Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

(11-16-2021, 08:15 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 02:11 PM)Upper Wrote: I think Hutch would absolutely flourish across from a guy like Allen. A guy with the size to play a true SAM, all of the athletic traits and production you want in a stud pass rusher, and a relentless motor that will clean up a ton of the pressures that Allen creates but doesn't finish himself.

Ojabo would do plenty of that too to be fair, except for the SAM size part IMO.

And we have a strong Michigan/Cullen connection...let's do it.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5935417349

I could see us taking one of the Michigan guys, but it may not be Hutchinson. Right now the Jets pick ahead of us and they have a need at DE. Hutchinson has been very impressive and I could easily see the Jets jumping all over him at #3.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah he very well may not be.

(11-16-2021, 08:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah he very well may not be.

D-Linemen who can be disruptors are very highly regarded in the NFL.

(11-16-2021, 12:18 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 01:38 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: After the Penn State game, I would agree on Ojabo.  Question is come draft time where is he going to be projected. If he keeps this up I can see top ten spot

while watching that game, though, I couldn't help but wonder if Ojabo is the guy who flourishes when the guy on the other side is drawing the double teams, or if he's actually good enough to be your centerpiece pass rusher. I mean, I hope we have Josh Allen to draw primary attention, but if we are choosing between Hutch and Ojabo, I might lean to Hutch.

I see your point about the centerpiece pass rusher but Allen is that piece. That is why I think Ojabo would be a good fit here. Don't get me wrong, if Hutch is available when we pick it would be hard not to take him instead. I just an not sure he will be there when we pick.

(11-17-2021, 11:29 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:18 PM)Mikey Wrote: while watching that game, though, I couldn't help but wonder if Ojabo is the guy who flourishes when the guy on the other side is drawing the double teams, or if he's actually good enough to be your centerpiece pass rusher. I mean, I hope we have Josh Allen to draw primary attention, but if we are choosing between Hutch and Ojabo, I might lean to Hutch.

I see your point about the centerpiece pass rusher but Allen is that piece. That is why I think Ojabo would be a good fit here. Don't get me wrong, if Hutch is available when we pick it would be hard not to take him instead. I just an not sure he will be there when we pick.

Ojabo and Hutchinson are two different types of DE/OLB's. Hutchinson is a powerful bull rusher that uses strength, technique and pure will to drive passed his blockers while Ojabo is fast off the line and blows pass OT's using his speed. He has pretty good technique and strength, but is more raw than Hutchinson on his technique, but has great upside. In the Penn State game, Ojabo was just destroying LT Rasheed Walker with his speed, but Walker fared a little better against Hutchinson. Hutchinson did the bulk of his tremendous damage against RT Caeden Wallace. Wallace fared better against Ojabo. 

This draft is shaping up to have several tremendous pass rushers that should be taken in round 1. Thibodeaux, Hutchinson and Ojabo are the top guys, but you also have Jermaine Johnson of Florida State, Drake Jackson of USC and Cameron Thomas of SDSU who could go in round 1. Another guy I really, really like that could go in late round 2 or early round 3 is Sam Williams of Mississippi. He's quietly becoming one of the most feared DE/OLB in the NCAA. I'd expect by the end of the season, he's gonna become less of a secret and may even sneak into the bottom part of the first round as well.

(11-17-2021, 04:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 11:29 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: I see your point about the centerpiece pass rusher but Allen is that piece. That is why I think Ojabo would be a good fit here. Don't get me wrong, if Hutch is available when we pick it would be hard not to take him instead. I just an not sure he will be there when we pick.

Ojabo and Hutchinson are two different types of DE/OLB's. Hutchinson is a powerful bull rusher that uses strength, technique and pure will to drive passed his blockers while Ojabo is fast off the line and blows pass OT's using his speed. He has pretty good technique and strength, but is more raw than Hutchinson on his technique, but has great upside. In the Penn State game, Ojabo was just destroying LT Rasheed Walker with his speed, but Walker fared a little better against Hutchinson. Hutchinson did the bulk of his tremendous damage against RT Caeden Wallace. Wallace fared better against Ojabo. 

This draft is shaping up to have several tremendous pass rushers that should be taken in round 1. Thibodeaux, Hutchinson and Ojabo are the top guys, but you also have Jermaine Johnson of Florida State, Drake Jackson of USC and Cameron Thomas of SDSU who could go in round 1. Another guy I really, really like that could go in late round 2 or early round 3 is Sam Williams of Mississippi. He's quietly becoming one of the most feared DE/OLB in the NCAA. I'd expect by the end of the season, he's gonna become less of a secret and may even sneak into the bottom part of the first round as well.
Oh I agree with you Hutch is a DE not OLB. We have serviceable DEs. We need another OLB and Ojabo looks to be the best of those for next year's draft. I just feel he is a better fit for our needs but don't get me wrong, I think a BAP approach will lead to long term success on draft picks. IF, and it's a big if, our scouting department gets better.... lots better.

(11-17-2021, 04:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 11:29 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: I see your point about the centerpiece pass rusher but Allen is that piece. That is why I think Ojabo would be a good fit here. Don't get me wrong, if Hutch is available when we pick it would be hard not to take him instead. I just an not sure he will be there when we pick.

Fair assessments or no?
Hutch - Kerrigan
Ojabo - Yan

(11-18-2021, 10:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 04:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ojabo and Hutchinson are two different types of DE/OLB's. Hutchinson is a powerful bull rusher that uses strength, technique and pure will to drive passed his blockers while Ojabo is fast off the line and blows pass OT's using his speed. He has pretty good technique and strength, but is more raw than Hutchinson on his technique, but has great upside. In the Penn State game, Ojabo was just destroying LT Rasheed Walker with his speed, but Walker fared a little better against Hutchinson. Hutchinson did the bulk of his tremendous damage against RT Caeden Wallace. Wallace fared better against Ojabo. 

