Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Jags at Commanders...

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2022, 03:44 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Whoever wins this game will be won in the trenches imo. Which ever teams line wins the battle is who i think wins. Wash. is favored by 3

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2022, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 03:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Depends on the manner in which we lose. If we lose to a game winning field goal? I can live with that. If we lose the game in the first half and we're down by three to four touchdowns? Then, yes, I would agree. It's going to be a long season. Washington may not be the best team. 

However, that doesn't take away the fact that they have managed to win seven games in back-to-back seasons with a relatively solid coaching staff. The biggest problem in Washington is ownership and the circus he's created off the field due to his own toxic and inappropriate behavior. 

There's something else worth noting about this football team as well from last year. When they came back from their bye week? They went on a four game winning streak where they managed to beat Tampa Bay by 10, Carolina by 6, Seattle by 2 & Las Vegas by 2. This was with Taylor Heinicke at QB and really only Terry McLaurin as a receiving threat.

Wouldn't sleep on this football team at all this year. Especially on the road, rebranded with a new identity finally in a season opener.

Yeah,  I hope we win but its not like this team is trash.  They have a damn good dline, a decent oline, a really good WR group with the additon to Dotson now, good RB, and corners.  Its in Washington as well.
Can’t disagree with much here except it being in Washington as an advantage. 

I live here and no one goes to games. You legit can’t give away tickets to people. Every Washington fan hates Snyder so they’re essentially boycotting the games. There is no home field advantage here. It’s essentially a neutral game.

A win would be a huge statement to start the season.

(09-05-2022, 04:26 PM)Newton Wrote: A win would be a huge statement to start the season.

It would be nice but I distinctly recall the Jags beating the Colts by 7 in Week 1 of 2020.   Since that game, the Jags have gone 4-29

Sept 13, 2020 
Jags 27 - Colts 20

Final Record 
Jags 1-15

Im going to have a lot of money on this game so i hope we do pull it off

I'm sure wentz remembers the last time he faced the Jaguars... that's got to stick in his head.  Ninja
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-05-2022, 05:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 04:26 PM)Newton Wrote: A win would be a huge statement to start the season.

It would be nice but I distinctly recall the Jags beating the Colts by 7 in Week 1 of 2020.   Since that game, the Jags have gone 4-29

Sept 13, 2020 
Jags 27 - Colts 20

Final Record 
Jags 1-15

Are there any players or coaches left from that season? Not many I'd guess.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I am glad to see James Robinson is playing.

(09-05-2022, 11:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 10:45 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Other than the tinhorns, it's probably the most winnable game in the early part of the schedule. On paper the Jags look like they should win. But I hear what you're saying. There are no gimmies in the NFL.

I think Wentz is going to make a mistake or two in this one and it'll ultimately result in a ten point difference. I think Pederson will keep it short and simple with Lawrence in the opener. Get some misdirection plays going and take a few limited shots but I expect to see a healthy dose of Etienne early and often on the road. 

This is what I am thinking overall. Walker probably gets a sack in this game and Allen probably forces a tipped pass that turns into an INT. Hopefully it falls right into Cisco's hands. I think Lawrence might have a big run for a TD in this one as well.

Interesting as I see Pederson as a riverboat gambler and taking a deep shot or two early to put the defence off balance, then pulling it in close then going over the top again.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

What's the countdown now

We need a win to start the season and build some confidence. I think it will make a huge difference in terms of our W-L record.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2022, 08:46 PM by rpr52121. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-05-2022, 11:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 10:45 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Other than the tinhorns, it's probably the most winnable game in the early part of the schedule. On paper the Jags look like they should win. But I hear what you're saying. There are no gimmies in the NFL.

I think Wentz is going to make a mistake or two in this one and it'll ultimately result in a ten point difference. I think Pederson will keep it short and simple with Lawrence in the opener. Get some misdirection plays going and take a few limited shots but I expect to see a healthy dose of Etienne early and often on the road. 

This is what I am thinking overall. Walker probably gets a sack in this game and Allen probably forces a tipped pass that turns into an INT. Hopefully it falls right into Cisco's hands. I think Lawrence might have a big run for a TD in this one as well.

