Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Colts vs Jags

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2022, 06:06 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

Would like to see:
1) Lawrence make the easy throws he's supposed to make, with touch and catchibility, and run if pass prot breaks down. Take what you are given, don't press unless needed.
2) reduce the drops
3) Defense play better against the run, which this week would be holding Taylor to under 90.
4) Stop the careless penalties
5) Tighten up kicking game
6) Pressure on Ryan. He's a statue
7) Don't join the Nate Hackett School of Clock Management
8) take the 3 pt kicks early if you can, pending the feel/flow of the game. We don't need to go on 4th at midfield every time

This would be a good time to get an early win, because the AFC West looms large on the horizon.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2022, 06:04 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Not sure if I have ever seen this for us. I dont ever remember seeing a blank injury report for the Jags

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15705...fRG7WVBADw

Sadly, the law of averages catch up with the Jags this week. 20-17 clots.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-15-2022, 05:17 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: If this season is amounting to anything great then we will win this game.  It's a big hole to go 0-2 with a home division loss in a game where we normally dominate.  Our schedule isn't favorable after that.  We could be in #1 draft pick mode in Week 5.

As far as I can tell, no team has had the #1 pick three years in a row.  That would be a rather infamous honor were the Jags to manage it.

(09-15-2022, 05:52 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 08:12 AM)Mikey Wrote: Man we need witty coaches like that today...that's beautiful

My favorite McKayism had to be when he was asked by a reporter post game
Q: How did you feel about the execution of your offense?
A: I'm in favor of it.

Imagine Gus starting out 0-8 like he usually did, then winning game 9 and telling the reporters “3 or 4 plane crashes and we’re in the playoffs.”
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Pittman went from limited to DNP yesterday

Is Darius Leonard playing?

(09-16-2022, 08:44 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Is Darius Leonard playing?

I haven't heard anything yet. The artist formerly know as Darius is now going by his name Shaquille.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 09:47 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-16-2022, 08:44 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Is Darius Leonard playing?

If been wondering the same.  They are not the same team without Leonard

We should be able to get pressure on the edges with Allen and Walker. Their tackles arr the week spot on the oline

(09-16-2022, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/15707...ZzwpwntdSg

They’re scared.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 10:24 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-16-2022, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/15707...ZzwpwntdSg

This is a "come to Jesus" moment for Frank Reich and this staff. Irsay is [BLEEP] unhinged man. They [BLEEP] around and lose this game this Sunday? There's no telling who is fixing to lose their head. Reich will probably be the one to get it early this year if they completely look inept and incapable of beating the woeful Jaguars. 

Man, I hope like hell we see them get pistol whipped in the home opener this Sunday. Please, football Gods, if you're listening. Let Lawrence throw like he's possessed by the lightning God himself, Zeus. May Etienne and Robinson be as fast and as furious as Ares, the God of War himself. May Kirk and the Jones' brothers have the speed of Hermes. 

May Allen and Walker bring the strength of Hercules to their opponents and strike them down to meet Hades in the abyss of hell. 

Let's [BLEEP] go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If we look good against the Colts I think we will have some confidence going to LA against the Chargers and we could take that one without Herbert

(09-16-2022, 10:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we look good against the Colts I think we will have some confidence going to LA against the Chargers and we could take that one without Herbert

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

(09-16-2022, 10:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we look good against the Colts I think we will have some confidence going to LA against the Chargers and we could take that one without Herbert
Let's keep it just one game at a time man.

mid 3rd quarter: Colts 31, Jags 12.
End game: Colts 41, Jags 31.

Leonard out is huge.

If Leonard, Buckner, AND Pittman don't play? We have zero excuses Sunday

(09-16-2022, 01:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1570...zOMsyf55eQ

(09-16-2022, 02:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Leonard out is huge.

Yeah. Agreed. Pierce didn't really do anything in week one though. Taylor is still the player you have to gameplan around and Pittman is going to be a headache no matter where he's at on the field.

They have to be aggressive on defense. Especially at home in an opener. Keep the ball in front of you and your gaps filled but don't hesitate to get after Ryan on 3rd and obvious passing situations.

(09-16-2022, 02:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 01:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1570...zOMsyf55eQ

(09-16-2022, 02:02 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Leonard out is huge.

Yeah. Agreed. Pierce didn't really do anything in week one though. Taylor is still the player you have to gameplan around and Pittman is going to be a headache no matter where he's at on the field.

They have to be aggressive on defense. Especially at home in an opener. Keep the ball in front of you and your gaps filled but don't hesitate to get after Ryan on 3rd and obvious passing situations.
From what I gathered, looks like Buckner, Kenny Moore and Pittman will try to give it a go. Either way, they won't be 100%. This is a game the Jags absolutely SHOULD win after seeing how hobbled the clots are.