Fair assessments or no?
Hutch - Kerrigan
Ojabo - Yan

Ojabo is definitely better than Yannick Ngakoue. Personally, I see Ojabo as very similar to Josh Allen. Imagine having two of him.

Ojabo looks like Ojulari to me. A little light in the pants to play SAM. I think he'll be very good and won't be upset if we wind up with him, but he's 3rd in line for me right now after Hutch and Karlaftis.

(11-18-2021, 11:42 AM)Upper Wrote: Ojabo looks like Ojulari to me. A little light in the pants to play SAM. I think he'll be very good and won't be upset if we wind up with him, but he's 3rd in line for me right now after Hutch and Karlaftis.

Personally, I don't get the fascination with Karlaftis at all. That guy is inconsistent as hell. I watched him play against Nebraska and Ohio State and he was a complete non-factor. I was expecting a lot from him, but I got nothing.

(11-18-2021, 11:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 11:42 AM)Upper Wrote: Ojabo looks like Ojulari to me. A little light in the pants to play SAM. I think he'll be very good and won't be upset if we wind up with him, but he's 3rd in line for me right now after Hutch and Karlaftis.

Personally, I don't get the fascination with Karlaftis at all. That guy is inconsistent as hell. I watched him play against Nebraska and Ohio State and he was a complete non-factor. I was expecting a lot from him, but I got nothing.

Pass rushing big ends are rare. He has the traits to be a force.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 11:57 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-18-2021, 11:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 11:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I don't get the fascination with Karlaftis at all. That guy is inconsistent as hell. I watched him play against Nebraska and Ohio State and he was a complete non-factor. I was expecting a lot from him, but I got nothing.

Pass rushing big ends are rare. He has the traits to be a force.

Just like Taven Bryan was? Pass. I value consistency.

His production and film are 100x what Tavens was...

(11-18-2021, 11:57 AM)Upper Wrote: His production and film are 100x what Tavens was...

I didn't see much production when I watched him and he only has like 2.5 sacks on the season, but to each their own.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 12:36 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-18-2021, 11:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 10:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: Fair assessments or no?
Hutch - Kerrigan
Ojabo - Yan

Ojabo is definitely better than Yannick Ngakoue. Personally, I see Ojabo as very similar to Josh Allen. Imagine having two of him.
Easy now. Yan is playing pretty great this year and has multiple years of being a great pass rusher.

Yan and Josh Allen would be pretty awesome together.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 06:39 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-18-2021, 12:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 11:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ojabo is definitely better than Yannick Ngakoue. Personally, I see Ojabo as very similar to Josh Allen. Imagine having two of him.
Easy now. Yan is playing pretty great this year and has multiple years of being a great pass rusher.

Yan and Josh Allen would be pretty awesome together.

Nobody on this board was a bigger Yannick Ngakoue fan when we drafted him, than I was. I never said Yan wasn't good. He is and I wished we could've found a way to keep him and play opposite Josh Allen. We would've had a consistent pass rush. With that said, I believe Ojabo has a higher ceiling than Ngakoue. You know what would be better than having Ngakoue playing opposite Allen? Allen playing opposite Allen. Ojabo reminds me so much of Allen and Josh Allen was the #1 overall player on my board when we drafted him. 

Even if we don't select Ojabo or Hutchinson and decide to address another position in round 1 this coming draft, there is a ton of great edge rushers that will be available. It's so deep. I actually have some hope that that position can be filled with a really good player, be it round 1, 2 or 3.

(11-15-2021, 08:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 07:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Williams keeps it up, he's definitely a top 10 pick, as long as he runs a 4.5/40 or better.

There is absolutely no way, what so ever that Davante Adams is gonna want to come to Jacksonville. I don't see Godwin coming here either. Our team is a complete mess from top to bottom. No FA with any clout is gonna want to come here, unless they have no other options. With that said, I think more realistic options at WR might be Mike Williams, Antonio Brown, Courtland Sutton or even re-signing D.J. Chark and I'm not sure we could lure one of these guys either, especially if the rumors were true that we "low-balled" a bunch of free agents last offseason. None of the guys I mentioned would be "difference makers" anyway. It would be really nice to get a big name free agent WR, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. These guys are gonna have options to go to much better organizations.
I don’t think Sutton is a FA. Maybe he could be had via trade.

I would like to see the Jags make a major splash at WR via a trade like Diggs or Hopkins. McLaurin, DJ Moore, Ridley (maybe he’s ready to play), Tee Higgins…. I never thought Hopkins or Diggs would be available so maybe one of these guys has a chance to be nabbed.

Sutton just signed an extension with the Broncos today. He will not hit free agency after all.

I like Hutchinson. See a little bit of flashes of Jared Allen in his motor, tenacity and rip move. Been fun to watch here and there this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2021, 04:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-27-2021, 03:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like Hutchinson. See a little bit of flashes of Jared Allen in his motor, tenacity and rip move. Been fun to watch here and there this year.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Hutchinson challenged Thibodeaux as the #1 overall player taken in the next draft. He is absolutely destroying one of the best OT's in the next draft class, Nicholas Petit-Frere. When Hutchinson is "on," he's unblockable. I can easily see him and Thibodeaux going #1 and #2 overall. Edge rushers like those two are gonna go extremely high in the draft.

(11-27-2021, 03:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like Hutchinson. See a little bit of flashes of Jared Allen in his motor, tenacity and rip move. Been fun to watch here and there this year.

Yeah, I'm on the Hutchinson band wagon, dudes a beast. Thibs and him have to be 1 and 2 on our big board