Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Robinson to the Jets

(10-24-2022, 08:41 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:27 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: If Robinson runs for 260 more yards this szn then it will become a 5th.

Dude's probably gonna get that in the next 2 games.  Still would have kept him over a 5th even if they were letting him walk at the end of the year.

Even if ETN gets injured, I don't see why you feel this way after watching the last 6 games.   Please explain what THIS version of Robinson gives you the feeling that he's valuable this season.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022, 11:00 PM by JaguarJosh2.)

Not a fan of this move whatsoever. I know big surprise.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022, 11:27 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

He'll do well for the Jets. The perfect style of team for his game. Wilson isnt ready to carry the team, and the Jets win ugly. Its critical now that ETN stays upright. No one knows when he'll hit his rookie wall. It may not matter, but if somehow we rebound and challenge for a WC spot, we may not have a 100% ETN to lean on.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-24-2022, 09:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I look forward to Robinson rushing for 150+ yards against us on national tv

LOL, it may happen.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I hate this move. Robinson has been so undervalued here. My only knock on the dude is he didn't seem to move the sticks well on short downs.

Guess Publix is gonna have to cancel that commercial with his GF, unless NYC has a Publix (it doesnt).

(10-24-2022, 11:14 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: He'll do well for the Jets. The perfect style of team for his game. Wilson isnt ready to carry the team, and the Jets win ugly. Its critical now that ETN stays upright. No one knows when he'll hit his rookie wall.  It may not matter, but if somehow we rebound and challenge for a WC spot, we may not have a 100% ETN to lean on.

It is written that ETN goes down with another year-long injury against Denver. Then we are down to Hasty who I had not even heard about until two or three games ago, and Snoop whom everyone seems to think is a bust.

(10-24-2022, 11:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Guess Publix is gonna have to cancel that commercial with his GF, unless NYC has a Publix (it doesnt).

Publix marketing department must’ve gotten a huge budget cut this year.

I don’t know what’s more pathetic..  her seeking work while riding his fame as his GF or Publix hiring not JRob, but his GF instead.

I like James a lot, but I'm OK with this move for a number of reasons:
- His contract is up after this season, and he probably wasn't going to get a big contract from us.
- He came back from that Achilles injury, but how much did that take out of him?
- He has good vision, and is a tough runner, but he's not explosive at all.
- Travis Etienne is just plain better.
- We have Trevor Lawrence as our QB, and we are always going to be a pass first team.
- JRob was undrafted and we are probably going to get a fifth round pick for him.
- Although I'm a fan and hate to see him go, my head tells me we probably won't miss him that much.
- In addition to Etienne, Hasty has looked decent in the last couple of games.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

This year was always going to be a throw away. The Owner is very patient and doesn't care if the fans take it in the shorts. Baalke is what he is and got some draft fodder. This is a team that is improving but it isn't going anywhere any time soon.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

As soon as he gets to 600yards punt him lol

(10-24-2022, 08:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:05 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Yeah I think he’ll do good but teams will soon sell out to stop the run. You can’t consistently win with QB play like Wilson’s
Breece was special and explosive. That’s the exact opposite of JRob. Not to mention the Jets just lost AVT for the season.

Like the difference between JRob and ETN. JRob is good ,when healthy, but there's a reason Breece Hall and ETN were considered first round type talents and JRob went undrafted.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 05:45 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

I guess this means they're writing off this season and looking to the future.  JRob is a nice RB, but his contract is almost up, and he did have a serious injury, which, even after he recovers, should shorten the already short shelf life RBs normally have.

So I guess, if I try, I can persuade myself that this makes sense.

(10-25-2022, 02:25 AM)WYjagsfan Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Breece was special and explosive. That’s the exact opposite of JRob. Not to mention the Jets just lost AVT for the season.

Like the difference between JRob and ETN. JRob is good ,when healthy, but there's a reason Breece Hall and ETN were considered first round type talents and JRob went undrafted.

Good point.

(10-24-2022, 09:02 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is there any chance we use that pick and another to try to trade for someone that can help this team before the deadline?

Being honest, a 6th rounder is unlikely to be a starter or quality depth. May help you move up on draft day in the late 3rd/4th round but I agree, would rather see it used to bring in someone now that will improve us.

Like who though? Guys that could improve us are going to be prohibitively expensive or just not available. Good players available for trade are usually older and there for the short term and that's not what we need atm.

Pederson said JRob is dealing with some knee issues right now.

(10-25-2022, 07:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Pederson said JRob is dealing with some knee issues right now.

Yep. It was a good move to unload him when we could still get something. I understand fans being disappointed in this trade but it was a sound decision. 

We won’t miss him for long.

Still can’t get on board with this. Better pray ETN doesn’t go down

Why are some of Y'all So Butt Hurt about this decision?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 07:53 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-25-2022, 07:37 AM)NH3 Wrote: Why are some of Y'all So Butt Hurt about this decision?

NH3...

I am not. It's a business decision. I think the main issues and concerns that I have as well as a few others have pointed out though:

1. A 6th round pick / conditional 5th RD pick seems pretty low in this trade scenario. Especially when you consider you're giving up a guy that was proven to be productive, and, in the Jets case? You would think we would actually have the leverage. 

They just lost Breece Hall with an injury and they clearly rely on the running game to succeed. Baalke seems to have been fleeced in this situation. Also, you just gave them a strength to build upon it's already established strength. Thus, potentially devaluing the 5th or 6th RD pick in the grand scheme of things. 

2. There's no viable back up plan if Etienne goes down with an injury. Hasty has flashed but we don't know what he can do. To further add insult, which, again, goes back to Baalke. They traded up to get Snoop Conner back in April and he's been active, maybe, what? Once this whole year? Didn't really showcase anything note worthy during the pre season as well to justify that trade up to get him.

3. Baalke's history with late round picks here over the last three years has been pretty lack luster. Is he going to trade up in next year's draft? Let's hope so I guess. 

Outside of those three points? When it rains it pours. It makes sense from a business perspective. You invested a first round pick in ETN. The carries were going his way over the last three weeks. He was clearly doing a lot more with the football even in 50/50 situations carry wise with Robinson. So, I get that. Pederson clearly favors the pass more than the run though. So, we'll see what they do for the rest of this year. 

I don't think they're done shopping players out though. This defense has been bad over the last four weeks. You could make a strong case that Josh Allen is more than likely next to be traded out of here. I would also add Dan Arnold into the mix.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."