Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Color Rush

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016, 01:48 PM by David4499.)

New age liberal garbage. "we're all equal" hahaha... no, we're not... stand next to one of Hemming Plazas finest and tell him you're equal to him or her... He has nothing. He's been thrown away by people that say they're his equal. He doesn't have a phone to make up for his lack of intelligence like you do... People with smart phones consider themselves equal because they all have access to the same database and lack of ability to think for themselves once they look up at the real world.

Go Jaguars!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, and in art white and black are not considered colors. They are values, we add white or black to lighten or darken a color. We don't use white or black paint because you rarely see pure white or black.

Example. Look at a white piece of paper, you'll see lots of other colors on it from the environment around it reflecting on it.

On the note of us wearing all teal vs titans, the titans do have a dark blue color they could wear. Teal is quite lighter than their dark blue.

My problem is that our yellowish gold uniforms don't flow well with the titans light blue. Its just a bad color theme that would never be used as an artist. Again their dark blue and our gold would look a little bit better.

Just my two cents.

[Image: 2NSErNg.gif]

This is coming from a geology major, so this is in terms of a mineral. Color results from the way a mineral interacts with light. Sunlight is white light, which means it contains ALL colors in the spectrum. A mineral absorbs certain wavelengths, and the wavelength it doesn't absorb is the color you see. When sunlight hits falling water droplets in the atmosphere, you can see all the colors refracted (rainbow), so white is definitely a color.
No commercial messages in sigs

I probably shouldn't have gotten so heavily involved in this debate.  I didn't really pay attention in school.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:The Titans would have to wear white and then  it is not a color rush.

Someone needs to tell the Saints that.

[Image: IRKQY.png]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Lol...don't get her going again.

Quote:This is coming from a geology major, so this is in terms of a mineral. Color results from the way a mineral interacts with light. Sunlight is white light, which means it contains ALL colors in the spectrum. A mineral absorbs certain wavelengths, and the wavelength it doesn't absorb is the color you see. When sunlight hits falling water droplets in the atmosphere, you can see all the colors refracted (rainbow), so white is definitely a color.
Yep. Thank you.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Lol...don't get her going again.

Not getting anything going. Pointing out that there are white color rush uniforms is just a fact.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote: Thanks, BritJag!

I'm thrilled with the Lions win, though I was very concerned that for the 2nd straight opening game of the season, the Lions would lose after leading 21-3 in the 2nd QTR. Matthew Stafford took charge on that final drive, much like he has all off-season and summer. He's very comfortable in Offensive Coordinator Jim Bob Cooter's new Offense, much like he was under Cooter when he did over as Offensive Coordinator following a 1-6 start to the season. Stafford is close friends with Calvin Johnson but I think Stafford truly wants to show that he can win and play at a high level without Megatron.

On top of the win, the fact that the Lions aren't wearing the black Color Rush jersey on Thanksgiving Day and in any game this season is an added unexpected bonus.

I'm loving the new aggressive leader in Stafford.

We don't deal in facts around here.  Just opinions and speculations.  You should know these things.

Quote:We don't deal in facts around here. Just opinions and speculations. You should know these things.

Sorry. Then as a Jags fan, our color rush would look fine if we weren't playing the puketastic titans franchise again on TNF.

<<<<<<<<<<< looks good
Quote:I would be in favor of an All Gold Helmet with Black facemask.

I'm with D6. Personally, I like the traditional uniforms.

Color Rush is cool for a lot of people though, and I understand it. But, I don't like it. I will say though,, I'm really interested in Cincy when they wear their color rush. It's supposed to be all white with the black stripes on their helmets. That really will look like a white Bengal tiger.

Other than that, I like the throwback uniforms myself.

Quote:I'm with D6. Personally, I like the traditional uniforms.

Color Rush is cool for a lot of people though, and I understand it. But, I don't like it. I will say though,, I'm really interested in Cincy when they wear their color rush. It's supposed to be all white with the black stripes on their helmets. That really will look like a white Bengal tiger.

Other than that, I like the throwback uniforms myself.

Bengal tigers are orange. White tigers (called snow tigers) are a different species.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016, 04:34 PM by jagherd.)

Actually, per Google:

"The gene for white coating is quite common among Bengal tigers."

Bengals are also orange; they can be either orange or white.

Quote:We don't deal in facts around here.  Just opinions and speculations.  You should know these things.

Fact-based opinions and speculations are all over the forum.

To try to get this debacle of a thread back on topic, I think the Jaguars could have something cool going with the gold jerseys in the same way the Lakers have their gold/yellow and purple jersey. I would love for the Jags to wear gold jerseys with black pants for home games and then go all black for road games. I know it has like a .01 percent chance of happening, but I think it would be a unique thing the Jags could pull off.

;

;

Quote:To try to get this debacle of a thread back on topic, I think the Jaguars could have something cool going with the gold jerseys in the same way the Lakers have their gold/yellow and purple jersey. I would love for the Jags to wear gold jerseys with black pants for home games and then go all black for road games. I know it has like a .01 percent chance of happening, but I think it would be a unique thing the Jags could pull off.

I always thought teal on black would have been perfect, but we never did it.

Quote:Someone needs to tell the Saints that.

[Image: IRKQY.png]

That looks like a white color rush uni...