Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 NFL draft order

Dotson killing my Terps.

Dude has been open all game and his double moves are awesome.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2021, 07:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dotson killing my Terps.

Hes gonna be reallllllly good.

(11-05-2021, 06:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 02:22 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: So Trevor was a finished prospect? Not based on his first couple of NFL games. LOL Just yanking your chain a little. But I get your point.  While every draft pick truly is a risk, some are lees so than others, like Trevor. Wirfs would have been a good pick at our place in the draft that year. Certainly better than what Cam has proven to be and wayyy better than Taylor, but both of them were second rounders. This reiterates the need for hitting on the big uglies and not missing on them. Are all the great/ really good OTs first rounders? No but with our track record, even first round picking is often suspect.  Oh and I absolutely agree that Warhop isn't a great O-line coach. Prolly not even a good one. Average at a dubious best. This then is my mantra the rest of the season, O-line is our biggest need next year ( and a new oline coach too). After that is WR#1. Then defense at every level, especially ILB

Unless Meyer goes (which I highly doubt,) I don't see Warhop going anywhere. In fact, I don't see much change coming to the O-Line either. I believe Cam will either sign a new deal with us or be franchised again with Little and Taylor fighting it out for the other starting OT spot. Bartch should fill one of the starting OG spots, Linder should play out the final year of his deal and that would leave only one starting OG position to fill in the draft. It isn't what I want, it's just what I think is coming.

Apparently Brian Daboll was very high on the Jags radar last year and probably would’ve been the guy had Khan not had Urban-fever. Funny thing is Warhop was Daboll’s O-line coach when he was the OC with the Cleveland Browns.

There’s a good chance we would’ve been stuck with Warhop no matter what.

(11-06-2021, 07:48 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 06:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Unless Meyer goes (which I highly doubt,) I don't see Warhop going anywhere. In fact, I don't see much change coming to the O-Line either. I believe Cam will either sign a new deal with us or be franchised again with Little and Taylor fighting it out for the other starting OT spot. Bartch should fill one of the starting OG spots, Linder should play out the final year of his deal and that would leave only one starting OG position to fill in the draft. It isn't what I want, it's just what I think is coming.

Apparently Brian Daboll was very high on the Jags radar last year and probably would’ve been the guy had Khan not had Urban-fever. Funny thing is Warhop was Daboll’s O-line coach when he was the OC with the Cleveland Browns.

There’s a good chance we would’ve been stuck with Warhop no matter what.

Well that sucks LOL. But I still think there will be more O-line movement than OLM suggests but I see his point And don't get me wrong, I really like Linder but he is hurt too often.  But he is right, Cam will likely be here next year even if it is with the tag again. Taylor has unfortunately proven to be hot garbage since he can't or won't be coached up and Little has not shown the propensity to play RT Bartch looks serviceable at RG but that sill leaves LG, C and RT to be fixed/ filled IMO.

(11-06-2021, 07:44 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 07:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dotson killing my Terps.

Hes gonna be reallllllly good.

What round do you expect him to go in?

(11-08-2021, 01:56 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 07:44 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hes gonna be reallllllly good.

What round do you expect him to go in?

He should go no later than early round 2, but I expect him to be a first rounder. Especially if he runs as fast as heard he is.

There are several very good receivers in next year's draft. I'm not sure any jump out as the next Randy Moss or Megatron, but the Jaguars should be able to draft one of these in the 2nd round:

Jahan Dotson
Treylon Burks
David Bell
John Metchie

Unless the Jaguars are able to land Davonte Adams or Chris Godwin in free agency, any one of the 4 above would be great additions to the wide receiver group.

(11-08-2021, 07:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: There are several very good receivers in next year's draft. I'm not sure any jump out as the next Randy Moss or Megatron, but the Jaguars should be able to draft one of these in the 2nd round:

Jahan Dotson
Treylon Burks
David Bell
John Metchie

Unless the Jaguars are able to land Davonte Adams or Chris Godwin in free agency, any one of the 4 above would be great additions to the wide receiver group.

Metchie is more of a faster version of Julian Edelman. He's not really a #1 WR type. My top guys right now (in no particular order) are...... Chris Olave, Jameson Williams, Jahan Dotson, Jalen Tolbert, David Bell and Tre Turner.

If a WR is at the top of their board when we pick I would take one but I really hope we address that in FA. With one of the top WRs in FA and Etienne, this offense would be much better

2022 PFF Draft simulator posted today, can only two 2 rounds so far. Drafted 6th and got Karlaftis and Dotson. Sign me the hell up right now.

(11-09-2021, 11:25 AM)Upper Wrote: 2022 PFF Draft simulator posted today, can only two 2 rounds so far. Drafted 6th and got Karlaftis and Dotson. Sign me the hell up right now.

It's good to see someone else getting on the Karlaftis train.

Feel like the Jags are going to target Michael Thomas post June 1st. Urban and Thomas seem to have man crushes on each other and New Orleans can get from underneath that contract after 1 June.

Getting Dotson in the 2nd along with Thomas would be a huge improvement.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021, 04:00 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2021, 12:56 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Feel like the Jags are going to target Michael Thomas post June 1st. Urban and Thomas seem to have man crushes on each other and New Orleans can get from underneath that contract after 1 June.

I may be wrong, but I just don't see Thomas coming here. For all the times Meyer mentioned he wants to add speed to the roster, that's not Thomas' forte. He ran a 4.57/40 coming out of college and that is kinda slow. He's more of a big possession receiver that was made better than he actually was by having Drew Brees as a QB.

(11-09-2021, 11:25 AM)Upper Wrote: 2022 PFF Draft simulator posted today, can only two 2 rounds so far. Drafted 6th and got Karlaftis and Dotson. Sign me the hell up right now.

These would be two excellent picks. Both these players are not only very productive, but they have great work ethics and high character As things stand now, there is a very good chance that the best value in round 1 for the Jaguars would be a pass rusher like Karlaftis or Hutchinson.

That thing is messed up! I had Kayvon Thibodeaux fall to me at #5 and it gave me a grade of C for the pick.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021, 05:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

Two reasons I'm not on the "Karlaftis train." He's too inconsistent. One play he looks like a wrecking ball and then he goes unnoticed for the rest of the game. The other reason is that he plays DE in a 4-3 scheme and we play a 3-4 scheme, where we don't just need a pass rusher, but someone with experience at the position who can drop into coverage as well. Outside of Thibodeaux who is just a genetic freak, I'd much prefer a college 3-4 OLB over a 4-3 DE. To each their own though.

(11-09-2021, 04:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

That thing is messed up! I had Kayvon Thibodeaux fall to me at #5 and it gave me a grade of C for the pick.

I think their algorithm is programmed to give all Jag picks a C. Big Grin

(11-09-2021, 04:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Yeah it can be pretty dumb at times, I just pass and make a realistic pick when something dumb like Thibs at 5 happens.

(11-09-2021, 12:56 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Feel like the Jags are going to target Michael Thomas post June 1st. Urban and Thomas seem to have man crushes on each other and New Orleans can get from underneath that contract after 1 June.

Ha! Just did the same thing and went with the top player available each time Hutchinson at #6 and Treylon Burkes WR from Arkansas at #38. Grade was A- for Hutch and A+ for Burkes. go figure. Oh and the T from Ohio State, Petite- Frere was next in order after Burkes

Brugler's just released big board has 4 OTs and Linderbaum in the top 10. Wonder if things will keep moving in the stud OL class direction or towards the this tackle class royally sucks class like OLmatters keeps saying.

https://theathletic.com/2943001/2021/11/...presented/