Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PSA: Jaguars Press Conference at 11:50 AM

(02-07-2022, 02:13 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 01:59 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: So do you have a mental health issue that you constantly associate someone who is propogating a certain coach as being part of their immediate family? You've done it more than once. Seems strange.

He probably just finds it strange that you were a Seahawks fan or just posted on there fan forum about bevell to then become a jags fan or again just someone who wants to talk about bevell, if you’re not a member of his immediately family if I was him I’d be a little put off by your seeming obsession of him
Well then why not just say that instead of being a jackass with all that mrs. or immediate family foolishness?
And you're right, I do think Bevell is a good coach and is well-suited for a head position. There was a coaching search going on here and I was just putting my 2 cents in about that. No different than the Leftwich supporters  who had hoped for the same outcome.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-07-2022, 02:21 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 02:13 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: He probably just finds it strange that you were a Seahawks fan or just posted on there fan forum about bevell to then become a jags fan or again just someone who wants to talk about bevell, if you’re not a member of his immediately family if I was him I’d be a little put off by your seeming obsession of him
Well then why not just say that instead of being a jackass with all that mrs. or immediate family foolishness?
And you're right, I do think Bevell is a good coach and is well-suited for a head position. There was a coaching search going on here and I was just putting my 2 cents in about that. No different than the Leftwich supporters  who had hoped for the same outcome.
Completely understand that, but on the other hand I don’t believe those fans will be on some other teams message bored next season sending 100 messages about lions needing to hire leftwich

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 03:20 PM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-07-2022, 02:52 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 02:21 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Well then why not just say that instead of being a jackass with all that mrs. or immediate family foolishness?
Completely understand that, but on the other hand I don’t believe those fans will be on some other teams message bored next season sending 100 messages about lions needing to hire leftwich
Difference there is that Bevell was here all season, as have I. Still would like to know the status of the assistants' contracts (more than 1 year?) Sonjay and Cullen, I believe, are the only ones to lock up deals with other teams at this point.
And back to Bevell, many of those 100 posts were in direct response to others' inquiries or pot shots.

(02-07-2022, 01:59 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 01:48 PM)scottyg Wrote: Wow, you just jumped to a new level of saltiness now that your dad/husband/cousin/maybe Darrell (whomever you are anyway) didn't get the HC position.  Guess we won't see and hear from you much longer, much less in 5 years to revisit this thread.

FWIW, I like Darrell and wish him well.  Please tell him I said so.  And I think a lot of people here probably feel that way...  Your stubborn insistence has taken a lot of people to take anti-Darrell stances that wouldn't normally have been considered otherwise.
So do you have a mental health issue that you constantly associate someone who is propogating a certain coach as being part of their immediate family? You've done it more than once. Seems strange.

Pretty much everyone has come to the conclusion that you are a close relation with Bevell.  If not, perhaps you're something of a psycho stalker kettle type who goes around hurling insults at the pot.

At the very least, you've become much more aggressive in your insulting tendencies in the past couple of days.  I expect you are on the way out, so don't let the door hit you...

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 04:16 PM by JaggedSioux.)

(02-07-2022, 03:42 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 01:59 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: So do you have a mental health issue that you constantly associate someone who is propogating a certain coach as being part of their immediate family? You've done it more than once. Seems strange.

Pretty much everyone has come to the conclusion that you are a close relation with Bevell.  If not, perhaps you're something of a psycho stalker kettle type who goes around hurling insults at the pot.

At the very least, you've become much more aggressive in your insulting tendencies in the past couple of days.  I expect you are on the way out, so don't let the door hit you...
Is "pretty much everyone" you and your two burner accounts? You began the slinging of the insults, so stick it up your ....

(02-07-2022, 01:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 03:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I claimed Kay Adams a few years ago.   I also claimed Katie Nolan as my backup.   I guess I was sticking with the Kay/Katie theme.

I do like Mia as well .... here is a cool video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0E8JytonOk

I'll take Rachel Bonnetta

I'm more of a Laura Rutledge guy, but Bonnetta looks fun too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

1010xl just aired an interview with Doug Pederson.

It was short, but informative. Among the items covered...

1. The team is likely to run a 3-4 scheme. Pederson indicated he's always liked the formation, the LBs utilized are also typically good special teams players, and once you have stocked a 3-4 defense, it's hard to switch over in one offseason.

2. In terms of how to build a team (trenches vs. playmakers) he sides with building from the trenches.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-07-2022, 04:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1010xl just aired an interview with Doug Pederson.

It was short, but informative.  Among the items covered...

1.  The team is likely to run a 3-4 scheme.  Pederson indicated he's always liked the formation, the LBs utilized are also typically good special teams players, and once you have stocked a 3-4 defense, it's hard to switch over in one offseason.