(09-05-2022, 12:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 02:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is beginning to look like a "stop the run and let Wentz get pressured into mistakes" game plan to me.

Jags added horses to the defense. Time to find out if it was enough. Yeah, they'll "gel" over time, but they look pretty good in preseason. I feel like this will be a good test.

(09-05-2022, 11:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [b]I think Pederson will keep it short and simple with Lawrence in the opener. Get some misdirection plays going and take a few limited shots but I expect to see a healthy dose of Etienne early and often on the road. 

Yep, I'm still on this as well. 

Shore up the run D and make Wentz throw it. Should be able to pressure him. 

Dial up the dink and dunk passes with occasional shots downfield plus a healthy dose of the run game and the Jags might be able to control this one.

I kind of disagree. The Jags were horrible at down field passing last year and Pederson was known for getting TE/RB involved which typically means short/intermediate passes. While the Jags do have some speed at WR/TE, none have a reputation to scare a defense and none are known for being great at jump balls.

If I were Wash, I try to take away the intermediate stuff, limit the short stuff with minimal yards after contact especially with Robinson still questionable effectiveness given end of rehab, a rookie Conner, and more of a speed back in ETN. Basically daring the Jags to beat them deep.

(09-05-2022, 07:16 PM)copycat Wrote: Interesting as I see Pederson as a riverboat gambler and taking a deep shot or two early to put the defence off balance, then pulling it in close then going over the top again.

I don't know if he is a riverboat gambler, but I would definitely try to get the defense off balance. Especially with the 1st game on the road, maybe try to use pseudo hurry  with a nearly scripted first series with aggressiveness on 1st/2nd down up to get some rhythm and make the crowd noise less of a factor at the start of the game.

(09-05-2022, 06:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 05:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It would be nice but I distinctly recall the Jags beating the Colts by 7 in Week 1 of 2020.   Since that game, the Jags have gone 4-29

Sept 13, 2020 
Jags 27 - Colts 20

Final Record 
Jags 1-15

Are there any players or coaches left from that season? Not many I'd guess.

Josh Allen, Bartch, Chaisson, Claybrooks, Cooke, Gotsis, Hamilton, Herndon, Quarterman, Cam Robinson, James Robinson, Shatley, Smoot, Taylor, Thomas and Wingard are the only guys who were on that 2020 roster that are still on this current roster.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/09...s-in-2022/

Get out the guillotines

The game is at 3am Monday morning my time

I'd wake up for it at 5

3 a bit to early for my liking for a Monday

The pre aseason games were at perfect times for me

9am on saturday/Sunday

Easy watch

I dont know what to make of this game. Ive tried to sell myself on Lawrence over the past few weeks and will just go into this game with an open mind and without critique. Hopefully he shows us his actual potential and stsrts off strong. I do however, think our defense is gonna be strong this season. I still think if i had to bet money, we lose 21-17. I think without james robinson being 100% we will rely a bit too heavily on Trevor and i expect him to maybe throw an int or two. Still, think we see a close game mainly because of our d and carson wentz being carson wentz but their talent level overall is absurdly higher than ours imo

(09-05-2022, 08:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 06:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Are there any players or coaches left from that season? Not many I'd guess.

Josh Allen, Bartch, Chaisson, Claybrooks, Cooke, Gotsis, Hamilton, Herndon, Quarterman, Cam Robinson, James Robinson, Shatley, Smoot, Taylor, Thomas and Wingard are the only guys who were on that 2020 roster that are still on this current roster.

And 6 starters if I'm counting right. More than I would have guessed without looking but still a big turnover. The team should perform quite a bit differently than 2020.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I predict a jaguars loss. 20-13 for the commanders and 14 threads saying how we got a moral vitory afterwards.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2022, 12:08 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-06-2022, 03:26 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: The game is at 3am Monday morning my time

I'd wake up for it at 5

3 a bit to early for my liking for a Monday

The pre aseason games were at perfect times for me

9am on saturday/Sunday

Easy watch

Wow ... where are you to have a 14 hour time difference?  I recall the inconvenience of the NBA finals being on at 3am in Barcelona a few months ago (but that was only a 6 hour time difference from my East Coast USA time zone).

Jags are gonna start 2-0. The Commanders are not more talented than we are.