Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle down pitchfork and torch crowd. Meyer isn't going anywhere for the near future

(11-08-2021, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: We even did a QB sneak!

If they'd been able to do that most basic of football plays 2 months ago we'd have twice as many wins today.

By they you mean TLaw, right?  He tried to run option his way to a four yard fist down on the weekend.  Still learning.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-08-2021, 08:55 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If they'd been able to do that most basic of football plays 2 months ago we'd have twice as many wins today.

By they you mean TLaw, right?  He tried to run option his way to a four yard fist down on the weekend.  Still learning.

Uh huh. Here's your boy tossing TLaw under the bus.

"Urban Meyer on why no QB sneak for Trevor Lawrence from the six-inch line? "He's not quite comfortable with that yet. I know that might sound silly, but if you've never done it, it's something that we need to keep [working on] so that we can make that call in that situation." - Oct 10, 2021"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I want to see how they respond to this win next week before I express any form of excitement. They played the worst game in years after their win+bye last week. Let's see if Urban can put another good showing against a good team together.

(11-08-2021, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I want to see how they respond to this win next week before I express any form of excitement. They played the worst game in years after their win+bye last week. Let's see if Urban can put another good showing against a good team together.

Could be a blip but until the Seattle game, the team seemed to be showing steady improvement. Maybe the Seattle game was really the blip.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(11-08-2021, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I want to see how they respond to this win next week before I express any form of excitement. They played the worst game in years after their win+bye last week. Let's see if Urban can put another good showing against a good team together.

I don't even want to think about next week because we know what's going to happen. Let's savor this week and win, the clots will be ready when we get there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-08-2021, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I don't even want to think about next week because we know what's going to happen. Let's savor this week and win, the clots will be ready when we get there.

Wentz is fragile. If we have that same type of pass rush, we have a chance.

(11-08-2021, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't even want to think about next week because we know what's going to happen. Let's savor this week and win, the clots will be ready when we get there.

Wentz is fragile. If we have that same type of pass rush, we have a chance.

Any given Sunday.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 11:12 AM by Mikey.)

(11-07-2021, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It still took them 9 weeks to finally go with a lot more Big Nickle sets. About 7 weeks too late..

Some of us wanted this adjustment for weeks now. Why it took them so long to make the switch is head scratching.

(It took Claybrooks getting knocked into next week for them to figure it out)
IIRC Ford took his place after the concussing.

(11-08-2021, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:55 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: By they you mean TLaw, right?  He tried to run option his way to a four yard fist down on the weekend.  Still learning.

Uh huh. Here's your boy tossing TLaw under the bus.

"Urban Meyer on why no QB sneak for Trevor Lawrence from the six-inch line? "He's not quite comfortable with that yet. I know that might sound silly, but if you've never done it, it's something that we need to keep [working on] so that we can make that call in that situation." - Oct 10, 2021"

stupid facts getting in the way of narrative.

I think the lesson is that we need to never take time off again. Our worst showings of the year have come after we had an extra week to "prepare"

Meyer "losing the locker room"   Rolleyes 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...&context=3
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-08-2021, 11:10 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 05:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It still took them 9 weeks to finally go with a lot more Big Nickle sets. About 7 weeks too late..

Some of us wanted this adjustment for weeks now. Why it took them so long to make the switch is head scratching.

(It took Claybrooks getting knocked into next week for them to figure it out)

Naw Claybrooks didn't log any Defensive snaps yesterday.

Good to see them so stoked. This wasn't an issue of beating the next suckiest team, they beat one of teams projected to make the SB.

(11-08-2021, 07:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 11:10 AM)Mikey Wrote: (It took Claybrooks getting knocked into next week for them to figure it out)

Naw Claybrooks didn't log any Defensive snaps yesterday.

10-4.

I think we can pick up our pitchforks again.   Smile

*fires up torch, readies tar & feathers*

Oh you guys, Urban isn't the problem, if we had 53 probowlers we'd be undefeated.

Wasting Trevor's talent.

This offense is pathetic.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Urb will be out at season's end now that he sees what he's working with in Lawrence. I wouldn't blame him.

This team has been much more competive recently. I do agree Lawrence is hot garbage right now.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-14-2021, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh you guys, Urban isn't the problem, if we had 53 probowlers we'd be undefeated.

Just needs 52 Defensive Tackles to pair with Carlos Hyde!
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Urbs can still kick [BLEEP] rocks. 

Hopefully USC continues to hold strong and does us all a favor and throws a blank check at him in a couple months.