of NFL observers when Spurrier went to coach in DC. There's a long way to go but they may ultimately end up getting their wish.

Spurrier was just as arrogant and stupid.

Something about succeeding in the EASY arena of the NCAA makes people think they actually know the big boy leagues.

People can point out that each individual case of smoke is meaningless, but eventually that smoke adds up. It's kind of hard to ignore how many things have gone wrong so far.

(09-13-2021, 01:03 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Urban is just a clueless egomaniac.

So pathetic and sad.

(09-13-2021, 01:02 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Lot of people hate the guy and clearly want him to fail. I'm reminded of the reaction of a lot of NFL observers when Spurrier went to coach in DC. There's a long way to go but they may ultimately end up getting their wish.

Something about succeeding in the EASY arena of the NCAA makes people think they actually know the big boy leagues.

Ok Vic. If you think the NCAA is so easy why can't anyone do it? Why aren't you doing it? Obviously things are different but not necessarily easier. Jimmy Johnson started out looking like a knuckle head too and he turned it around. I wouldn't fire anyone after a single regular season game but at this point I do agree he's looking more like Saban than Johnson.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-13-2021, 01:21 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 01:03 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Urban is just a clueless egomaniac.

So pathetic and sad.

Ok Vic. If you think the NCAA is so easy why can't anyone do it? Why aren't you doing it? Obviously things are different but not necessarily easier. Jimmy Johnson started out looking like a knuckle head too and he turned it around. I wouldn't fire anyone after a single regular season game but at this point I do agree he's looking more like Saban than Johnson.
Jimmy Johnson's first year they went 1-15.  They did turn it around but also had the benefit of that Hershel Walker trade.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:41 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The sky is falling. Well no. On the other hand, Its only game 1. It could get worse or it could get better. The fun part is, we get to ride.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:44 PM by Jagwired.)

(09-13-2021, 01:40 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The sky is falling. Well no. On the other hand, Its only game 1. It could get worse or it could get better. The fun part is, we get to ride.

Not that the sky is falling. It's just the same ole dinghy, grey cloud bank. Bring your ponchos folks.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:46 PM by Upper.)

(09-13-2021, 01:40 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The sky is falling. Well no. On the other hand, Its only game 1. It could get worse or it could get better. The fun part is, we get to ride.

It was just a bad decision to keep the GM, then it was just a bad decision to keep the oline coach, then it was just a bad decision to franchise statistically the worst LT in the league, then it was just hiring a racist strength coach, then it was just a bad FA period, then it was just drafting a RB in the first round and reaching big time on the wrong corner at 33, then it was giving his buddy Tebow a chance despite being completely and utterly unqualified, then it was just getting our [BLEEP] handed to us by the Browns and Saints backups in preseason, now it's just a week 1 blowout loss to the team everyone had penciled in as getting the first pick in the draft. I'm sure I have forgot some too.

Sure, it's only one game that counts, and to be fair Meyer has done a couple of things right, but by and large it's been one fail after another after another.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 01:52 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-13-2021, 01:45 PM)Upper Wrote:

It was just a bad decision to keep the GM, then it was just a bad decision to keep the oline coach, then it was just a bad decision to franchise statistically the worst LT in the league, then it was just hiring a racist strength coach, then it was just a bad FA period, then it was just drafting a RB in the first round and reaching big time on the wrong corner at 33, then it was giving his buddy Tebow a chance despite being completely and utterly unqualified, then it was just getting our [BLEEP] handed to us by the Browns and Saints backups in preseason, now it's just a week 1 blowout loss to the team everyone had penciled in as getting the first pick in the draft. I'm sure I have forgot some too.

Sure, it's only one game that counts, and to be fair Meyer has done a couple of things right, but by and large it's been one fail after another after another.

Agree with you here.  It is like one step forward and two step backwards.  It was week 1 so they kind of get a mulligan. If these same issues persist by mid-season,  Meyer will be feeling the hot seat for the first time.

Lets also be honest, this is kind of been the status Quo of being a Jaguar fan.  "It's just Preseason" "It's just Week One"  "It's still early in the season" "SO and So Was hurt" only after all that we come to realize this team stinks.  Lets see how this team rebounds but it's a safe bet everyone should keep their expectations low while expecting the worst.

I can't disagree with any of your criticisms of Meyer. It will certainly be very interesting to see how he handles losing for the first time in his life. Based on his track record, it would be no surprise if he quits due to health concerns. I sure hope that Shad Khan was smart enough regarding how much money Meyer was guaranteed. Unfortunately, Khan was so excited about the possibility of hiring such a "sexy" pick that the guaranteed money is likely extremely high.

Well, just like last season we got carried away after 1 game, let’s make sure to give this at least a little time.

Aaaaaaand Mic Drop.

This sums it up pretty well. 

There's been red flags all over since we hired Meyer, and even before, when it was reported that the guy wasn't even sure he wanted to come here.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 05:34 PM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

"Meyer Falling Apart" is complete exaturation to say the least. Yes there were serious hickups within our FIRST game of this season but to elude that he's falling apart is ridiculous.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 02:42 PM by Kane.)

Holy crap. I didn't think the meltdown would happen after game 1

(09-13-2021, 02:41 PM)Kane Wrote: Holy crap. I didn't think the meltdown would happen after game 1

Game 1 was somewhere around [BLEEP] up #10 for this guy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This is what I don't understand....The elite news media in the Northeast has always hated Jacksonville getting a NFL team.  Many of you have often complained because the media never had anything good to say about our city or our team.  ESPN and CBS has always had a biased opinion of Urban and Jacksonville and have gone out of their way to make him and the city look bad.  I'm... surprised that some of you have quickly jumped on their band wagon.  Personally, I don't know if Meyer will be a good NFL coach but I do know this, it won't help the team by constantly bad mouthing the team, coach, or organization after one game.

It’s a long season guys, hold your anxiety and anger till at least week 8. Gotta pace yourselves.