2.  In terms of how to build a team (trenches vs. playmakers) he sides with building from the trenches.

I hope Baalke was listening.

(02-07-2022, 05:09 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 04:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1010xl just aired an interview with Doug Pederson.

1.  The team is likely to run a 3-4 scheme.  Pederson indicated he's always liked the formation, the LBs utilized are also typically good special teams players, and once you have stocked a 3-4 defense, it's hard to switch over in one offseason.

2.  In terms of how to build a team (trenches vs. playmakers) he sides with building from the trenches.

I hope Baalke was listening.

Baalke: Don't worry I was listening. I'm looking up players in the trenches who tore their ACL as we speak.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(02-07-2022, 05:49 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 05:09 PM)Mikey Wrote: I hope Baalke was listening.

Baalke: Don't worry I was listening. I'm looking up players in the trenches who tore their ACL as we speak
Hahaha
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(02-07-2022, 05:49 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 05:09 PM)Mikey Wrote: I hope Baalke was listening.

Baalke: Don't worry I was listening. I'm looking up players in the trenches who tore their ACL as we speak.

man, that's as timely as a tarp joke.

(02-07-2022, 04:15 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 03:42 PM)scottyg Wrote: Pretty much everyone has come to the conclusion that you are a close relation with Bevell.  If not, perhaps you're something of a psycho stalker kettle type who goes around hurling insults at the pot.

Is "pretty much everyone" you and your two burner accounts? You began the slinging of the insults, so stick it up your ....

It seems to be the board consensus that you are related to Darrell.  Seahawks board apparently came to the same conclusion.
As far as insults go, if suggesting you are a member of the Bevell family is an insult, then I'm guilty as charged...  Sorry.

(02-08-2022, 09:42 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 04:15 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Is "pretty much everyone" you and your two burner accounts? You began the slinging of the insults, so stick it up your ....

It seems to be the board consensus that you are related to Darrell.  Seahawks board apparently came to the same conclusion.
As far as insults go, if suggesting you are a member of the Bevell family is an insult, then I'm guilty as charged...  Sorry.

Once again, "board consensus" being you and your two burner accounts.
I understand your flaws now, so I won't engage your odd family linkage. I'll just write it off as your best effort at some form of humor to mask obvious insecurity issues. Carry on.

Which is a good concept and one I really believe in. This is just a bad year to need an OT. The quality isn't there and I'm sick of drafting bad OT's.

I believe in building through the dline, not so much the oline. I would much rather have elite playmakers and an average OL than the other way around on offense.

If you have a true franchise QB you just need to have an average oline across the board. As we already saw, Trevor turned a horrible oline into one that was statistically not horrible.

The big thing is not having a glaring weakness on an oline. For example, the Bengals are getting their massive RG weakness hunted all game long. If we can manage to draft and sign one starting IOL each and then tag Cam and move him to RT I think we can have an average OL that Trevor can succeed behind just fine.

(02-08-2022, 11:32 AM)Upper Wrote: I believe in building through the dline, not so much the oline. I would much rather have elite playmakers and an average OL than the other way around on offense.

If you have a true franchise QB you just need to have an average oline across the board. As we already saw, Trevor turned a horrible oline into one that was statistically not horrible.

The big thing is not having a glaring weakness on an oline. For example, the Bengals are getting their massive RG weakness hunted all game long. If we can manage to draft and sign one starting IOL each and then tag Cam and move him to RT I think we can have an average OL that Trevor can succeed behind just fine.
Rams DLine is going to feast. All comes down to if Burrow can be a magician one last time.

(02-08-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rams DLine is going to feast. All comes down to if Burrow can be a magician one last time.

Jeffrey Simmons, Chris Jones, and now Aaron Donald...what a gauntlet.

(02-08-2022, 10:19 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 09:42 AM)scottyg Wrote: It seems to be the board consensus that you are related to Darrell.  Seahawks board apparently came to the same conclusion.

Once again, "board consensus" being you and your two burner accounts.
I understand your flaws now, so I won't engage your odd family linkage. I'll just write it off as your best effort at some form of humor to mask obvious insecurity issues. Carry on.

You're funny.

(02-07-2022, 01:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 03:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I claimed Kay Adams a few years ago.   I also claimed Katie Nolan as my backup.   I guess I was sticking with the Kay/Katie theme.

I do like Mia as well .... here is a cool video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0E8JytonOk

I'll take Rachel Bonnetta

an airhead.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-08-2022, 10:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Which is a good concept and one I really believe in. This is just a bad year to need an OT. The quality isn't there and I'm sick of drafting bad OT's.

So you still dislike Neal?

I think if we are stuck at 1, Neal or Ekwonu (if the team thinks he is a T) is the guy.  If so, I'm not sure I am opposed to either eventuality.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!